• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April Mummies 2011

Poppy got our first choice for school. So so pleased.

Good luck everyone else for today xx

Talk about a stressful day here! Took until gone 5 for my email to come through, but he got where we wanted, so pleased! Been a very emotional day though, coupled with some seriously bad behaviour. I need wine!!

Excellent that he got his first choice!
i hear ya on the bad behavior. The past 2 days have been awful. Im to blame as Im in a low spot and the boys are picking up on it

Yey for first choices.
Poppy's behaviours not been too bad but he sleeping is awful!!
Hugs cottles if u need to chat u know where I am xx

jfc it's taken me a week to recover from last weekend. does this mean i'm getting old? :rofl:

behaviour wise are we going through a rough patch again? seems a few of us are struggling atm? Katherine I reckon I was partly to blame on thurs too as I worked myself properly up over the school places and they totally picked up on it. However they were awful this morning too and keep getting up far to damn early which sets me off in a bad mood. I really lost it with everyone this morning too :/, oops! my DH annoys me sometimes though as I really let him have it this morning and he basically ignores me grrrrr, sometimes you either need a good argument or someone to say it is crap atm!!

anyway thankfully we had a friends kids party to go to which nicely snapped me out of my mood.

Lol BNB is telling me I haven't posted in weeks. Oops. Sorry online!
I've been off work for a couple weeks now and I'm so amazed at how well the girls play together. Ruby is really starting to talk because she can finally hear. I e taken her to the chiropractor twice now and it has made a huge difference!
I can't believe all the kids are 4 (or almost). So crazy!

Caro- You said you were going through a rough patch again with kids. I am having the same with Josie. It happens more then once a year, but I've noticed that at least last year she went through a horrible time. It could have been more than just her birthday since it was also combined with Michael's submarine leave. However this year is the same. It's better than it was last week, but it seems her defiance goes up and then back down.

It's a different defiance than last year. Last year it was crying over everything and tantrums. This year it is blatently not listening after being asked several times, and almost slyly (or with a smile) continuing to do said thing. INFURIATING! Like I said though it's gotten better-ish now. I think it's just boundaries. How far can I push this day, and then she goes back.

Josie really wants a fish. She's earned $3.81 so far, and needs to get to $20. I can't decide yet whether I will make her make it to 20 (which definitely isn't the total cost) or if I will cave and get her one sooner. LOL

Oh and a couple of funny things that I haven't been able to put on FB at all about Josie.

Her 4th birthday was amazing, however I think she got over stimulated. At first she was having a blast and then when she came back from the gym running around part she looked definitely worn out. She was kind of meek too. But she loved the singing and the cake. She barely ate much else.

So towards the end of her birthday- I smelled poop, and I thought hmm someone's younger child probably needs a change, or maybe mine. But then all the kids cleared out and I was like "hmm, I should really just check Josie." And low and behold she had pooped herself.

Michael changed her and she continued to insist she hadn't pooped and when Michael showed her she simply said "Oh well I guess my butt couldn't wait anymore." Poor thing. She was so excited and overstimulated she couldn't feel a poop happening.

Yesterday, also funny, at the restaurant she was eating a hot dog and she got to the end and poked it and said "this part looks penisy". I laughed so hard!!! I didn't want to post anything about it though because I didn't want people to get the wrong ideas.

Also- the days of Michael taking Josie potty are over. She said she doesn't want to use the boys room anymore, because she's embarrassed and only wants me to take her to the girls room. Though I made this conclusion myself at the same time as she did. I want to start teaching her to go on her own, which will take a while but gotta get the ball rolling.

Rosie has been blatantly not listening too. Drives me bonkers. She was eating a hot dog a couple days ago and ate all the skin off then proceeded to suck on it. It was terrible for me. She didn't know.

I've been sending Rosie to the bathroom by herself for a while now. I tell her I will wait outside. She does surprisingly well. Ryan has never taken her into a men's room though. He is awkward about sex and his body and won't let the girls see him naked ever. Although Ruby did make it into the shower with us last week. It was funny because he was so self conscious and freaking out about it but she never even looked away from his face.

Must be this age. Tobys lying, ignoring and smirking make me so mad! Dylan copies too which makes me outnumbered and they get out of control.

I had a breakdown last night. Or a panic attack or anxiety or something. DH came home to find me outside the boys bedroom. I couldnt breathe i couldnt think straight i was shaking uncontrollably.... he sent me to bed and i couldnt stop sobbing. Im missing my cousins babys christening today because of it and i feel so guilty.

Well done on first choices everyone! Ollie got in his first choice too!

I hear you all on misbehaving kids... Ollies temper is terrible lately and his back chatting... grrr. He also makes a weird grunt noise at me whenever I tell him off now or tells me to shh. So annoying.

I passed my driving test yesterday!! Third time lucky :D now I just need insurance but for my mums car it's coming up around 5k so might have to wait till September to get my student loan then get a small car.

Nans funeral tomorrow. She's been dead 16 days tomorrow... its taken ages for her to be laid to rest :/ I went to see her. She looked so tiny.

Not listening i feel like a broken record! She so defiant at the mo. Must be the age also constantly asking why its great she's so inquisitive but it's so tiring

oh yes, the questions are quite taxing on my brain too lol, that and asking the same thing where he doesn't listen to the answer the first time!

Oh god the questions! He has his moments though. He was playing zombie apocalypse earlier (yep)... i had to explain where zombies came from. I got in about 3 shaun of the dead quotes :haha:

He also ssurprised me with his niceness earlier. Hes always had trouble sleeping through so ive done him a sticker chart. At the mo 4 stickers a week gets him a treat. I asked him if he gets his 4th sticker tonight what should his treat be. His answer? "A snail watering can each for my brothers"

Oh! Has anyone got The Book With No Pictures? Well recommended. Has Toby in fits of giggles :D

The day the crayons quit is another great one. Abby reads it at least once a day.

I'll have to look into these books!

V cute of Toby 😃 were at stalemate with Poppy's sleeping she's awful. I'm gonna wait till after her bday and we're back from butlins then I think I will move Pearl into her own room and tackle poppy to

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->