April Mummies 2011

That's mad! When u think how long it's been

Aww I love you girls! Happy new year!!!
I applied for a job I thought I wasn't qualified for and found out they accepted my application and I move onto the testing phase. Wish me luck!! It pays $2/hr more than what I'm making now. Also I am supposed to be scheduled for a job interview for a position that pays $1/hr more. I'm hoping for the job that pays more though. We will see! Either way things are looking up this year.

Awesome Sam, good luck!
So the whole bit about me starting my own business... might be a bit doomed. Got my machinery today. Turned it on and it tripped the entire house. :dohh:

good luck sam, sounds good!

what business are you hoping to start Katherine? send the machine back if its faulty!

I'm looking into doing something from home too, my friend is into paper cutting and is going to help me out a bit so might try and expand that as think I'd enjoy it and could work around the kids. possibly with a view to giving up work as alex starts school or at least sometime early the year after depending on when we do baby number 3 as might just hold out to get one last lot of mat pay ;) xx

I just can't believe how many of you are in baby #3 and I'm sitting here wondering if I want #2, or if we can even afford another.

Weird position to be in is all.

Dont. Unless you have magical sedative powers. Trying to tell Toby he needed to stay in his own bed last night was a complete disaster. He was up 9 times before he wokr up Eddie and eventually woke up Dylan.
Toby has beem awake since midnight, thrown around 6 kilos of lego onto the sofa and the floor, and allowed me the pleasure of a sweet half hour sleep.

I don't know how you do it. Ruby is a horrible sleeper but since there is only one of her I'm pretty quick to quiet her down and get her back to sleep. She likes sleeping with me. It's hard, on her own she wakes 3-8 times a night. With me just once. Rosie still wakes up at least once most nights too. She tries to sleep with is also. It's hard but sleep is happening

Thank god my kid likes to sleep, but then were pretty firm in that night means sleeping. No coming to our bed. Nothing. Pretty sure that's why she stopped waking up.

Poppy wakes most night but luckly I can now get her most of the time to go back off in her bed just by sitting on her bedroom floor and ignoring her and saying bed in a from voice when she goes to sit up but with 3 I don't know what I would do nor how im gonna manage the two of them awake in the night lol

I'm with Dana on the sleep, we always have been and still are very firm when it comes to sleep. Less so in the evenings as we're lucky and if they stay up late they tend to sleep in a bit later, but apart from the odd off night generally both my kids now sttn.

Though Eddie is testing us atm, he was up for 2hours NYE, which he never does, then he's been a nightmare napping the past few days and going to bed in the evenings. Today he totally skipped his nap and we thought that'd mean he'd go to bed tonight but he was still bouncing around at 7.30 tonight, he was asleep by 7.45 though after a bit of gentle persuasion and a few tears. He will not sleep in our bed either, even when I think he might he doesn't, just thinks its funny, yet not so many months ago I had to really persuade him out of our bed, sigh! Got a horrible feeling he's dropping his naps already :/, there have been a fair few days lately where he's not napped normal time then had 15mins on someones lap when he kinda passed out later in the day, he's not even 18mths yet, sob! lol

Count your blessings. Abby's been done with naps for over a year.

I definitely don't want #2 ever. I even went to the docs to ask for the sterilisation op thing but apparently you have to be at least 30 to have it :/
How many of us are still only on #1 now? Don't most of you ladies have 2 or more now?

It's so crazy how quick our LOs have grown up and how we've all stayed in touch.

As for sttn... Ollies a crap sleeper lately. I bought him a new big boys bed and everything trying to entice him to sleep better but nope.
He prefers my bed but he sleeps so close to me that even though he's asleep I barely get any sleep.
And the past couple of weeks he goes to sleep about 9pm... and treats it as a nap! So then he's up from about 11 - 3 ish and then I have to get up at 5.
He went back to school today though and SUCCESS!
Not to jinx it but right now he's sound asleep in his own bed! Here's to hoping he stays there till morning.

I'm still on #1. I agree with not cutting the cord til later. Your 20s are so unstable, you never know what you'll want in your 30s. When I say your I mean in general, not specifically yours but yours fit too lol

I aree. Dont do anything drastic for a few years!
Saying that I'm tempted to get snipped but then I am 30 with 3 kiddos... so if the implant doesnt agree with me, then the op it is! Im terrified of permanent side effects though eeek.

I looked up getting my tubes tied. I cant commit. I'm going to try the nonhormonal IUD first. Permanent shit scares me.

Count your blessings. Abby's been done with naps for over a year.

oh so's alex, he gave them up about 2.5yrs but was eddie I was talking about, he's not even 18mths yet, hopefully it's just a phase! :(

can't imagine I'd ever want to do anything permanent but then again I'm not yet done with having kids and know it, maybe i'll feel different after 3 :shrug:.

My lungs won't be able to handle a pregnant body in a few years anyway and I want to finish uni before I settle down (another 3 years).
Plus pregnancy makes me crazy sick.
so its very very doubtful ill have any more but I suppose you should never say never.

Aleena was done napping at 18 months Caro. So it might be permanent.
We are all sick and layla is cutting 2 teeth and keeps on rocking back and forth on her knees trying to crawl.. crying ..poor baby.
Aleenas still not doing well putting on weight.
Driving me crazy :(

maybe she'll just be a small kiddo? perhaps it'll catch up later in life? I would relax, you're doing all you can, the rest is up to things beyond your control :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->