April Mummies 2011

whoop for weight loss Danielle! mines heading in the right direction too :D, its amazing when people start noticing!

going back to what our kiddies are doing now, I'm a bit worried about what alex keeps coming out with, I'm guessing its from other kids at nursery and at some point when alex isn't there need to have a chat with them about it, but basically he's coming home and saying to me he's rubbish at stuff, tonight it was counting, the other day he said he couldn't speak properly. Obviously I'm trying to encourage him that its not true and we can practice more at home to help him get even better, but realistically he's not all that interested in practising, so I'm just counting when we can for stuff and gently saying words back correctly when he pronounces them wrong as we were advised by speech therapy. I dunno its scary to think other kids are already saying stuff to him! Although he will come home and tell me others have been naughty as they did 'x', so no doubt he's also saying the same to them :/. Do you think just ignore? I'm concerned already he's thinking he's rubbish at things when he's not even had the chance to try yet!

I think the self doubt thing is normal at this age because they do spend a lot more time with peers. Toby has started saying "i cant remember" when trying to recognise letters that he's known for years and little things like that. I think just encouragement and helping when they want/ask for it is all we can do for our kiddos at the moment.

Well done on the weightloss ladies! My SIL just got to her pre-preg weight for the first time in 3.5yrs. She's soooo happy, it's awesome! I gave up worrying about my weight a year ago. I'm a very hefty size but the moment I stopped fretting about what other people thought of me and my fatness and started wearing what I wanted instead of what would hide me, I got a whole lot happier. I write a fat blog now :haha:
Not saying you guys should stay as you are or anything preachy like that. I'm not one of THEM. And it's not to say I don't want to be healthier... I'm just happier with myself as I am, however I am. And now I'm just.... rambling.

Cottles- that's the best thing ever! Being happy with yourself no matter what. If that means as is or less of you of even more. I think in the end simply being happy with yourself is amazing!

Speaking of weight this is the first pregnancy I can't keep the weight on. I keep yo-yo-ing between negative weight and 3lbs over. And that's it. The OB scale adds like 3 lbs but I think that's cause I've eaten, I usually have to pee and I'm wearing shoes and full clothes instead of empty bladder no food and light pjs.

Speaking of OB- they told me to starting weaning Ember because after first trimester it gets harder for my body to keep up breastfeeding and baby growing nutrition. A part of me doesn't want to because I feel like my weight being neutral is due to still breastfeeding but another part of me doesn't want to keep breastfeeding anyway. Im so torn! I think I'm going to just feel it out. If I start thinking it's becoming unhealthy for me I will stop.

I think that would be the best approach Ashley!
Awesome on the weight loss ladies!!
Ruby is in the 5% for weight and 10% for height while rosie has always been in the 50 for height and weight. Kids are different. But I'm glad Aleena is starting to gain weight again!
Cottles- glad he apologized but ugh! Guys can be such a dick. And so can family
I got a job with the county. Pays 12.62/hr and is full time with benefits and PtO so I'm happy. We also are waiting to hear back on some rental applications because my relationship with my mom is awful and toxic right now.

That sounds like an amazing jobs!! :D So happy for you!!! I really hope a rental pans out. I know that my mom and I are on really awesome terms and have been for years but if we had to live in close quarters things could get ugly fast. It's just different personalities for us. I know you said it's toxic, I hope it's not irreparable.

Ember and Josie are opposites too in weight. Josie's always been near or around 50-60% for both height/weight and Ember is 80% in height/weight. She's a big baby! :D All babies are different. Glad she's starting to gain some weight. I have two friends who struggle with weight for their LOs and I can only imagine how hard and stressful it can be.

Michael's counseling appt went amazingly. Counselor agreed basically with everything we are planning on doing. Eventually we will "make amends" for the simple reason so that we can quietly shut the door on the relationship without further drama and victimization on their part. Counselor said both SIL and BF are "people-users" and "black holes" as in everything gets sucked in but nothing is given back. The only thing she cautioned is with Michael's bluntness to his parents. It's best to feign care for his sister to his parents so that they aren't hurt in the process. It's Michael's decision what kind of relationship he wants with his sister, but his parents will ALWAYS have two children and it would hurt them if he said "I just don't want to know about her." So instead the counselor gave him tools to help minimize conversations about her. It was an amazing thing for him. I'm so happy. Just for the validation of "yes, these people are bad for you." I mean it's one thing to feel it but another to be validated, you know?

Casey, as for the weaning, I'd just see how it goes with Ember. My guess is she'll probably wean as your milk decreases. If I remember correctly your milk will diminish in the second tri and then switch to colostrum in the third. You don't have to wean if you don't want to, just eat to compensate. I'm so glad Michael went to counseling! Stephen refuses and makes it hard sometimes. He has his reasons and I respect them but I'm sure we would struggle less sometimes if he would see someone. I love what his counselor said!

Katherine, I love your posts! You have helped me accept me for who I am while working towards being who I know I can be if that makes sense. You rock!

Sam, I'm so happy you got that job! I'm crossing my fingers for you with the rental! I can't imagine living with my mom for that long!

