April Mummies 2011

And I'm over here hoping I go overdue! Just a couple days should do. I pretty much am going to work up until I go into labor. Gotta try to get that paid family leave

No guarantees. I just need to get enough hours to get my paid family leave :p I don't want to go any longer than that!

I figured as much :p but seriously. I have to work 1040 hours to get it! That is 6 months full time to the day. I started dec. 1 and in due June 1. Talk about close!! I probably won't make it. Oh well! Unless I canpick up a few days of OT! Which isn't likely until you are out of your first 6 months :dohh:
At least there is disability!

I'm going nuts over here guys! If anyone missed it, last Wednesday isis was diagnosed with scarlet fever. We're in the middle of doctor issues so she doesn't have a set doctor and I'm not even sure what doctor she can see because of insurance so for this I've only been using the urgent care because I know it's covered. Anyway, after a week she's still getting a fever in the afternoons and is in a lot of pain if I don't continuously alternate Tylenol and ibuprofen. I couldn't get her in for an appointment this afternoon so I went back again to the urgent care place. They told me to take Isis to the ER or at the very least get her an appointment because they think she needs some sort of blood test. This wouldn't be a problem except I'm so done with being the primary caregiver and DH is in Mexico this week. So not only do I have no help but I also don't really have someone to help me decide if I need to take her in etc. So she has an appointment for tomorrow with a new dr and I really hope they are in network...
I'm really hoping I hear back from the job I applied for. I keep thinking of all the wonderful things we can do if I have a job!
The pictures of Pearl are really gorgeous Ria! I love seeing Poppy and Pearl together. Isis keeps begging me for a baby sister :)
Sam, I hope you make it! I know what you mean! If we have a second, it's this year and I have to be in my position for a year to get leave so...
Dana, after the picture of margarita drinks at the Mexican joint by your apartment I've decided you can never leave that place! :)
Cath, I hope you go soon for your sake! :) and all of ours so we can see the pictures of your little guy!
KJ, I can't imagine life with three boys the ages you have!
Ok, I'm going to bed soon. For the past week all my sleep has been fragmented by how long the pain meds last, about 3-4 hours...

Oh cheese! I hope the dr can give you some answers! Must be so frustrating. I also really hope she is in network! Keep us updated. You just be going crazy having a sick little for so long :(

Cheese, you post things like that and I want to smash every Tories face in that is trying to dismantle our NHS. Walk in get treated. I'm eternally grateful.

Well I had loads of early labour stuff yesterday. Since 9pm last night absolutely nothing except a flair up of thrush. Joy.

Seems like that little boy likes where he's at. Little mommas boy already!!

You ignored my request for a name, was that on purpose? Hehe

and Danielle, that margarita is only fun if i have a friend or a group of friends to enjoy it with. I don't have that here.

Ugh Danielle i echo what Gertrude said. Im so grateful for the NHS... more so now than I was before having kiddos. I cant even imagine all that hassle on top of having a poorly child :hugs:

Jumping on the name bandwagon here! :haha:
So many people are having babas... i get mega broody every time i log onto Facebook

I'm so happy with the nurse we saw today! She said that everything isis is going through is probably because of the strep. The nurse we saw at the other clinic was under dosing her massively! She was taking less than half the antibiotic that this nurse gave her. I mean, no wonder she wasn't recovering completely! Strep is dangerous too! Not something that should be under medicated. So the only urgent care clinic our insurance pays for clearly can't handle a diagnosis of strep. I mean how bad do you have to be to not know the amount of antibiotic to give a child for strep?! Anyway, I tried to see if the new pediatrician is in network and I'm worried she isn't. I'm having the feeling I'm going to be paying $100 for today's appointment. I need to call the insurance company tomorrow to see for sure. Isis has a follow up next Friday so they can take a culture and make sure all the strep is gone.
Those of you in the UK are so fortunate in so many ways, from mat leave to NHS. I am definitely jealous! Id pay more in taxes to actually get health care and decent mat leave! I already pay so much for health insurance, what's the difference?!
It looks like we're going to have to hire a lawyer to handle the insurance claim for Isis's eye. With three insurance companies involved now I can't keep track of what's going on and if I get a job it's going to be a nightmare. We have to make sure she gets the money she/we need to keep her in the best care for the rest of her life if anything comes up.
I'm so excited, yesterday I went to the home improvement store and bought some sample paints for the last rooms we need to paint. I want to post pictures on FB but DH is in Mexico and I want him to see them first. I might run in again on Thursday to pick out a new color for our master bath and one for the entry/hall.

