April Mummies 2011

Afm- nothing new. Things are settling. Hoping no more SIL bullcrap especially christmas. Michaels better. Our last blow out fight was Thanksgiving and none since so almost a month. I think he's finally going back to normal.

Josies still not wanting to be good with him. She's a fricking amazing child for me during the day and on duty days. Ember on the other hand. She's an emotional rollercoaster like her mother! Lol mega clingy, she's also still battling some sniffles. But I suspect that's simply her temperament. Sweet and wonderful one second demanding and unruly the next. Josie at that age was just so much more chill. :)

0-3 but this last time she did have to tell me she had to go just didn't make it in time. Lots of potty training posts as husband isn't enthused about it all and I refuse to post on fb about it.

I bet Abby will be completely out of diapers before Rosie!

Glad you found a dr to listen to you Cheese!!

:hugs: cottles!

16 weeks here. Got the washer fixed tonight. Hubby did it after the repair guy said it was going to be a $440 fix. He said there was no way that was the bad part after all the research he had been doing. He pulled the washer top off (which the repair guy didn't) and immediately found a broken wire. Fixed that and it works!! I'm so happy! No more laundry mat!
We have been full of death here. Dh had a cold, stomach bug and pneumonia and Ruby has had an awful cough. Rosie and I both got the stomach bug. It has been miserable but I'm starting to feel better.

Wait, I thought Rosie was out of diapers last year already? She seemed great when we met up in feb, what happened?

Lots of patience but I see the light. I just have to keep reminding myself to just keep going. It's hard because I'm training nick along with Abby. Why do I always have to be the only one who knows wtf she's doing?! :grr:

Bloody ell week bwcore christmas and toby has started on his birthday list haha
In a way its good because i can hit the january sales but still!

I have the same question Fox, I thought Rosie was done with potty training??

Josie still wears night time pull ups. But I am in no way concerned. Don't even care really, let her go to kindergarten still wearing night time pull ups! Lol !!!! The pediatrician said they usually get the hang of night time potty training 6 months to 1 yr after they are fully day time trained. But I just don't even care. Lol

Just tried putting Abby in underwear again and she started screaming and crying "I don't wanna wear undies, I don't wanna wear undies". She wins. *sigh*

Poppy's not dry at night but Im not worried she sleep so heavy once asleep she doesn't wake when wet when I've tried. In the last week she's stsrted saying in the morning my nappys not as wet so I'm sure she will get there

Ughhhhhh Dylans just put 2 teeth through his bottom lip. Cant decide if i should take him to get it checked in case it needs a stitch or if im just beinf overly worried.

Seriously, would you get this checked? I cant tell if its an issue or if the swellings making it look worse than it is and im being a massive worrywort.
Dh isnt home so I dont even know how id get dylan anywhere to get it checked but... OHIDONTKNOW.

Attachments

• 2014-12-17 11.16.34.jpg
    2014-12-17 11.16.34.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 3
She is only in night time diapers. She pees them every morning before she gets out of bed. I was really trying to get her out of them but she was having accidents too often and i am too sore deprived to keep trying.

I probably wouldn't take him in. But that's just me. My kids do that all the time. Lol

ouch Katherine, did you take him in? I think I would have, though in real life I'm the worlds worse mum for actually acting on my own advice so would have probably waited it out lol.

alex is still in night nappies too, nice to hear there's lots still in nappies! most of my friends kids are dry night and day now. He generally still totally soaks through his nappy at night so we're a long way off being dry, he always needs clean pj's everyday too as they smell a bit of wee.

Just keep encouraging her dana without overly pushing it. Has she got a particular toy she wants or another motivator? not overly proud to admit it but my key thing to getting alex dry in the day was using sweets as bribes, he got a sticker for a wee and 5 stickers equalled a sweet, he got a sweet straight away for a poo, wasn't a miracle cure but we got there eventually! oh and i bought him a froggy step and seat combo to use over the toilet, we didn't use the potty at all, I've never cleaned a poo out a potty yet, hopefully i'll avoid doing that with eddie too! xx

Today she asked to wear her new undies after doc mcstuffins asked her to wear them last night. No accidents today but no pee or anything yet. She has sat in the potty by herself the last couple times and is pulling her pants up and down now too. We bought small candy canes last night as rewards since she lived them so much. Here's hoping!!

Hows she getting on dana?

I caved and took dylan in *just in case*... apparently he'd have had it sutured if he was older but its too traumatic for kiddos his age so we just have to wait it out and hope it doesn't get infected.

To top it off Eddie and Toby have been struck down with some kind of norovirusy type thing. Combined with my own lurgy, all I've done this week is clean up puke and blood :dohh:

She just had an accident. We've only had 1 success and that was minimal at best. She doesn't want to go in the potty, it's scary for her which I get. How do I convince her? Any prize, doesn't work. She's not material motivated which is great, but more difficult lol.

Idk. I guess just make sure you are reassuring when she has an accident. It is great de was motivated by new undies though! It will happen :)

I'm also glad to hear so many are still in night time diapers. Ruby is dry through the night most nights and getting great at telling me that she needs a new diaper. And she is starting to get more words. It is amazing how much less she says than Rosie did!!

Motivational things only worked for Josie for so long. She got bored fast. Stickers, charts, prizes, toys, food, candy all went to the way side once she was bored of it.

I'm far from an expert because my trail and error was so horrendous but what worked was taking away her pull up all together and then informing her to go sit on the potty every 1-2 hours or sooner if I knew she had just had a drink or food.

But that was only after I knew she wanted to potty on the toilet. Pooping took a while longer. She gradually stopped wanting to poop in her panties and started holding it and pooping in the tub which sucked and then it was a quick step to the potty and we've never looked back. She has had no poop accidents since May but pee accidents happen more often. She had a little regression last month. I think she gets over confident and then pees on herself from holding it too long. She thinks she's the master of her bladder but she's still a novice lol.

Recently this week she's taken to going to the bathroom for morning peeing putting on her panties and taking off her pull up and throwing it away all by herself without even sometimes me being awake! Lol I think it's a good direction towards night dryness.

I think youre doibf great Dana. Listening to Abby at her pace.

Idk. I guess just make sure you are reassuring when she has an accident. It is great de was motivated by new undies though! It will happen :)

I'm also glad to hear so many are still in night time diapers. Ruby is dry through the night most nights and getting great at telling me that she needs a new diaper. And she is starting to get more words. It is amazing how much less she says than Rosie did!!

Ember too! She doesn't talk at all as much as Josie did at that age. Which I suppose im grateful for. I'm starting to get her language. She will go to her high chair if she's hungry. She points to the food she wants to eat and says "yayaya" and shakes her head. If she wants to go upstairs she will head to the baby gate at the bottom and point up. She helps with cleaning up when I ask her to. She's knows a lot just doesn't say hardly anything. Lol

She comprehends so much. But says very little. I wish she would inform me when she needs a diaper change! Next step. Lol!!

Cottles- glad you went in. I would have too! Hope everything goes well and everyone starts feeling better and poor LO's lip heals well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->