Caroline, I have nothing to say to help you with Alex. Isis doesn't ever say anything like that from school. I think you're doing the right thing for what its worth. Isis just complains about how much she doesn't enjoy school :dohh:

So, hubby and I had a heart to heart last night and decided that neither of us wants Isis to be an only child. I really don't want to be pregnant again and the thought of having a second baby scares the shit out of us, I'm making an appointment tomorrow to get my IUD removed, an endo appt for my thyroid and hopefully my cycles will regulate and this coming spring we can look at ttc. If not then I'll raise the best most awesome only child in the world! :haha:

cheese- did you have a difficult pregnancy? I can't remember now. Is it that the transition from one to two scares you? Is it everything? :haha: I will admit two is was harder than one but it's all relative. You adapt. Survive! lol I'm not as worried about two to three because all I hear is that you lose your mind completely and then nothing matters anymore lol.

Josie says she doesn't want to go to school sometimes and she cries some days when I drop her off still but I know she has a wonderful time. Sometimes she says people don't want to play with her. I don't how to take that. I think people do play with her but all kids are different and Josie can sometimes be overwhelming. She is soooooooo clingy and needy for attention from friends. It makes me sad. I try to blame myself (as always) but I know she will get over it and it's probably the age mostly.

6 months after having Leo, I'm STILL 7lb from my 'in-between babies' weight :wacko: But I do go a bit crazy with food when pregnant cos I'm greedy :haha: I've lost 33lb so far (& that's fat, not baby related weight!). Ideally I'd like to lose another stone under my 'in-between babies' weight to be back at my wedding weight. I felt really good then & it seems achievable now my uterus is retired ;)

Aaaww, Caroline, it breaks my heart to hear that Alex is saying those things :( Other kids are mean. They love to pick on differences. You just have to keep bigging him up I guess.

Great news on the job, Sam :thumbup:

Sorry so many of you are dealing with family issues :( Hope they resolve themselves soon. :hugs:

We got the proofs of Rex's first school photos this week. I nearly cried when I saw them! He just looks so grown up & gorgeous on them :cloud9:

My best mate reckon that the transition from 2-3 was easier than 1-2

awesome on the job sam!

glad Michael spoke to the councellor Ashley, sounds like he's given brilliant advice.

I've heard the transition from 1-2 is harder than 2-3. Also my friends who have left the gap much bigger seem to have an easier ride. Just having that 3+ first born where they're that bit more independent seems to help, in the short term at least. My good friend had over 4 years between her two and her oldest is so in love with her sister, its lovely to see and a brilliant help to her mum. Whereas although alex and eddie adore each other, alex still hasn't got the maturity to understand eddie just thinks he's amazing so can't always deal with eddie wanting in on everything he does and how he just doesn't understand about sharing yet.

sarah that's amazing weight loss! I'm a million miles still from my wedding weight, about 10kg! i'll be happy to lose another stone, reckon I'd feel amazing at that weight now, wedding weight I'd dieted to get to that weight so it's probably not really maintainable for me long term. I'm already 4kg less than when I fell pregnant with alex though so fairly happy so far :).

Here's the thing. The last person to go to bed having been left to do chores while everyone else sleeps should NOT be the one to get up at 4am.

I am fkn FUMING this morning. Like, if he says ONE thing to me, hes at risk of having his balls cut off.

Guhhh sorry for the explosey rant. Ive been having a few down days. Mood and self confidence have crashed. Perked up a bit thanks to a few blog develoments but it'll be a few days til I'm back to my old self.

But anyway, toby has started paying an interest in learning to read. At night he has a bedtime story and once ive read it all the way through, we read it again at his pace.... he points to the word he wants us to read or re-read and hopefully he'll start recognising a bunch of words.
We're going to do sight words with nerf guns soon... set up word targets on paper plates and get him to shoot the ones we shout out. Whether it'll work i don't know but it'll be fun anyway!

Hes also started wanting to write his name all the time which is lovely. I do wonder if he can write more but I'll wait and let him show me when hes ready.

I totally agree with what Caroline said about a bigger age gap. There's pretty much exactly 3 years between my 2 & I think I've found it much easier than my friends with 2-2.5yr gaps (or less! 2 of my friends only have 18 month gaps) Rex totally understood about Leo & he's able to dress himself etc. All his major milestones are over like potty training, a 'big boy bed'. And he's a great little helper :) He'll pass me things or run upstairs for things if I forget them. He even unlocks the door when we arrive home if I've got my hands full with Leo & bags. He's been a real star since Leo arrived tbh. Much better than I even dared to hope :cloud9:

Rex is going on his first school trip on Thursday. He's so excited, bless him. He keeps telling me that he needs a coat & a packed lunch so I guess the teacher must keep reminding them! Like I'd send him without either of those things!! :) Hope he has fun & doesn't miss me. They'll be away the whole day & he's usually only at school for 3 hours :(

I haven't even gotten Abby potty trained I can't imagine adding Moreno the mix.

I really don't want to do potty training again lol, I bet when Abby is ready Dana she'll just click, probably day and night! alex still wears nappies at night, though I'm starting to wonder if he's just being a tad lazy as pretty sure he's just going in his nappy 1st thing in the morning, getting him dry in the day was hard work though, but probably made worse as I had a newborn too.

I'm so going to have a bigger gap before number 3 listening to what everyones said :)

Will be nice though! She'll be at that age where she'll be able to help, do her own thing when shes asked. With any luck you'll have less resistance.

So its 12:50am and i just found toby downstairs on the sofa. Just casually sitting there in the dark watching youtube videos on the ipad at 10 to 1 in the mirning :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->