That moment when you log on to facebook and see your husband commenting at 9am, from our bed... when I've been up since 4:30 and he's been asleep since 5:30pm the night before conveniently missing bath bed and all that kids stuff.
Hes just got up all like "I FEEL GREAT!"
Yeah hubs. Thanks for that!

Eta: Why is it i let him sleep all that time but heaven forbid if i nap for more than an hour and a half he texts twice, sends the kids in AND phones to make sure im awake?! Ass-whooping in 3....2... grrrr

Cheese- so glad you finally have answers for Isis's care. Also I agree with you on the Uk girls having a great system in place for health care and mat leave. What we have is laughable compared. I think I missed the whole thing with Isis's eye needing a lawyer to settle it. Why is that? Does the insurance not want to pay?

Cottles- Don't know how you do it. Don't know what else to say. I'd be using a water gun every time he slept in, but I'm evil. :shrugs:

AFM- I'm basically over pregnancy. I was so happy to get pregnant spontaneously, but the more and more I think about it. The more I'm so overwhelmed. My plans are out the window. Yea we were going to start trying and maybe get pregnant in January or Dec begrudgingly (because of school and future work pressures).... but September was way too early. I mean it's all really a blessing because it means I can stay home with the littlest until he's ready for school but it's just not what I wanted. I wanted more time to be an adult with two kids with my husband. Not a baby incubator and then a buffet line for a newborn. And this pregnancy has me so chaotic with moods. One minute I'm fine and the next I'm an angry mess. It's bothering me so bad. I can't even stand myself most of the time. I think SAD is getting to me. January to March are the worst for me. I'm just over the weather and want to be outside again!

The babysitter is all but gone. She hasn't communicated with me since the 4th about her stupid foot surgery (which was Dec 15th) which I was assuming was outpatient but apparently she's bed ridden. I put up a new job opening on sitter city. No bites. Which has me worried for next month when Michael and I have two dates that we need a sitter for. I could really use the break and away from kids time. I might pay for Care.com again and see if there are more prospects through them.

I feel like I don't actually have anything to complain about, it's just my sorry sour mood I'm in. Most days are good. Last night was really bad, and today I feel like I have left over annoyance from yesterday.

my husbands gma is in the process of passing away, this after his uncle passed shortly before thanksgiving. he called her the other night (she lives in TX) to say good bye and it about broke my heart. The fact that he even got to say anything and she was able to hold a very short conversation with him, did me in. I was a mess. This is bringing up a lot of stuff from when my gma passed in 09 (not even considering my other gma in 11 and aunt in 12). I was there for her but she couldn't speak from all the fluid in her lungs. She cried tho when i was holding her hand. i'm trying hard to hold it together for him, but shit this hurts. i am so so so happy he got to talk to her though, and i'm glad i pushed him to doing it.

now, on to the part that makes me a horrible person. This lady needs to either get this done or hold off for like 3 weeks. i would really like to go to TX for her funeral down there instead of the one up here (they're splitting her ashes between up here and down there). nick really needs to get down there and go thru his grandparents home to see if there's anything he wants and he won't go without me (his family is nut house nutty) however, my parents are going to mexico from the 31-7 and we're watching the doggies. I suppose i can always send them to my brothers if something happens and we have to leave. I sure hope she keeps on until after the 7th. I'm shocked she's even still going considering yesterday they took her off everything she needed to live.

thanks for the ramble ladies.

So we're pretty much on the brink of splitting up. Ive fucked up everything. Why couldnt i just be the good girl who obeyed?
I know this is a completely moronic thing to say but i really need to let this out. I used to hurt myself. Make myself bleed. And i need that
Right now i cant think of anything else.id rather do but i cant get fresh marks or he'll use it against me if we split up because he'll want the kids.
He keeps going back to the fact that i am not tidy. Hes known me for 14 years. He knows im way better than i was but yes i do get distracted and leave a butter knife on the side from lunch sometimes if the kids are demanding a lot pf attention. Amd this

This is the main reason he hates me.

Im just not good enough
fpr anyone

Inwasnt good enough for my dadd to lpve me why did i expect anyone to be any different

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->