April Mummies 2011

Casey- we've also put Grand Canyon sized boundaries around ourselves when it comes to Nick's family, and not regretted one minute. I ultimately left it up to him, but I did tell him how I felt. I'm sure it can't be an easy choice, but family or not, if you're toxic I want nothing to do with you let alone my kids around you.

Sorry to keep you guys hanging! Isis's eye will be ok as long as we keep it free from infection. She's on 2 different eye drops 6 times a day! Oh and they hurt her eye when I put them in. It's a ton of fun around here. Her first follow up appt was today. We drive almost 2 hours one way for her appointments plus the clinic is in a different time zone so I have to leave an hour earlier but I gain an hour on my way back. anyway, the dr said everything looked good. We go back in a week and if things look good then he'll lift the physical restrictions and we will go to only one drop and the eye shield won't be needed. We try to keep her to only using the shield at night. I have to be vigilant to make sure she doesn't rub her eye.
She'll have some blurry vision where the scar goes across the middle of her eye. She won't be a fighter pilot but she'll be fine. They had to put in 8 stitches to close the laceration in her cornea!
So our laundry room/pool filter pump room and pool bathroom is horrible and I've struggled with how to make it not a horrible eyesore. I discovered that you can paint linoleum floors so we're going to be really working on that room after I finish painting the trim in the bar and the new counter in the basement. Wednesday I'll be buying some more paint! I can't wait to get that room together! We have a church pew we refinished as a bench in our old house but we had no idea where it fit in this house. We realized if we move a cabinet into the garage the pew fits perfect! It's also nice because now we have somewhere to sit when we put our shoes on.

Lilly, isis eats best if we feed her. Especially if we're giving her unusual food. She's also become very picky and doesn't like any seasonings on her food if she can see them. It's really frustrating! I also understand being annoyed with parent visits. About 3 days in and I am done hanging out with my mom. She drives me crazy. We don't parent like she parented me so by the second day she starts over parenting Isis. Somehow I don't have the balls to tell my mom to stop. It's hard for me. I'm glad you were able to talk to your mom about it.

Casey, I don't know what to say about Michaels sister but hang in there. I'm sure he appreciates your support! We can only do so much for other people, they have to want it for themselves too. I hear ha on the first trimester! I hated it! It's really scary!

Caroline, thanks for thinking of us!

Sorry if I missed someone. It's getting late and I'm a little sleep deprived. Nothing like you Katherine, :/ but enough that I can feel it.

Huge :hugs: Caroline. Thinking of you.

So glad to hear Isis' eye is going to be ok. How traumatic for you all. She was so brave :hugs:

Eurgh, Lily. You're mum sounds like a nightmare :( Hope things picked up.

Sorry to hear you were all ill on holiday, Ashley. Very jealous of your Disney holiday!

I had a stay & play session at Rex's school yesterday with a teacher meeting. She said he's polite, confident, does everything she asks of them, is sociable & friendly. Couldn't ask for more than that really. Proud mummy moment! :cloud9:

Food & mealtimes are also a battle here. It's like Rex has got too much other, more important things to do :dohh: I don't fight with him. I know he won't starve himself. So if he won't eat his dinner then he doesn't get anything else. I've found he eats lunch much better now he has it at more like 11.30 so we can get him to school & breakfast is never an issue. It's just dinner. And getting him to use a fork at dinner? Forget it! :wacko: Spoon or fingers by that time of day!

Also, Leo is 6 months old on Friday. How has that happened?! It's flown! He's sitting up, rolling, desperate to get up on his knees to get crawling. I want him to stay a tiny baby forever cos I know he's my last :( Stop growing!!

Does the UK have food/eating therapists for children who aren't eating and losing weight? They have them here and I know one friend who has used them for over two years with her daughter. Another friend of mines son doesn't eat and she's considered a food therapist.

