April Mummies 2011

Scuse typos. Im Not sleeping well so my eyesand hands arent entirely working at the same pace and things looka bit hazy muhhh

Sorry about the health issues Gem. Sinus and lung issues can be really hard to deal with. I always feel awful with anything effecting my lungs.

Glad to hear Isis got the clear Cheese. :) that's such good news.

Nothing new here. Been snowed in for a week so Josie and I have been having cabin fever. We are going to a science festival (or something like that) at the shipyard today. They have a planetarium presentation for little kids and I think Josie will really like that. They also are doing science crafts. It'll be fun.

Tomorrow she's suppose to go to a birthday party but I've tried twice to RSVP with the email (all they put) and have gotten no response and I wanted to know if it was siblings friendly. We will probably go regardless because Josies been excited since she got the invite. She wouldn't understand "well the email doesn't work well". If we need to we will just stop by and leave if they didn't expect us or anything. Also- I'm hoping for cake! And we have a super bowl party in the evening that Josie will enjoy (lots of kids) and plus maybe cake again! :rofl:

My parents I think are trying to work it out so I'm hoping I never have to discuss anything with Josie. Still too early to really tell. She skyped with my mom earlier this week and I think next week I'll see if she can with her Popop. It really cheered my mom up to skype with Josie.

These are actually some of the reasons we like living far from family. If Josie was going to take it well it would be because it's a long distance relationship. But then crap like "whose going to watch the kids when I give birth" come up. Michael's parents are a no go. They are simply too disconnected. His mom gets distracted too easily and involves her self in stupid crap and his father simply doesn't exist in reality. My mom is an option but she wouldn't get here in time if she wanted. Our best bet is the babysitter watches the girls while my mom is on her way and we ask a coworker friend or neighbor to pick her up. The babysitter drives like a maniac so I would never be okay with her driving with my girls.

Or I make some friends within the next 6 months with the motive of asking them in June while also vetting out any issues they might have. Lol! Michael has a coworker I have good vibes from but we barely hang out. Should try to plan a play date sometime and see if it works out. God making friends sucks! It's like dating!

totally agree on the making friends thing being hard Ashley! then friends you think are life long seem to dump you for no reason :(...that's my experience this weekend anyway :(, was supposed to be visiting a old uni friend but text her a few weeks ago to check we were still on and she sadly told me her DH had been made redundant, so obviously I was gutted for her. Then she said therefore they'd not managed to redecorate their spare room like they planned...like I'd care whether a room is decorated or not! anyway the way she phrased it implied she wasn't up for visitors so I asked outright whether that meant this weekend was off and she never replied. Now this not replying/ cancelled plans last minute is nothing new, it always seems to happen, therefore this time to save myself I decided I'd not chase her and I've heard zilch. I think now I'm going to not contact her unless she contacts me, which is so sad as she was one of my best friends but friendship has to come from both directions :(.

otherwise we have a very grumpy eddie yet again, he's so grizzly its driving me nuts! he was up the majority of last night so crashed at 10.30 this morning, we woke him up after 2.5hours and he has so far gone to bed nicely tonight. I'm pretty sure teeth are to blame but having my facial features pointed out in the middle of the night whilst I'm trying to sleep although cute isn't my favourite pastime :haha:.

Alex is mostly good, pushing boundaries too, especially bedtime, but otherwise he just wants to help with everything. We redecorated the playroom over the past couple weeks and he's loved helping with that and actually condsidering he's only 3 does not do a bad job with a roller!

florida sounds amazing Danielle!

hope you get a bit of sleep Katherine, xx

Ive found its happenes a lot since having kiddos... friends just arent bothered any more. My best pals who i used to spend 4-5 nights a week with at gigs and such jist never talk to me now. The only people from bavk then who im in contact with are the ones who have also had children. So ive decided i only want parent friends hah. They dont get the hump when your kiddo is sick and you have to cancel... and they can't use "the house is a mess" as a convenient get out clause because we wouldnt expect it any other way with kids playing!

The boys were AMAZING last night. Bed at 7pm, came in to us from about 5:30 this morning but took themselves downstairs... toby entertained them with youtube videos on the chromecast and when they finished their cereal, toby got apples out of the fridge for everyone. I was woken up at 8:30 by dylan saying "cold" and giving me his hoodie to put on him because the heating had gone off... went downstairs expecting a huge mess but there were just a couple of toys out and they were all sat on the sofa together happily munching apples :D
Proud of my lads this morning so we're off to softplay in a bit!

