• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April Mummies 2011

DH went away for 5 days last week. His words to my mum when she asked if I'd be ok? "Oh yeah she'll be fine she does everything anyway even when im there"

2 days of being back from his trip and all im hearing is "moan moan you never do anything ra ra ra"

If my eyes rolled any harder they'd be lost inside my skull.

Oh man! I'm sorry! So frustrating!

I've been having Braxton hicks every 3 minutes. Some are intense but they still don't feel "real" iykwim? I've got my 36 week appointment in a couple hours. I ordered a new crib yesterday and it will be here Thursday. Car seat is still in the box so this baby can't come yet! Plus I have a test for another job tomorrow morning.

Just as I suspected. 3 hours of 3 minutes apart and nothing. Today was my group b strep test so my OB asked if I wanted to be checked. I figured since she was also checking for a yeast infection there was no harm lol. Anyways, not dilated, baby is not engaged so nothing yet. That being said, I didn't start to dilate until I had been in early labor for 9-10 hours with Ruby and she didn't drop until labor so today's news isn't much different.

Had a super busy day today, did some cleaning, appointment, grocery shopping, dishes and dinner. The. Immediately followed dinner up with bath time. I can't move now. DH had to do bed time.

Rosie ran away today. She had been saying she wanted to play with some kids out in front of my friends house. I told her there were no adults out there and that she could either stay inside or play in the back yard. She chose back yard after a huge fit. I ended up letting her stay out there for less than 10 minutes while we said our good byes. I walked out to the yard and she wasn't there. She had climbed the fence and opened the gate to the front of the house. She also was not out front. She was at the neighbors house. There was yelling and tears. She got spanked. I talked to her when we got home (5 blocks) and she was sent to take a nap. I don't like the way we handled it but we both lost our shit.

That's scary sam that she knows how to get out like that. Thank goodness you found her. Hope she learnt her lesson.

Holy wow Sam thats terrifying! How did she scale the fence?! I'd no doubt have reacted the same way you did. Glad shes safe though

She's a monkey. And she was very sorry. Wouldn't stop hugging me.

Happy mothers day ladies across the pond!

Its lucky its not mothers day here. Kids slept away last night so dh and i could have a date night. We went to bed with dh telling me not to worry about tidying the living room. He'll do that in the morning if I do the kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms... i wasnt counting on him waking up early and sneaking out of the house at 6am to avoid doing ANYTHING. We have a landlord inspection in 3 days. I am a pretty relqxed person in that i let my kids run a little bit wild. They need that. But that means betebetween now (7am on a sunday) and wednesday i have to scrub the walls of handprints, clean the carpet, and sort out every room in the house. (Just checked dhs office and quel surprise its a dump.)
I dont know what time MIL will get bored of the kids today but at most I have 4 hours. Im so cross with dh for dumping this all on me. :cry:

Happy Mother's Day ladies!

Where has he gone?? I'd be fuming

Thanks ladies! And happy Mother's Day!!!

I would blow his phone up and flip the fuck out. Not ok!

Ironically he went to clean someone elses oven then went on to clean a friends carpets. Pissed off doesnt even cover it. Not to mention that MIL phoned me to pick the kids up after their sleepover, i said "I'll come get them in 30-45 minutes, just gonna finish cleaning the hob first" and 10 minutes later shes on my doorstep with the twins.

not even gonna get into the fact that in order to get someone elses house clean rather than our own, DH has hired MIL so she wont be having the kids on wednesday when ive booked the landlord inspection and my first counselling session which was booked to help me with my stress and anxiety and panic attacks. So thats got tO be cancelled. Which is causing even more stress and anxiety and panic attacks.

I wish my head wasn't such a massive mess and i could let this wash over me...

Huge :hugs: for you both, Katherine & Gem, for losing loved ones. :cry:

Finally found some time to get on & catch up! Hadn't been on in about 6 weeks & was expecting a whole load of pages to read but I was pleasantly surprised there was only 7! You've all been much quieter over the past few weeks, clearly! :haha: I have a message at the top of the page telling me I haven't posted in several weeks as well! Feel like BnB is telling me off :haha:

Life is non-stop here. I'm constantly on the go from 5.30am-ish (usually when one or both of the boys decide it's time to start the day :coffee: ) until about 11pm when I've finished jobs round the house/marking/planning. On the plus side, I'm half a stone under my goal weight now :thumbup: Actually weigh less than I did on our wedding day :wacko: Until I was a mum of 2, I used to think people were lying when the said the didn't have time to eat or forgot to eat cos they were so busy. Now I get it!!