Idk what they do or if they help. For my friend who uses them it hasn't given her any ways of getting more nutrition in her daughter. And she hasn't weaned off the need for the therapist either.... So my opinion is limited. Just wondering as a number of you have said the littles have a hard time eating.

Oh Danielle that sounds so rough!! I'm glad she's on the mend though.

Dana- we will probably be doing the same with michaels sister and her relationship with his parents. His parents have every right to keep enabling her but it's not healthy for Michael to hear about it anymore.

thanks for the thoughts ladies, he died just after midnight this morning :(. I just feel for my mum mainly, she's now lost her father at 56, her husband at 36 and her brother at 60....my family really needs to be left alone now! Just got the funeral to get through now, I blooming hate funerals (who doesn't), but I find they bring back a lot of emotions from losing my dad so find it hard to be socially acceptable emotion wise.

So glad Isis' eye is going to be ok Danielle, what a nightmare time for you x

Huge hugs Caroline! That has to be so hard on your mom!
Sarah, sounds like a great report! I can't believe Leo is so old already! How fast time flies by is the thing I keep telling myself that makes me think we could have a second kid :) the newborn stage will be over before I know it :)

Thanks guys! She's been great but she really doesn't like her drops. It's hard to tell the difference between her eyes now. I mean, you can see the cut/stitches of you look close (I dont).

Im so sorry Caro :hugs: xx
Danielle, youre right about how fast the newborn phase goes. I have two toddlers now wahhhhh

:hugs: Caro. Never easy to loose family.
I'm so happy Isis' eye is going to be ok!!! I still can't believe the whole thing!
Dana I am hoping you get your date for a baby!!
Rosie still likes to be fed sometimes. She won't finish her food but if I give her bites she will eat more
Casey- I really hope the drama with michaels sister subsides and he is able to feel better. It is so frustrating just from reading it! So what is your approximate due date? We are due awfully close! I'm 8+2 today and couldn't go to work I am so sick. But I haven't been too bad, no vomiting yet.

my heart is aching for my brother. i have no one to talk to since he hasn't told me anything so i'm not supposed to know apparently, but i do.

a few months ago a good friend of mine texted me and asked me if my brother was xx age and lived in xx city, to which i said yes. she then told me she recieved an email from a guy on match.com with his last name and the age and city he lived it stating he was "starting over". a few days later, updated his profile to show his picture and marital status to divorced. he's yet to tell me anything. i went on the local circuit court access site and there's no divorce proceedings, but there is another court case that just today went from filed to open. it's for domestic violence and battery. the original incident happened end of march, a couple weeks before abby's birthday which they came to together. we've all gone to their home a few times since then and no indication of divorce, let alone battery or domestic violence happening. i realize that's basically a commercial for dv, but damn. if anyone met my brother you would know without a doubt this isn't him, hell, as a kid *i* was the one pounding on him (he's older by 3.5 years). it just doesn't make any sense. my parents are being hush hush not saying anything.

my heart is breaking for him. no idea what to do, but telling him i know anything is out of the question.

i just can't..

oh gosh Dana, when are you seeing him next? if there's any indication he'd not quite his normal self use that opportunity to probe a bit and see if he'll open up. Do your parents know? xx

Yes they know. Next I should see him is thanksgiving (end of November)

Dana, huge hugs! I don't know what to tell you but hopefully he'll feel comfortable enough to talk to you soon.

He doesn't need to talk to me, I'm not pretending that were even the beginning of close, I'm just concerned because that was I do. It's got to be hard going thru it all and I feel so badly.

Im sorry Dana... it must be horrible knowing and having to watch these things unravel from afar. Just be there for him when the time comes and know that in the long run, by the sounds of it, it's whats best for him xx

I can understand family not sharing that kind of info because thats how my family is too. I just wish you weren't excluded

Hi ladies :)
Nice to see its still active here.
I got a new phone and added the site to my 'quick access' so should be regular here again now.

In other news I was on TV today xD
In the audience of Jeremy kyle haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"