April Mummies 2011

Hey! Life is crazy and moving way too fast. Isis doesn't like school. I ask her why and she says it's because I'm not there. I'm bribing her into going with treats and privileges and she still cries and I have to get the teacher to hold her when I leave. I'm not going to let her not go but it's getting really tiring. Every day when I pick her up its like I have a teenager in my car. What did you do at school today? Nothing. Did you play with xxxx? No. Did you play with yyyy? No. Ugh.

Dana, I hope Nick comes with you. It's a shame that they closed the one near you. You're right, it doesn't ever go away.

Sam, a June baby! Congrats!

Casey, I'm much more anxious on planes now after having Isis but I just remember that I can't control it so I try really hard to let go. Not easy I know! I'm sure the little bean is just fine! I hope you get your ultrasound

Kj, sorry your husband is giving you comfort like you need.

Caroline, I hope you guys are better! We had/have something going throu our house. I've been minorly I'll for two weeks now. Isis has it too but I think she has a lesser version. I'm still running but it hurts my throat and lungs :/

omg Danielle you could have described alex there to a T! he said to me this morning he's excited to go to preschool but he doesn't like nursery, despite that he's always having a great time when I get him, drop offs are generally still horrible. We had a good chat today and he doesn't like nursery because he misses me, tbf nursery he's there about 10 hours, whereas preschool its only 3. I totally get where he's coming from. Poor things :(.

thanks, we're feeling a lot better now, though eddie has a cold again, but I think it might be teething related. hope you guys shake your bugs soon too!

ooh I forgot to tell you guys, do you remember I said there might be an opportunity for me to switch teams at work!? well it all got suddenly confirmed on Wednesday! came as a bit of a shock to my current team (oops) but really my role won't change at all, I'm just changing base, therefore have a different manager and different immediate team. Although 1 day a week i'll still be based in my old team anyway. But means i'll get to go to team meetings (they're currently on my day off, which doesn't feel very inclusive :/) and generally have a more lively friendly team, so work should be more fun again! :)

I'm glad I'm not alone! But isis is only there 3 1/2 hours two days a week.... I expected her to absolutely love it. She's been basically begging me to find her friends since we moved here. Now I'm paying for her to have friends and she won't go! I can't win. As for the cold, I think we're just getting paid back for the 6 months we went without a cold. Luckily it's not too bad, just annoying.

And congrats on the move!! I'm sure it'll be awesome! At my old job all moves were shocking because everything was done hush hush. Just the way they did things.

Caro that sounds awesome, congrats!

Toby didn't like being left at nursery last term but since going back in September he literally runs in, gives me his bag to put away and sods off to play- I barely even get a bye most days unless I chase him down for kisses :haha: it took him a while to get to that point so hopefully its just a matter of time for isis and alex too

alex is never gonna get there with nursery I don't think, he's been going since before he was 1 ;), never been any different but has always had a good time when I collect him...not that I find out what he actually did but if I catch him before he sees I've arrived he's clearly enjoying himself!

preschool is a different matter, he didn't really like it before summer, he only goes 3 hrs once a week, today he couldn't wait to get there and says he loves it. I wonder with Isis whether she just needs more time, she's not going that often or for long to really get her feet, I'm sure with time she'll enjoy it, just takes longer to settle.

I think for isis its a combination of being home with me for 6 months after being at daycare for her whole life plus she only goes twice a week. I think if I can get her in daily preschool it would help a ton. The place she's at only has this or daycare and we can't really afford that. I'd like to get her in at the local school district but that would probably be next school year at the earliest. I hope she gets better but the first week was awesome, she barely even noticed I had left but the last two weeks have been terrible.

Aww congrats again Sam!! I'm a June baby, best time of year to be born lol!!

Cato, I've been meaning to ask you for a while. How's Alex' speech now? Bet he's improved loads over the summer?

I feel quite sad that they all start school next year?! Wahh!!

I realized I have a health center on campus, so hoping they do either birth control without exam, or give me my exam. I don't even care if I have to pay a little something, anything to avoid having to go back into that clinic is fine with me. I had to take my roommate there when i was younger, and I stayed out in the car for her, because I just couldn't manage to go inside. The protesters don't make it any easier. hopefully i found a solution, though. I pay enough to that school, so hopefully it works out.
I hate when people tell me to "go get a job" when i complain about not having insurance. It's not that having insurance isn't an option, but with the family plan, we simply can't afford it. We're barely getting by right now without the extra $300 a month expense.
I'm trying really hard not to get anxiety about the money thing. i have seriously considered getting a part time job on weekends just to help make ends meet a little better. especially the month long winter break and 3 month long summer break that I get from school.
DH forgot to take his meds today and he's lucky all i've done is bitch. ive wanted to push him off a cliff a couple times today.

I've been very lucky with poppy she went through phases of crying at drop of but it only lasted a matter of days other than that she's gone straight in!
Hope she will transistoon to school like that to! So scary only a month until I have to apply for her school eeeek

Hope you can sort you pill at school dana. That bloke on fb was so out of order, I liked your reply!

Thinking of school is scary! Seems to have come round so fast.

Congratulations sam!

Rachel I think he's come along loads, his recent speech review still says there's significant sound difficulties and a whole bunch of other stuff. We're on a waiting list for some classes and been given some sheets to work on some sounds, accept he's not often wanting to do them! I think he's getting there though :)

Sounds like he's coming on well!! We still get odd words I don't understand, or she speaks so bloody fast (typical woman) that she can't get her words out quick enough. She even talks at night time and keeps her bro awake. She's a typical woman!!

Dh has done it again! Toby and dylan both got into my bed tonight. Then eddie woke at 2am so he and I went to the boys room to get settled... he fell asleep at 4am and not even two minutes later I heard dylan stir in the other room. Stirrung became fussing, fussing became crying all the while dh was in the same bed as him completely oblivious. In the end I got upand found dylan in the hallway having got up to find me. I told dh all he had to do was give dylan a muslin and he straight up lied and said he'd only just settled toby. So I told him hes talking bullshit because id been awake for hours and not heard a peep other than his snoring and he still rolled over and let me take dylan. Soooo.... sleep when im dead n that. Which will be fairly soon if this carries on, im so unhealthy because of this constant lack of sleep its unreal. Still ive got a night off in july so yay!

Sorry I know my rants are repetitive and tedious but if I don't get it off my chest I'll cry about it which only makes the headaches worse.

Perhaps giving dh a big punch in the nose would make you feel better.

oh Katherine, slap him, seriously I don't know how you keep your cool! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->