Rex is certainly defiant. And the smirking!!! God, that face infuriates me!! I know for a fact that most of his poor behaviour & dinner time melt downs are caused by tiredness but he just will not sleep any later than 5.30/6am. He's asleep between 7.30-8pm so he's clocking up around 10-10.5 hours a night but he needs more. His room is totally blacked out too so it can't even be the light. Last week, I decided to try a digital alarm clock. He has to stay in bed until the first number is a 6. He managed it 5 out of 7 days. I made a huge fuss of him on the mornings he managed it & just calmly explained why he shouldn't be up on the other days so will just have to see how it goes. I'm dreading him doing full days at school in September. I think his behaviour will just get worse as he's more tired :wacko:

Leo is a full-on walker these days. Fun, fun, fun!! :wacko: Two boys running around & climbing on everything is a nightmare. (Seriously don't know how you manage with another one in the mix too, Katherine!) Leo is also a complete pest with emptying every box, drawer or cupboard he get into :dohh: Rex never did that so it's all new to me! He's also turned into an early riser recently :coffee: At least he generally STTN, which Rex never did at 12 months old!

Work is still utterly s*%t. Should be getting next year's timetable grid to sort out in the next week or so. If that's not any better, I'm handing my notice in before the half term deadline. Hate it :(

I've been having a really stressful time dealing with some serious issues with some close friends of ours. All linked to issues between Rex & their LB. Or so they say. It's been causing me massive anxiety as they handled it so badly that I just can't see how we can continue to be friends with them as a family :(

Today I feel like a bad mum!

I left pearl on her play mat for all of a second whilst I went to the kitchen to take a cup out and big sister decided to try pick her although failed but managed to hit pearls head on her activity bar - cue tears from all 3 of us! Pearl has a small red mark on her head, mummy feels incredibly guilty and Poppy in her words will never try that again!

Pearl seems ok in herself but I did the usual panic mode should I take her to a&e etc but after a convo with my best mate and then my hubby as he didn't answer all is calm although I keep looking at the mark and feeling bad lol

Unfortunately with siblings that'll happen. Sounds like she has a hard head so that's good. I'm seriously happy she's okay and feel badly for poppy, she must feel awful.

ria that happened to eddie more than once! :/. Alex still regularly tries to pick him up. I'm glad pearl's ok hun and sounds like poppy might have learnt her lesson!

sarah, good to hear from you! I was wondering where you'd gone! two kids is definitely hard work, although I'd love some of the weight loss magic to come my way! hope work improves. Alex also majorly suffers behaviour wise when tired, ours is more a battle to get him to bed in the evenings, he generally stays in bed until 6.30 but often isn't asleep until more like 8.30-9.

We've just got back from 10days in turkey, had a fantastic time, was all inclusive and was so nice not worrying about the picky eating and wasting food etc. The place was so geared for families, was brilliant, had a couple of kids pools and 5 deeper pools plus was right on the beach. Would totally go back there.

I am seriously having a mental breakdown because I'm too tired and can't sleep because I need to clean. But I can't clean because I'm too tired.

Lol you gotta pick one and do it and forgive yourself for the other. I chose sleep

Oh jeez sam that was me last week. no advice just huge hugs. xxxx

I just had an amazing day. finally found a group of friends who like me for me. this hasn't happened in YEARS.

fab Katherine! how did you do that? I'd love to find more friends actually in real life. Think I'm going to pluck up the courage to join Alex's school PTA and see if that helps meet people locally.

:hugs: Sam, I'd pick sleep too. Look after yourself hun xx

How you feeling sam? xx

I found them online haha! They're all plus size bloggers from all over the country so we dont see each other often. Last time was 6 months ago! Bloody marvellous when we do get together though... Because we're all fatties it's totally comfortable when we're shopping and eating all the cake hah xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->