April Mummies 2011

its still an hour on the train for me to London bridge, DH does it daily though lol so I guess not that far but I'm really not a londener...everything Katherine has just described sounds alien to me haha! and we still haven't arranged that meet up! terrible lol! x

That's ok wouldn't have been Able to go due to being heavily pregnant. I'm just over an hour to London.
I love london and miss it. Back in the day used to spend most weekends up there seeing one band or another. Not been in so long

I never lived in "proper" London. Always hovered around the south eastbut travelled into central 3-5 days a week. Victoria is now about an hour and a half by train since moving to the coast but it costs 30 odd quid. The convenience of public transport is one of the things i miss the most. Ive gone from being able to get anywhere at 3am witgout waiting more than 20 minutes for a bus to waiting up to an hour for a bus that takes 3 hours to go somewhere a 20 minute drive away. Living in the bloody sticks man!

So anyway its half past midnight and ive just woken up. Tobys snuck downstairs and is watching tv. I cant be arsed to get him back to bed (though i will have to in a sec)... im just so fed up of him doing this.

Black bogies xD
My friend blew her nose in her hotel room and was like OMG MY SNOT IS BLACK.
Crazy!

I much prefer my liverpool though haha London is too hectic for me.
Although after summer I could be in Manchester more often than not! Travelling there and back each day is gonna be a pain in the ass if I decide to go there... decisions!

I want to go to London so bad. I'd love to live in Scotland for a while. Could be a possibility with Michael in the military but a slim one. :/ More likely Spain. But I still want to go to London!! I'm hoping in the next two years once all babies are out of being babies we can start planning trips like that. We shall see. Life always seems to get in the way sometimes. Lol

Spain to London isn't to far! So if u ended up in Spain you could get to London

Im beginning to remember why i mentally blocked all memory of the terrible twos with toby. Eddie just wont quit. And its not just tantrums either its the NEVER ENDING whine that gets me.... its like chinese torture. It starts off kind of easy to deal with... but after a few hours you're begging for someone to shove knitting needles in your ears. MAKE IT STOP ARGGHHH.

i'm completely blaming this on bad parenting.

my brother in law's son who is 12/13 got a 16 yr old girl pregnant. apparently today while the police were talking to my bil about the assault charges for the fight he got into today, they were talking about the statutory rape charges that are possible. side note, how the 12/13 yr old gets the rape charges instead of the 16 yr old, i have no idea. anyway. this kid has always been a terror and his dad is a sometimes dad (full placement of the 2 boys, the mother is an extra winner who barely sees them) who says he couldn't punish his kids because of CPS and basically let them do whatever the hell they want to. the kids run around this city like crazy people, and my bil seems to care very little. my in laws have always given him excuses because he's a single dad blah blah blah bullshit. in fact, this kid posted a pic of him grinding the floor a few months back. his mom just asked what he was doing and his dad did nothing.
now that he's looking at all this, i feel people will be giving him even more excuses and pity. nope. not from me. perhaps if he was a full time parent instead of a sometimes give a crap one your 12 yr old wouldn't be a dad.

i will 90% of the time blame bad parenting for crap like this happening. the only people i feel for are these kids and this baby, for having bad parents and obviously bad grandparents.

and these people want to give us advice on how to raise our children? no thanks.

Im beginning to remember why i mentally blocked all memory of the terrible twos with toby. Eddie just wont quit. And its not just tantrums either its the NEVER ENDING whine that gets me.... its like chinese torture. It starts off kind of easy to deal with... but after a few hours you're begging for someone to shove knitting needles in your ears. MAKE IT STOP ARGGHHH.

abby still does that whine. I want to stab my ears with spoons some days.

I hate being pregnant. I hate the hormones and the stress. I hate that my mom and husband hate each other and I'm never going to get a night away from my kids again.

I bet it's hard, you have lots of obstacles and apparently very fertile, lol.

however, i don't remember the last time i had a night away from my kid. i didn't realize that was a thing?

