April Mummies 2011

KJ, if that was your husband that called you lazy, I'm taking donations now to come over there and smack him a good one.
He may have said that i sat on my arse all day instead of playing with the kids. Which, considering i have a nasty chest infection and was still doing relay races up and down the living room with any rest time being used for dance breaks and rehearsing tobys christmas play, was a bit insulting. Oh well. Its the least of my problems. I have apparently ruined christmas.

ESSAY:
Me and my lot, sister and nephew were going to my mums on boxing day.
Sister has just got back together with her fuckwad ex (hes dumped her twice before because he cant accept my nephew as hes not his- something he shouldve considered 3 years ago not now). Naturally we were there picking up the pieces and now shes forgotten all of that and fallen into his trap of "oh well i mean it this time" AGAIN.
So i sent him a message telling him that he should consider taking a step back from boxing day because its too soon, people are still hurt and christmas is not the time to either try to rebuild bridges or act like nothings happened. But Instead of manning up and doing whats right hes gone crying to my sister acting like hes the victim and now sis hates me and shes refusing to go anywhere without him. So my mums upset because we wont all be together, my sisters pissed off and her boyfriend is just a complete and utter twunt. I am starting to just not care... I said what everyone else was thinking. And in fact what everyone agreed that I should say because Im the only one not afraid to be honest.

Its tradition now. I ruin christmas. Last year I ruined it by announcing i was moving 45 miles away and mum guilt tripped me for it and made it all about her. This year its my sisters turn to be an over sensitive fuckup. And they wonder why I prefer spending Christmas with DHs extended family.

I said this on fb and I'll say it again. You have some AMAZING people that surround you.

Can you taste the sarcasm? Good. It should taste like bullshit because that's what it is.

Gem, please look for help in the community. Two abortions is not something to try to get through on your own. Massive hugs!!

I want to kick some people in the face for you KJ!

First day at my new job and I'm sitting in my truck on my lunch break crying because I miss my kids. Didn't see that coming.

Gem, deffo get to your GP. My friend is going through a marriage break up & feeling really down & her GP put her straight on antidepressants & referred her for counselling. :hugs:

Urgh, families, Katherine! You did everyone a favour by telling the boyf not to bother on Boxing Day :thumbup: Hope your sister comes round.

Big :hugs: Sam. I'm sure it's just pregnancy hormones kicking in. The girls willbe doing just fine without you, don't worry. And you're doing a great thing by earning money for your family :)

I need to ask:

Is anyone else's april baby reaching a new level of defiance cause I'm on the fence about whether possibly I'm totally ruining my child's life or if it's just a phase.

She bit her sister last night. First time ever. Very upsetting for everyone. Including Emmie who adores her to bits. My heart broke of course. Over the whole thing.

She refuses to listen to just about everything we say to her. Bath time, a once awesome fun thing is how a huge pain in the ass because she fights it tooth and nail. She's had several accidents recently. I get they regress and usually it's because she wants or is in the middle of doing something else and then remembers too late. She's even being more insufferable at dinner which again is one of those times where she usually behaves and we all converse and are together. I just don't know.

My hunch is this new baby. She points to my belly a lot and says "baby" all robot like. It's upsetting cause I hate to think she is resentful of a new sibling.

Michael and I have decided to make friday nights Josie nights. He takes her out one night and I do the next week. Just something for her to get one on one time with one of us. we might make it saturday just so we can have more time.

As ember gets older we will include her in her own separate outings, etc.

I thought the separate outing with Josie time was started a while ago?

Can't say Abby's any more defiant than normal, though I'm sure it's about testing her boundaries. 2 new siblings in a relatively short period of time could be an issue for her, though. i do think the outting with just her should help some in feeling not left out.

I thought the separate outing with Josie time was started a while ago?

Can't say Abby's any more defiant than normal, though I'm sure it's about testing her boundaries. 2 new siblings in a relatively short period of time could be an issue for her, though. i do think the outting with just her should help some in feeling not left out.

It was going to be but we absolutely forgot about it with the move and wanting to do things as a family again and so on and so forth. She's not neglected- not even a little. I take her side most of the time when Ember is trying to constantly steal her toys. And this wasn't an issue until she started realizing a new baby was coming. So like in the past three ish weeks. Which is why I'm leaning towards it being that.

But then again she talks about the baby excitedly.....

And now that I think more on it, it's all mostly with Michael which is a huge surprise. When he's on duty she doesn't fight bath night and she eats nicely with me and Ember. And me and her get along fine through the day. She's usually a peach. Helps me with Ember. We play. We watch tv, we do activities. It all changes when Michael gets home. I think she's trying to push her boundaries with HIM. Which I think is his fault because he's always been so lax with her. She could be just now readjusting to having him home all the time so she's starting to push because she's comfortable with him again.

So many possibilities..... Parenting. Never a dull moment.

I think it is a phase. Sometimes I don't know what to do with Rosie. It drives me crazy!

sounds like similar behaviour to what alex has with DH and I'm sure its because he's just not around so much. No suggestions, just know you're not alone!

:hugs: gem, go see your GP, totally no reason why your x needs to know anything about you hun.

x

Amelia's like that when her DH is home too. Drives me potty. Actually, thinking about it, she is fantastic when alone with myself or Dean and I. It's when Jake comes home from school. My niece and nephew are te same. I just don't understand why, either!!

