April Mummies 2011

Nicks Gma passed this morning. He's not allowed at the tx funeral and the one up here isn't until the spring or fall. I'm hiding in the bedroom because I want to keep my mouth shut about how pissed I am. I feel so badly for DH. because his stupid ass family he hasn't had a way to say goodby to his uncle a few weeks ago and now his Gma. What piles of absolute shit these ppl are.

Sorry I've been MIA, for those not on my Facebook our gorgeous boy arrived last Thursday :)

Before I do my birth story I just want to say I'm sorry about Nick's GMA Dana :(

Also cottles, your oh is an emotional fuck up. I know we just get your side of any story, and I know there are always three, but even with that taken into account some of the things he has done and said are simply unforgivable in a grown up relationship and I personally don't think you'll be worse off without him.

Right, baby. So last Sunday I had loads of stretching aches then a day of nothing, then some more twinges then nothing. Then Wednesday I was getting regular but light tightenings all day but not going anywhere. Rang labour ward when they got closer together for advice, went for a bath and then they started again only so bloody painful in my back. At 1am we rang my friend to come and sit with pickle and by about 1.45am we were at the hospital. I was examined and was only 3cm. They suggested we either went home or hung around for an as they were quiet, they looked at my notes, asked how quick pickle was and suggested I stayed. I settled into labour room and bam it kicked off. But all in my back, they thought he'd turned back to back, the little sod!

Time went past, I needed to kneel down, time slowed down, really painful but seemingly no progress but the mW got her notes together and paperwork which in hindsight meant I was progressing but I didn't feel like it was. Then all of a sudden he moved from being back to back and things got better.

I used the gas and air and I was brilliant! I had a couple of I can't do this moments but the mws were just brilliant.

Then I needed to lie down, when they examined me again and agreed to break my waters as it felt like I was pushing for no reason. They did and it was such a relief. Then it all went a bit crazy and suddenly I needed to push. But Christ I felt I couldn't. He was just too big. But as always the body took over and a push the size of a planet hit.

He came out. 9lb 7oz, 37.5cm head circumference and with his hand up by his shoulder.

A couple of second degree tears, horrid piles, and more swelling than I know what to do with later and we were home after 7 hrs post delivery :)

Aww! Congrats! He is gorgeous too!!

Dana I'm sorry about Nicks gma. That is horrible!! You're right to be pissed. I can't believe someone would not be allowed at a funeral! Wtf! It isn't about who the people want there, it is about the people that love a person! I'm disgusted.

I spent all weekend asking people if they could watch my girls 4 days a week and pick them up from Fortuna at 5:30/6 and keep them until 7:30/7:40 and only people who are a yes are my mom for two days a week (who lives an hour away) and Ryan's mom who also watches his nephew. So now I need a set of car seats for each of them, but mostly my mom because she isn't really capable to handle the stress of trying to install the seats :dohh: and Ryan doesn't want my mom watching them but apparently it is too fucking bad because it is coming down to that or quitting my job. I still can't believe my boss did that to us. I'm living and want nothing to do with her

Nicks Gma passed this morning. He's not allowed at the tx funeral and the one up here isn't until the spring or fall. I'm hiding in the bedroom because I want to keep my mouth shut about how pissed I am. I feel so badly for DH. because his stupid ass family he hasn't had a way to say goodby to his uncle a few weeks ago and now his Gma. What piles of absolute shit these ppl are.

Can I ask why he's not allowed to go? That seems just beyond cruel! I would be pissed too. I was pissed off when no one told Michael when his great aunt's funeral was in December of 2010. It was really awful to me that they wouldn't even let him say goodbye. They say weddings and funerals bring the crazy out of families.

So i've had a pretty rough 48 hours. No really pertaining to my immediate life, but my parents' life is falling apart. They have been having issues on and off for a while. Now I believe they are headed for divorce. I'm not going to go into their details, but I'm pretty upset/angry. Not because they don't deserve to be happy if it's not with each other....

But because they couldn't fix whatever it was for Josie. Josie adores them both and while I'm sure my mother will always be in her life, I am almost certain if divorce is what occurs (I have it at a 85% chance at this point) my step dad will just fade away. I'll have to deal with my mother dating again (she isn't happy single) and I'll have to figure out how to deal with all of this for Josie. I know kids are resilient but reading information online made it out that it isn't really an easy transition. Especially since they are so close. Im just so mad that I can't shield her from everything, everyone's life and mistakes are going to make little ripples great or small all the time. It drives me mad. Why couldn't *they* think of Josie's love for them both and try to work it out? Why did they have to make it worse and worse and worse!

I'm just really angry right now. Not because of me. If it was just me and Michael to worry about I would say it was the best given the circumstances.... but because of Josie's emotions. Her sensitivity, how much I know she loves both my mother and step father and vis versa..... ugh it just drives me crazy. Don't effing HURT my child!!

Also- specifically Dana. No mentions please to anyone else.

Gertrude- mega congrats on your little man!!!!! I can't wait to see some pics!!! Healthy recovery from your tears.