Wait Dana. How does the 12/13 year old get the statutory rape charges?! At any rate, it probably is the bad parenting! Ugh! I just feel for all the young people involved in that situation!

It cracks me up to hear you guys talk about an hour away and you don't go there often! Our closest "real" airport is an hour and a half away. That's where we're flying out of tomorrow. My FIL lives 90 minutes away and we see them about once a month. The scale of European countries amaze me!

Caroline, my SIL was such a heavy sleeper as a child that my mil and FIL had to 'wake' her when they went to bed to go to the potty or she would wet the bed. She would go in basically a twilight and go right back to sleep. Eventually her bladder got big enough that they didn't have to do that anymore.

Katherine, I wish for your sake those boys would synch their schedules for you!

I usually get one night off a month. It keeps me sane. Idk. I like it.
I also don't undestand how the 12 yr old would get the charges...

holy cow how does a lad of 12 even begin getting alone time with girls?! At that age theyre surely only just getting their socks crusty?!

Dh and I get a night off once every 3ish months. It takes a lot of forward planning and synching schedules as we need 2 or more family members to help.
We actually have our next day/night off on saturday. DHs aunt is having Toby all day and overnight, my mum is having the twins for the morning and lunch then MIL is having them from the afternoon and overnight. We'll all be back together sunday Morning.
With our free saturday we're going to Ikea. So romantic :haha:

I hate being pregnant. I hate the hormones and the stress. I hate that my mom and husband hate each other and I'm never going to get a night away from my kids again.

I'm starting to hate it too. The hormones bother me. I think mixed in with the winter blues (or maybe SAD) it is getting pretty terrible. I can't wait to stick my hands in dirt and start gardening out side in the sun and mud (because mud season will be here). I don't even care as long as the sun is on me.
I also hate that we live so far away from anything. I hate that Michael is all I have. I loved living with such an extended support network last year and 2013. People I could hang out with. I felt like I had a life outside of my children. Now all I have are my kids and Michael.
There is this "momapalooza" in Portland in April with lots of stress relieving things to do catered to moms, but I don't want to go because I have no one to go with. I would drag Michael along but I feel like that's defeating the purpose. :shrug:
I shouldn't be writing a post when I'm already feeling like crap. I hate sounding like this.
I joined a different forum for Maine Moms. I'm hoping maybe I can meet someone there. Someone just as prickly and awkward and annoying and offensive.

Yea, I feel like I don't have many people here either. My friends all don't want to hang out because my kids get colds often so they can be around my friends kids. And then with my work schedule it has also been hard to do things since the house is competely neglected on work nights.

neat, i didn't realize that was a thing. I don't ever remember spending the night away from my parents besides sleepovers when i got older, and i don't remember any of my friends doing it either when i was younger. different family environment and dynamics i guess. we don't have the support here to "get a night away", not that I would even if there were. i've spent the night with friends, but she was home with DH then and vise versa, never away from one of us. maybe when we move closer to my family but that would be only to spend the night with her cousin and have a little girls sleepover and that's not even a for sure.

I rarely spend a night away from kids. Maybe once or twice , in the past 6 years. I don't mind though. We are considering a third!!! Eek! So not ready yet, though, would rather give my body a longer break after the shit we have been through. My hairs only starting to slow down fro hair loss a year ago :(

Ikea do amazing waterproof sheets for single beds to prevent accidents. They are a plastic type material on one side, and cotton on the other. I double up. So I have a waterproof then bed sheet, then waterproof on top then bed sheet. Spoof Jake has an accident at night, I strip it off and a fresh set Is on there already.5
As they are in bunk beds, it makes it a lot quicker, and quieter at night , to change.

Find out Amelia's school place by April. I'm excited!

Shit, sorry for typos. Had a few glasses of wine tonight, and not quite used to it!!!

I swear to fucking god if this child doesn't stop whining..

Its 3:53am. He started crying and whining in my ear at 1:20. I'm about ready to fucking scream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->