Just another little hiccup, that will smoothe itself out soon enough!

Does anyone else find Timehop app a bit bittersweet?! Man, I wish I could go back a few years sometimes and relive those moments! On the other hand, it's made me remember things is forgotten (and drunk statuses I REALLY wish I could forget :haha:) LOL!!

Poppy has just been through a big developmental stage and her defiance was ridiculous. She too bit someone at nursery in that time.

We've just come out the other side. I did wonder if the baby has something to do with hers but I don't think it has as she's back to being fully involved and getting excited about the arrival etc

Glad it's not just us. Jakes- I feel that way about timehop! And the pre children posts are the most fun! Lol what the hell did I do with my life before kids. Hahaha

Casey, Isis is much worse when we're all together. If it's just she and I she is much better than when daddy is home. She's still not crazy defiant though.

Dh had a minor surgery on Tuesday so I've been taking care of him. He's been pushing the physical limits of course so today was a little rough. He also has a lifting limit and we didn't bring up our Christmas tree yet. I decided I wanted the tree up so I went downstairs and pulled it upstairs. After I got it up he said "I will never fuck with you again!" Lol! Its a crazy heavy prelit tree that my FIL and mil gave us because they had to hire someone to take it in and out of their basement it's so heavy. Now at least he understands why I kick his ass when we wrestle :)
I've been seriously struggling with gifts for Isis. She doesn't need anything! I'm giving her my old iPhone as her big gift. FIL is giving her a special case for the phone. My parents have bought her an easel, plus a drs kit and drs outfit from doc mcstuffins. I still need stocking stuffers still and wouldn't mind giving her a couple other small things so she has more things to open.

Cheese- The Might Girl facebook has some really cool gift ideas. I think I got Josie a kid's microscope but i might have gotten from zulily. I can't remember, I went on a shopping spree for Christmas for her back in Sept/Oct. Makes me sad because I still want to get her stuff. :\ I want to get her this veterinarian set I saw on the Might Girls website. It comes with stuff to "doctor" two little animals and a big cage to keep the animals in for observation. Pretty neat, I think.

We haven't set the tree up yet. Did hang some lights up outside. Hope DH gets better soon. Hope his surgery went well.

I also need to go through all her toys and do the massive pre-christmas donations.

MIL ("santa") got Josie an outdoor cottage which is AMAZING!! I'm hoping it being in the back yard will encourage her to play outside more.

I'm really at a loss at what to get Ember. She plays with all of Josie's things, especially if Josie is currently playing with it! ugh. I might just get her more clothes. She's not really old enough to really understand Christmas anyway and she could use more sleep and play jumpers. ;) She lives in them! lol

Nothing new here. Josie's still pretty defiant but only with Michael. After observing that it is SO obvious that it's ONLY with him. Feels good to know it's not just Josie. And that maybe it's not as bad as I think it is.

My next goal in Maine is to find some playmates for Josie. She has a friend at school she talks about a lot so I'm going to see if I can get that friend's information so we can set up play dates. Maybe her mom will be a cool mom that drinks wine and wears yoga pants all day. :haha:

Oh I love the idea of the vet kit! She's all about the doc mcstuffins dr stuff. I don't mind her liking doc. I love the message of that show. I'll take a look at might girl to see if there are any little things she might like. I'm not sure if I'm going to do stockings at home and with the ils or just the ils.
I didn't do much for Isis until last year tbh. She didn't understand so I didn't worry about it. I made sure there were things for stockings with the extended family and a couple presents.

MEN ARE MORONS. Can someone send me a nice man to look after me? I've been upstairs for an hour, thrown up several times and the coughing has given me a headache. I feel drained and wobbly on my feet. DH assumed I'd fallen asleep so when I told him what actually happened he sent toby up, who then woke up the babies and I got a txt from downstairs telling me to get dressed so I can put away the food shopping when it gets here. Fuuuuucksaaaake.

Yes I know hes a knob and deserves a kick in the nads but I needed to vent so there it is. Sorry. Ignore me I'm just feeling sorry for myself.

Your husband sounds like a dick. He did 2 years ago and still does now .. sorry don't mean to be harsh but he is not going to change.

We got aleena a bunch of my little ponies since she's obsessed with those. And we are moving to a house on the intracoastal waterway with a dock and huge play set . We will be moving in right before Christmas so that'll be exiting for her as well :)
Think I'll also get her a my little pony wall decals for her new room and some other decorations for her room .
Layla is getting fisher price laugh and learn dog thing that makes noise and a fisher price phone and remote since she loves to stick mine in her mouth lol.

Yeah he can be a knobsack. Seems to think that because I dont milk being ill man-flu style that I'm faking i guess? I dunno.

Ive found christmas presents really hard this year. Toby is pretty easy to buy for but the twins have all Tobys old stuff and then some so they have barely anything.

Tobys so excited about Christmas this year. I think he finally "gets" it. Hes got his oen little tree, tinsel om his top bunk bed, lego advent calendar and hes a shepherd in his nursery/pre-school play tomorrow. Im sooo excited to see him doing it! The downside to home educating i guess is missing out on school plays and stuff so this will be his first and last. Praying i dont cough all the way through

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->