I have one friend whose child less. She's my best friend and I swear hanging out with her was the best thing ever. She loves the kids. She isn't hindered by her own. She's not "socially active", just another nerd awkward girl like me. So we spent a lot of good nights watching shows and just chilling and talking. I miss her like crazy!!!!! She is my friend soul mate. I think that's why it's so hard for me. I compare everyone to the wonderfulness of being with her.

Going to the birthday later. Josie's going to love it! It's at a dance studio and they are going to do dancing which Josie has been begging me to get her into, but there aren't any in our area that don't conflict with either her school or piano. Maybe this studio has times that are tues or thurs. The mother owns the studio so I'm sure in a way it's advertisment.

Super excited for adult time at the super bowl party later!! It's at another captain on Base's house- he has 14 kids and some that are Josies age so I am confident the kids will be entertained and I can get my awkward adult on. It's not a formal event so I'll feel less out of place. Just wish I could drink!
Hope everyone's Sunday is good. We have the fourth winter storm in a row coming Monday- another 8-12 inches on top of the 18 already down. So ready for the thaw. Glad we got so much snow though. It's nice to live somewhere with actual seasons. I get to anticipate each one!

Enjoy tonight Ashley, very jealous of your seasons, ours are generally always a bit grey and rainy more often than not, it's just a bit colderIin winter.

Yay for the boys behaving Katherine!

We've had a lovely chilled day at home today, just cooking a roast.

The sad thing about my friend is she's got a little boy now too but he's only 8 mths so I guess she's probably still got lots of visitors etc and maternity leave social life. She's not contacted me at all wondering why I didn't visit :-(

I guess parenthood just means losing friends aha.
I had looooads of friends before I had ollie. Then I got pregnant and less wanted to know me. Then some realised how sick I was while pregnant and my friends number went down to like 3...
Then I had ollie and they all came crawling back to see him and soon fucked me off again when they realised he came first aha!

My best friend (and only "proper" friend) I've known since we were like 4. But even she isn't always there for me and ignores me on a regular basis.
So I hang out with my mum most of the time.
I have college friends and lots of cousins but I don't go out of my way to see them much really.
I've learnt to like my own company anyway.
Nothing better than a nice peaceful shower followed by pj's on watching a series on TV with a nice hot cup of tea! Or a good book instead of tv.

I'm still really ill and due to go back to college tomorrow. Don't know how that's going to work since I can't handle stairs atm and all I've been doing is sleeping. Should be fun.

WOOHOO! My app better update so i can watch it tonight. I need something better than Helix to watch. That show is AWFUL.

Feeling mean today. Toby asked to play with his new PS3 game so dh set it up for him. Over an hour later dh STILL hasnt handed over the controls and he starts moaning if one of us walks in front of the telly. Soooooo, ive set up a table full of play-doh RIGHT in front of the tv, let the kids go nuts and wandered off to "do housework"
Evil? Nahhhh! :haha:

Edit: well THAT backfired

I hate when I get awesome plans like that and they backfire. Which is every time. Dammit!

Always. He just threw a strop that the kids threw the playdoh on the floor while he wasnt paying attention. Doh.

So last week a kiddo at nursery went off with chickenpox. This week Toby has been a niggly sod and the twins have sniffles. Not sure if its coincidence but im REALLY hoping its pox. Is that bad? Haha... I just want it over with!

Nah, we just let the kiddos get infected because its more of a serious illness if caught in late teens or adulthood. The children get a natural immunity after having it once so it prevents too many adult cases. We can still get shingles though.

That's the way it used to be over here, but now with the vaccine if children get it it's a much milder case

I sooo want eddie to catch it too Katherine! alex had had it by now and got a really low dose, the younger the are generally the easier they seem to get away with it. hope they have it to get it over with xx

Looks like the yicky symptoms they have are just a cold because ive woken up this morning feeling like ive swallowed razorblades. Ughhh. So much to do today when all i want is to curl up in bed and catch up on all the sleep i didnt have from about 3 oclock this morning. Pf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->