Of course not, what's said here has always stayed here. I'm sorry she's going through this. It's possible she'll adjust better than you think. I had an uncle I was really close to but when he and my aunt divorced after a little bit I got over it. Same happened when my uncle and his wife divorced tho I was older and could understand a little better.

It's not that he wasn't allowed, it's that he was told not to which I guess is the same thing in my mind. As of a few days before his mom said they would find a way to get us all down there, then after it happened she said he shouldn't come and they would have another one up here "in the spring or fall sometime". Nicks heartbroken. He took today and yesterday off and seems to be better now. His family idles at dis functional so no big surprise but still hurt.

Ugh. Im sorry Dana, that must be so hard for you guys. To not be able to say goodbye must be awful.

I'll catch up properly in a bit but I just wanted to say thanks for sticking up for me/staying by me. Things between me and dh are... I dunno. We are trying to sort things out. My AF was due 8 days ago and is only just showing signs of coming on so I've been distracted. This has been one of the most emotionally exhausting weeks of recent times and i am in part blocking it out because i just cant deal with the dh issues, depression issues, pregnancy scare and looking after the kids on my own all day again all at once. Things need to settle before i can think rationally again.

And im aorry i vented it all on you guys. Everyone else is either too close to the situation or doesnt want to help. So sorry and thank you xxx

Cottles, this us a safe venting place for us :) it is still an open board so if any of us need some more privacy there us fb chat too. We've seen each other through some difficult times now, we are not about to stop xx

Gertrude- sorry I had seen your new little man on fb. But I didn't know your fb and your Bnb together. :rofl:

Dana sorry for your loss and even more sorry you guys can't go. That's pretty damn shit.

My lungs are so shit this week. Went to the doctors last night and she said "your right lung is very wheezy. But I don't believe in antibiotics so go take your inhaler and see another doctor if it gets worse." Like wtf seriously! Antibiotics are what keep me alive aha... I already take them every day to prevent infection (not that it works) and get given them when ever I'm like this normally.
And today the weather is terrible. Gale winds and rain. So no chance of me going outside to see another doctor. Ugh.

I think thats part of the problem gem. Doctors are more reluctant to give antibiotics because people take them so often for everything that infections are becoming more resilient and antibiotics are becoming less effective. Doctors are now paranoid about superbugs and all that stuff.

I had a chest infection and a sinus infection following a cold. This was at the start of november. My doc pretended he couldnt hear noise on my lungs even though it was super loud. I've been fighting it off since then and still have bad days with it but its better than it was.

Feel better ladies! I've had a horrid sinus cold and cough. No results yet on whooping cough test but I'm guessing that means I'm clear.
Getting ready to take the written exam for a different position. Wish me luck. I need a new schedule!

Well the Dr should have given me antibiotics since I ended up in hospital! I have pleurisy and while it was only in 1 lung at the start of the week it spread to both so now I'm really ill.

Bronchiectasis requires antibiotics in order to live a longer and better quality of life. All doctors should know that!

Bless u Gem. Hope you have a speedy recovery now your getting the treatment u need x

Feel better soon gem.

good luck sam.

sorry for your hubby's loss dana, really sad he can't go to the funeral.

Congratulations again Gertrude, totally love his name hehe, good choice :) xx

Things have been pretty good here. Isis was cleared by drs so she has recovered from strep. I just booked tickets to visit FIL and his gf in Florida next month. He offered to pay for our tickets so... :) he paid for SIL and kids to go last year so it's our turn!
We're supposed to get around 10" of snow Sunday so everyone here is super excited! It's supposed to be a wet snow too so we might actually be able to make a snowman for the first time this winter!

Gem, your lung issues are scary! I hope you get treated properly! They didn't give isis the right antibiotic dose for her strep. I'm so glad we got a second opinion on her. I hope you feel better soon!

Dana, like I've said, nicks family is shitty and I hope he can find some peace in his situation.

Gertrude, he's such a sweet little guy! Thank you for all the pictures! And he has a wonderful name! Thanks for the birth story! I love hearing them :)

Sam, I hope you get the new job! I wouldn't be happy with that boss either.

Gem i hope youre feeling a bit better? I in no way meant that you shouldn't have antibiotics. You're one of tthe few who need them often! Just saying why the doc mightve been rrluctant. Theyve been instructed to give out less... it night be that the person you saw first didnt know yiur situation. Either way i hope you're on the mend xx

We have a full on threenager this week. Weve got this ball pit and when It comes to tidying up all the balls, he'll huff and puff and say IIII CAAANT while picking up one single ball reeeally slowly and half throwing it in the direction of the pool to demonstrate his inability to perform simple tasks. He wore socks in bed last night with his pjs and when i asked him to strip off to get ready to go to my mums, he sat down, whined for 5 minutes while i watched him slide his foot out of his sock AND THEN PUT IT BACK ON to tell me he couldnt do it.
Every little thing is a massive chore/effort for him and itS all an act of defiance, constantly. Its doing my head in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->