April Mummies 2011

I can't do that to any of them. He mentally isn't capable so it would be a night of everyone screaming at each other. He helps a lot when I'm home but my children would end up living on McDonald's and being yelled at. He doesn't have the coping skills. Shit, I barely make t through a night with them right now. They stand at my legs and scream at me for hours.
And that would only be if he is home. He has 3 jobs lined up where he will be out of town leaving Monday morning and coming home Friday evening. Or he would have to pass on those jobs and again, we can't afford that.

What's pertussis sam?
Can't you get help with childcare costs?

I have too much college work to do and my stupid tutor never emails back when I need help. Hate college at the minute. Arghh.

Got a good laugh from the pregnancy scare for Cheese! :D

Nothing new here. Still a grouch most of the time. At least my sex drive isn't hindered by my asshole-ness. Though I'm sure my appeal is! :haha:

On my way to take a look at the shy boy again. He wouldn't let them measure his spine and facial features before. Fricking third stubborn baby for us! The last tech said "they usually get that from their mother." No shit!

Pertussis is whooping cough. It is really rampant around here.
Can you get a different tutor Gem?
Casey, hope he lets you get what you need today :)

Sam, any family members that can help out? Is this a short time assignment? That's not a very nice thing for your boss to do to you.

Casey, love the pictures of your little man! I hope they got their measurements.

Well I've basically burned an entire week alone doing not much more than watching tv and taking care of Isis. Lol! So today and tomorrow I'm going to have work my ass off to get the house ready for DH coming home. Luckily his flight doesn't arrive until like 8:30 tomorrow night! Lol!
I wanted to tell dh about my sore breast issue but thought that might be kinda mean since he's in Mexico and we really can't talk that much. He'd sit there and stew!

It could last anywhere from 4 months to 2-3 years. :/
I've calmed down a lot today. It kept me up a lot of the night stressing (and coughing) but I just need to wait and see what my schedule is going to be. She put everyone who said they had child care concerns and put them in this unit. Seems odd. I know there are different shifts but to put all of the people with concerns where we are more likely to have issues is hard.

Nope they didn't get the measurements. Well not the spine but they did get the facial features and they super obsessed with his heart. Which always bothers me because Michael's grandfather had a heart valve defect. But Michael said once it passes two generations without showing up it's usually no longer a treat. They said they aren't going to worry about the spine because his head looks good and other angles of the spine are fine.

I decided I'm going to apply for grad school for next year. We will figure the rest out later. They do online options which I will likely take advantage of either to stay at home longer with the little boy or if we end up moving before I can finish. The online option is really what decided it for me. Gives me more options. I'm so nervous about the admissions process! So much to do!!

Hope you feel better soon sam!

Nope can't get a different tutor. I have two - ones a trainee he doesn't know the subjects too well either and the other is just a bitch who never helps properly. I only have till June / July left thank goodness!!

Absolutely full of a cold today so no doubt it's gonna affect my chest at some point. Ugh hate winter.

I'm such a negative Nancy tonight but yeah my dog probably needs a trip to the vets too since he's eaten half a plastic bowl... any tips on what to do for that? He seems ok so hoping it can wait till morning. I'll have to walk him there since he's horribly car sick!

hope you feel better soon sam and gem.

sorry I've had some serious catching up to do!

Danielle, hope the sore boobs settle.

Dana :hugs: hope your dh's gma goes peacefully.

Katherine, hows things now? it hurt to read your post-seeing you feel that way, its so not your fault hun, you are more than good enough, these issues are with him, not you. I really hope things have settled down xx

afm man I have seriously whiney kids right now, especially eddie, all he seems to do all day is cry and strop, its getting old. He's not been 100% well but seriously give me a break! oh and you probably all saw on fb but we have a niece, although they nicked our girls name, by coincidence but of all the names in the world they picked the one we liked, :dohh:

I understand Caroline! I thought it would cool to name a daughter Evelyn after both my grandmothers and call her Evie but our niece is named Genevieve and goes by Eve. It's too close in my book. I've got more family girl names so not too devastating. Plus we probably wouldn't go with something so traditional for a second after Isis :) oh and Isis has been very whiney lately but I'm chalking that up to the illness. Hopefully it ends soon because it's killing me slowly!

I hope it works out Sam! It seems odd that everyone with childcare concerns would be grouped together but maybe they have a good reason.

Gem, I hope your tutor comes through and I hope your illness goes away!

I did talk to my boss a little today. I am supposed to get my schedule for after training today. Haven't received it yet. My boss said if there are any issues with scheduling to let her know and she will forward the email to the new supervisor so hopefully it goes smoothly.

It's half past midnight and ollies still awake.... he's been to school today and hasn't had a nap and besides a lollipop (which he didn't even finish) he's had no sugar that I'm aware of.... HOW THE FUCK DO I GET MY CHILD TO SLEEP!!!
He's like this most nights and it's draining me. He normally ends up in my bed too because I get too tired to stay up so it's just easier... I don't like putting him to bed awake because he screams until he's sick.
I've bought him a new bed and everything thinking it'd make him excited about bedtime but nope!
Help haha D:

Sam- I hope scheduling gets resolved for you. I know how frustrating that must be to try and work between what you need at work and what the kids need of you at home. I'm glad the supervisor seems to be willing to discuss options. I hope that settles your anxiety. :)

Gem- Sorry about your sleep fighting Ollie. Whatever works to get some sleep I say. Emmie's is teething all four molars pretty fierce at the moment and doesn't really sleep soundly after 3am, which sucks the worst for Michael who gets up at 4am for work. She ends up in our bed every night still. We're trying to fix that for when the new baby comes but it is probably going to be an uphill battle and all I can see is that Michael ends up sleeping with the girls in their room half of the night. :(

Well, we got our schedules. All of us are 8am-7pm. Followed by an explanation of "we can try to see if something different is available but sometimes people have to resign because there isn't an available shift that works for them"
I'm sorry but you just sent 15 people to their places and only two of us had these scheduling issues. And both of us get the one that isn't going to work. Fml. My mom says she can do a day or two a week and my mother in law says sometimes. I now have to buy 4 more car seats or leave the 2 we will buy as the extra seats outside where they could get rained on. I am really upset and can't top crying.

I'm sorry Sam! I guess hope you get the job you applied for? It seems very cruel to do that to the two of you! If I wish we lived closer but that doesn't help you.

Well AF came in with a vengeance today! I still have 6 days of pills left too. At least we know I'm not pregnant lol!

Sam- I'm sorry that they did that to the two of you. I hope the other job you have works out. I completely understand why you would be so upset. I would be too. :(

Good Cheese!! Of course AF always sucks though ;)

Yea, it is really frustrating. Putting the only people who have scheduling issues in the only area it would have been a problem seems intentional to me. Then to tell us that sometimes there isn't an available shift and if we can't make it work then we have to resign. There are 3 places that she sent people to. The other two places wouldn't have had a schedule conflict. I really hope the hiring process for this other job goes fast. And I hope I get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->