April Mummies 2011

Yes aleena is also as excited as ever about christmas .
I hear it every day " is it christmas yet? " , nope 2 more weeks "that's too long !!" Lol

Poppy is excited to. For the last 5 nights she's slept through in her own bed as she believes that the elves come and wrap presents for other people etc when she's asleep.

We're off to paultons park today for winter wonderland and peppa pig world.

We're all feeling very festive this year

We had Rex's school play last Thursday. He was a robin. Sooooo cute! And I was so proud of him :cloud9: He knew the words to every single song. I got tears in my eyes when he first came on stage :)

He is bouncing off the walls with excitement about christmas this year :wacko: And I've only got myself to blame :dohh: We've got our elf here, up to mischief & our tree has been up a week already & he's got a little tree of his own in his playroom that he decorated. He's got a snowman in his room that counts the sleeps & we change it every morning & we have to go through how many it actually is using toes & fingers :haha:

I've found Rex so easy to buy for this year. He's gettumg the Disney Infinity game as his main present & lots of Spiderman bits. Leo has been much harder to buy for. He has everything that Rex had as a baby so his pile will be a lot smaller but he won't know any difference this year.

Just got Aleena's test results back. Severely gluten intolerant and also intolerant to casein (cow's milk), egg, AND soy. Now the question is.. what do we feed her? So happy we went through with this testing as this gives us all the answers we were looking for and explains so much.

glad you got some answers naima, just confirms what you've always said! can you see a dietician? or get some recipes that are specially tailored? I guess ideally you'd find food you can all eat that meets aleena's needs so she can eat the same as the rest of the family?

alex is also soooo excited about xmas! but probably my fault too as I'm really excited that he gets it this year. if you guys haven't done it yet, do the link on my fb and create a message from santa for your LO, I showed alex his tonight and his reaction was so special, he just truly believed santa was talking to him :), Christmas is so magical for such a short period for them I'm going to treasure it! when I was little I found out at only 5yrs old the truth in the school playground and once the doubt had been planted in my mind I think I then knew really, and begged my mum to tell me the truth, when she finally gave in and told me I was so so gutted I hope alex can keep believing for longer than I managed!

She's always been a "refuser" when it comes to food .
I'm already soy milk and egg free cause layla is sensitive to those so aleena can eat what I eat except my bread and pasta.. but most of the time she refuses.
Yea I'm trying to find stuff she will eat. We have been cutting out gluten for the past month and have found her chicken nuggets and cereal she can and does eat. And cookies so we will get there .. slowly

Glad you got answers and I'm sure you will find things she likes and can eat!

My dad sent Poppy a message from Santa. She poo'd herself lol its so nice thou that she's really into it and believing etc

aww, that's so sweet!!

Sorry I've been MIA lately, school really started stressing me out. BUT that's over as of today and i'm freeeeee!!

had a great birthday on monday, got about 100 hugs from the kiddo and some nice gifts from my parents, as well as taken out to lunch. Can't wait til christmas, as we'll be staying an extended weekend again like thanksgiving, which was so much fun.

Isis is so cute about Christmas! She wishes me a merry christmas constantly! I still have a ton of shopping to do but I think I'll be able to get it done this week. Well, I have to! :haha:
We're heading to DH's hometown tomorrow to attend the funeral of a very close family friend. The hard part is she died of ovarian cancer like my MIL. My FIL is a train wreck and unfortunately my SIL is taking much of the shit from him. I understand why he's not ok but he's upset at my SIL for ridiculous reasons.
So last week I went to see a new dr. (that's the third one since we moved here for those keeping track...) She is the best dr I have ever had! I can't believe I waited this long to see her. My friend recommended her but her office is a 50 minute drive away. I was hoping to find someone closer but I'm done dealing with drs that won't listen to me. She increased my thyroid meds and has ordered ultrasounds to check the results from the CT scan I had at the ER a few weeks ago. She went through all the results on the CT scan which the ER didn't do and has put me on a special diet to try to help my symptoms. My ultrasound is on the 26th. Its both abdominal and pelvis. The ER just said I had slow movement through my GI tract causing pain. I in fact had enlarged ovaries and a cyst on my left kidney in addition to the slow movement. The special diet has helped my pain tremendously but I'm worried about what happens when I slowly introduce regular food. I guess I'll see.
Naima, I'm so glad you guys figured out what she's actually sensitive to. I wonder if you eliminate those things enough she'll actually find food attractive and eat more.
We took Isis to see Santa and she is so damn shy she wouldn't let go of me and barely would tell Santa what she wanted for Christmas. I'll scan and post her horrible $11 Santa picture when I get a chance. I don't know what to do about her shyness.

I think shyness is something that children grow out of or learn to cope with as they get older. Is she ok around other adults?

I've hit a wall. About life, love, family, everything. Finding it very hard to cope just now.

Danielle, I'd just be there for her when she is feeling shy and let her know everything is OK.
I was very shy as a kid and still am shy.
Some people are just born that way , I suppose :)
Nothing wrong with that.

Day 1 put Abby in underwear (pants for you English) and Abby was in tears, so I was on tears. Now she's fine and eating breakfast and I'm still in tears. Who knew potty training would be harder for me?

:hugs: Nobody ever mentions how hard potty training is on parents. Toby went through a LOT of needing to be naked all the time before he would consider undies. Thats the only way he managed the transition. Maybe try giving Abby the option to be nekkid with no pressure to wear knickers just yet? (You may have already tried this, sorry if so!)

No, she's doing awesome it's just me who's the emotional wreck. She hates being naked, so I think that would be worse. We have yet to go in the potty, but she has t had an accident either, so that's good.
No turning back now, right? *sigh*. I've potty trained a lot before, but never my own kid. So emotional.

glad you've found a good dr Danielle and the diets helping hun!

:hugs: dana and Katherine.

Dana potty training is deffo hard, I was in tears regularly but to not have an accident immediately is amazing, go abby!

shyness wise for isis I'd just be there for her too, gently encourage but don't force her to do something she doesn't want too. Amazingly alex can be shy when he's around situations or people he doesn't know but he's a long way from shy when he knows those around him or once he's settled into something. xx

No accidents, but not going on the potty either. I have a feeling she's holding and that concerns me too. Oh well. Patience will be rewarded!!

Spoke too soon. She knew it was coming out and was shortly after we just got up from trying and is now asking for a diaper. Moved potty to living room to sit on now with cartoons in hopes more came out cause there wasn't much in the undies.

Cheese- I think shyness is just a temperament. Is it seriously debilitating? Or is just normal? Not wanting to talk to santa is pretty normal. A friend of mine took her daughter to see ELSA at a bookstore and she wouldnt even go near her and her daughter is Frozen obsessed!! I think Emmie will be shy. I can't be sure cause she's only 1, but temperaments aren't something I'd worry about. Easier said than done obviously! (From the mom who worries about everything! Lol)

I'm glad your doctor is helping you! Those GI problems can be so awful. I hope you are on the mend soon!

Dana- good luck potty training. I blacked that whole time out! lol! I bet you'll have an easier time since she's older. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->