April Mummies 2011

I always swore I'd never do a sicker chart with Toby but it seems to be working at the mo, much better than anything else.
We're on week 2 of the chart and already 4 nights sleeping through. Not sure whether to increase it to 5 yet- seems a bit soon. I'm also not sure how we'll phase it out when the time comes.

he'll probably get bored of it Katherine and you'll not need to phase it out as such, hope it does the trick!

I've had the best day in ages today, both boys on the whole have been really lovely, particularly alex. He even high fived eddie in the bath because they'd both been such good boys today. I made a point of telling him how I'd really enjoyed his company today and was really proud of him. Here's hoping we get more of them! Only downside was he came into our bed at 5.30 then proceeded to snore lol, but if that puts him in such a good mood for the day I think I'm up for a early morning snuggle every now and then lol

Thats awesome! I actually cuddled toby to sleep tonight and realised how much I miss it.
It helped calm me down too because he was being a horrible sod over dinner. I left the room to change the laundry over, came back to find he'd thrown ALL his dinner across the room one piece at a time. After I made him pick it up he got under the table, talked dylan into going under (so he could pass on the blame) then kicked the underside of the table til the plate and food fell off ans the table toppled (small ikea kids one- not dangerous). So I made him pick it all up again and take it to the kitchen which resulted in a smashed plate, food everywhere and he just laughed. Sent him to bed at 6pm. I'll regret that in the morning. :dohh:

I am at such a loss with Josie. Some moments I just don't even want to be near her. Simple requests are just outright not listened to. Michael and I are trying to talk and she is constantly trying to talk over us, for example. We talk to her allllllllll dayyyyyyyyy lonnnng! We need to discuss and interact together too. It's hard for her because 4 yrs is such a selfish age. I'm glad she's learning to be helpful around the house though and be more autonomous.

It's like if she doesn't like it- she just isn't going to listen. I get why, will. She wants what her will dictates. It goes with being more autonomous. Some days I try to really engage her in conversation about why we listen and how things go. I cant, simply can't do it every.single.time! And it doesn't always work. Of course.

The only thing that works is reward really. She cleans for savings for a fish. She will do things to make up for mistakes. Right now she's "cleaning her room" to make it up to us and get back the privilege of going to the Boston aquarium. Which she has been talking about for days and today decided to be defiant and lost the privilege. Which I'm actually really mad about because it was going to be a great time. But she's making up for her behavior so hopefully we can still go. I believe in forgiveness and make ups. She should always feel she can atone for her mistakes.

But yes- she is being frustrating. But I think it's the age. New ability for independence comes with parenting challenges.

its def their age. I guess just another stage we'll all come through to the other side eventually. Doesn't help in the moment though!

xx

We had a lovely day out came home and poppy threw her shoe at me as I told her that she couldn't play dressing up due to it being nighttime.
She is truly pushing every button atm I'm sure it's due to beingg out of sorts with routine. Thankfully she's back at nursery this week and ballet is back etc so hopefully she will feel more settled by next week!
It's defiantly her age. She is going through the defiant I'm boss and I'll do what I like phase with completely ignoring any instruction, advice stage thrown in on top for good measure.

I remember this when she was 3 and now we're going through it again at almost 4 but for now guessing that we have to ride the wave but it helps knowing I can come on here have a little rant and have u ladies by my side 😀

Ughhhh. My great aunt just died. she was the last of that generation of my family. I'm in bits. My mum didnt even bother to tell me and im so angry at her... shr told my stepdad who mentioned it to DH who just told me as if it/she was something as unimportant as wiping his nose.
only a few years ago there were 5 living generations of my family. Now there are only 3. :cry:

my mum knows DH has the bedside manner of an ape. Why didnt she tell me herself?! Its bad enough that I cant go to her funeral (shes irish and i dont have a passport) i feel crap.

so sorry Katherine, that's also a horrible way to find out :( x

Sorry for your loss Katherine .
Hugs!

aleena is a very spirited therefor very strong willed person. So we are used to things being her way or the highway.
you just have to pick your battles and not make it a power struggle.. What's the point?
I always think to myself is her choice/decision going to hurt her? Is it dangerous? Etc. If the answer is no , then I just let her figure it out on her own.. This way she learns to make choices and sees the immediate consequences of her choices.
for example if she wants to go outside but it's raining , I open the door and say go ahead.
if I would have said no, she'd be crying on the floor having a tantrum and I'd be annoyed and it'd just be a power struggle.
Now by actually opening the door , she starts thinking to herself "oh but I don't want to get wet" , and then chosen to stay inside.
this way she learns by thinking for herself.

layla will be 1 in about 6 weeks.
How is this possible??
I can't believe this year has gone so quick

Sorry to hear cottles.

Lilley, I think if I did that ollie would be straight out haha he loves getting wet ��

Had a check up at the hospital with him on Wednesday. He's not being discharged for at least another year so they can monitor his growth and if he's still small next year they're going to start doing tests to determine whether or not he has something wrong with his hormones.... great.
I'm small. His dad was small. Obviously not going to have a giant kid!!!

Not bad to keep an eye on him, though seems like f they have those concerns they would just check his hormones now.
Ruby is tiny but still on the growth charts and it isn't changing so I think for now they are content.
Sorry for your loss Cottles.
I often let Rosie figure consequences out on her own also. But I also end up with a kid covered head to toe in mud and I do have to deal with the tantrum more often now since I'm not always capable of doing bath time or other things that the girls want to do.

Less than 6 weeks to go! I still have so much to do to get ready for this baby. It will happen though. My mom is going to start taking the girls at least one night a week and coming to help me around the house one day. It will be a huge help. I can't get much done with both girls home. Aside from taking care of them.

I pick my battles with poppy but it doesn't always work out often depends on how tired she is or if she's not stimulated enough she's so ready for school now and so excited about going to

Something to do with before the age of 4 thier growth depends mainly on nutrition and after that age it's more based on hormones. Idk. Just a pain in the ass really he'll grow when he grows.

Which is weird because my kids eat similar and are very different in size.

I would say 31in 20.3lb Ruby should also be 10-15 ft tall lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->