April Mummies 2011

Ollies still tiny too lilly. He's only just in 12-18 month clothes. He's still under the hospital for it too.
Just try not to worry. They'll grow when they grow :)

Happy new year, ladies! Caught up at long last! The Christmas hols were manic for us. Haven't had chance to get on here but back to normal lyesterday so have some time in the evening at least!

Rex dropped his naps at 2.5 too. He was down to only having an hour from being 2. Although from about 1.5, he was only napping at weekends & his days in the week with me. He didn't nap for the childminder from around then. Ever! Leo still only naps for 30 mins at a time mostly. Although twice in the past week, he's done more in his cot so I think being mobile might be helping with his awful daytime sleep! Although I need it cos I forgot how bloody tiring the crawling phase is :wacko:

Rex only started to reliably STTN from turning 3. And we've always been strict with bedtime & sleeping. He was just a bad sleeper :( We still have the odd night where he gets up but they're few & far between at the minute *touch wood* Just need to work on Leo now :haha:

I'm back to work in 2 weeks. Gutted! Especially I've learned I have the timetable from hell, filled with a load of crap that no one else wants. A curt email & a heated 45 min discussion with my line manager haven't chnaged anything so I'm planning on seeing how it goes & if it starts to get to me, I'll just get signed off & they can deal with that!

eugh what a welcome back for you Sarah, that really sucks! hope somehow things get changed. you'd think they'd want to ease you back In nicely to make sure you stay put!

bless Ollie Gem, he is diddy! eddie seems small for his age and he's in 9-12mth clothes, 12-18 for some tops and he's nearly 18mths now :). ITs amazing how different all kiddos are! Naima try not to worry hun, though it must be so hard, just keep offering her high calorie foods :hugs:, plus you've only just officially found out about her food difficulties, give it time.

eddie napped yesterday for an hour with fuss but napped for nursery today for 1hr and 15mins! reckon that's peer pressure lol, the whole room goes to sleep! I really don't want to say bye bye to naps just yet lol, though i'll take losing naps over him waking up at night! xx

Well it's been almost a year since I quit my job and I'm about to apply for a job! It's a federal government job. I used to work for this agency while DH was in grad school and I really enjoyed working for them. It's regular hours and if I work extra I get them back basically as vacation. Plus it's a really interesting job. It would be a lab, greenhouse and field job. Perfect combination for me. I like jobs where things change often. The only issue is based on the way the posting is written up and is only open for one week, it makes me believe they have a candidate already selected and are just going through the motions so the hiring is legal. The reason I'm going to apply anyway is because it'll get me on their radar and maybe higher on the list for future employment. They may also share my info with their university colleagues. If I'm working at the university then Isis can go to school near there and there's a great Montessori school not too far from there!

Sarah, I'm sorry they aren't making your return pleasant!

Dana, as you know we're still very much on the fence about having another. you have a lot more time to decide than I do though!

Naima, some kids are just smaller. Isis hasn't gained any weight in months!

Caroline, Isis stopped napping well over a year ago. I think she was about 2 1/2. But then she was napping at daycare every day and it was causing sleep problems at night. It was a mess! I hope he keeps napping for you for a little longer! That transition between nap and no nap is tough.

Hello ladies :) Im sorry I can't catch up with everything! Have been MIA because I've been pretty down and had some really shit times but just trying to claw myself out. 38 weeks today, loft not finished so don't want flump to arrive but at the same time I'm huge and uncomfortable!

Hope you're all well x

:hugs: Gertrude, is the loft likely to get finished before flump? hope so! not too long either way to go now, the end is tough hun xx

ooh the job sounds good Danielle, good luck! x

Loft finished next Thursday, then painting the week after, carpet fitted as soon after that. We don't need it for flump, but today was a plastering day and the mess has totally upset me but it's done :)

Been MIA since before Christmas. Everyone is gone from my house now as of last Monday the 5th.

For anyone not on FB we found out WED that we are having our first boy. :D

Also- I know this is from pg 2 already but along with Sam I had been considering getting my tubes tied. But I can't commit to the idea. DH said emphatically that he can't do any more kids. I'm honestly not ready to decide that, though most days I do agree. It's probably one bridge we will have to discuss later. DH has a point when he says he feel like he can't spread himself enough for the girls and now he will need to for the new one. He's up for the challenge but I think it makes him feel guilty like he's not giving any one child enough of his small after work hours time. I always forget that he's eager for them at the end of the day where I am eager for down time at the end of the day.

But I think I'm going to get a nonhormonal IUD after our son is born and see how we feel later. I absolutely won't have anymore kids after 31 though. Just an arbitrary age limit I set on myself.

My OH is off for the snip after this one. It's safer and more effective than me having my tubes tied. Job done :)

Youre so lucky! Dh wont get himself done so its down to me to find something that works for us. Hormonal stuff almost always messes me up because it triggers my depression and anxiety but i might try the implant and see what happens. Gotta do *something*

DH would get a snip if we knew for a fact, no questions ever, that we absolutely wanted no more children. And when that time comes he probably will get it done. Right now something less permanent is probably our goal.

I mean honestly I think I'm done. I want to be done. I can't let my ovaries explode every time I want to hold a cute little newborn again! Lol!!!

I want to give the girls the life I want for them. Having a newborn stifles that a little. Can't travel as much or as far or as exotically with a newborn or even a 1 year old. The older they are the more you can do with them and I'm ready for that! :)

I've been really researching. I'm just so scared of anything permanent. It all scares me. Anything hormonal scares me too. DH said last night f this is a boy he would get snipped lol. I have such a hard time with hormones but the copper IUD is scary because of the heavier and longer periods. Mine are already very heavy (overnight pad in 3-4 hours heavy)

you don't have to get anything permanent. Millions of people stop having babies and don't do any permanent birth control. I doubt DH and I will ever do anything permanent, probably because I'll always want to be on the pill (bad periods and I can skip a bunch with it). But I'm not sure if I'd want permanent even if I didn't want to be on the pill.

I absolutely only want two and I'm 38, so I don't want any accidents either. OH is more strongly for the snip than I am. I will prob be on the pill too for the other benefits (for me and the mini pill no periods!!) though I did also consider being sterilised but it's more complex for women and less successful.

If we do have another, 2 would be my max I think. Not saying I'm not completely satisfied with just Abby, and I'm not sure I even want more than 1.

I can't really imagine doing anything permanent, though I think once we have our 3rd that'll be our last, I'm with Ashley, I'm really to be able to do more stuff with them and it's def easier the other they get! I'm just getting horribly reminded atm how hard the 18mth to around 3yr age is at times :/. I'm on the combined pill and find it fine so that's a bonus, the mini pill stopped working for me period wise once I stopped bfing although I did like it before that but couldn't be doing with all the spotting once not feeding.

I dont particularly WANT to do anything permanent. In fact the thought scares me a bit but i might have to. Im too fat for combined pills, mini pills either trigger my depresdion and social anxiety in a BIG way, turn me into she-hulk or give me nonstop periods. I cringe at the thought of an IUD (esp as i alrwady have quite heavy flow), i refuse the injection in case i have a mini-pill reaction to it and just have to wait it out... and dh wont get himself done because in his words "its unnecessary pain/procedure when there are alternatives "... basically "why should i get done if you could get done instead"
Soooo.... last option is the implant. Im not entirely optimistic but ive got an appointment to discuss it on tuesday. Fingers crossed!

That's ok cottles, abstinence is one of those options isn't it?

He is a bellend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->