• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April Mummies 2011

Sounds like a great time! Glad you got to get out and do something for yourself!!!

I'm doing better today. I was really trying to sleep! I layed in bed for 2.5 hours! I've also been waking super early "needing" to clean. But I can only do so much before my body says I'm done. I got the girls some small gifts today for their big sister presents. Each got a coloring book, bead necklace/bracelet making set, a velvet coloring sheet and a floatie for the river. And a picture frame thatI'm going to put a picture of all the girls together in. One for each of them. Then I spent a few hours at a friends house so I had to rest lol. I can't clean and over do it if I'm not home! So then I got home, ate lunch and then scrubbed the dining room floor and walls. Couldn't finish in the kitchen because I need to make dinner before I get too crazy. But I'm almost done. I'm hoping tomorrow I can get Ryan to take some stuff out to the garage for me

Kitchen floor and living room floor DONE AND DONE!
Can I have a cookie now? Lol

A cookie?! Have a box of em! I couldn't have managed all that at the end of my pregnancy!

Most bizarre thing happened yesterday. Someone approached me and in her own words... she was starstruck?! It was weird. Nice... but weird. I'm the most forgettable person in existence pretty much. And I have a fan! Haha. Odd.

That sounds brilliant Katherine. Haha at having a fan!

Well done sam, you put me to shame and I'm not pregnant! X

I couldn't help it! But it seems to have mostly passed. I got the floors done and that was my biggest concern. Ryan wasn't much help this weekend so there is still some heavy lifting and things to be taken to the garage but he remembered to take the trash out so I'm happy with that.

I'm sorry if I'm stepping on others' posts. I will try to recap later. I need to get something out that I have no where else to turn to. I'm so upset I called Michael at work because of it. It has ruined my entire day and it just fricking started.

So of course every good family drama garbage starts with the phrase "there is this post on fb". Well there was. I deleted it. It was about the stupid Duggar family (reality show from hell in the U.S.) and the molestation charges brought to light. Apparently my mother's godfather (like an uncle to me) decided to chastise me for giving into to media tabloid and hurting a good family who is already hurt and how disappointed in me he is, blah blah blah.

This wouldn't be a big deal if he didn't already know about my history of sexual abuse. So it's like a slap in the face of "leave this family be, it's *probably* not true." So sexual abuse is okay to be swept under the rug. For fuck sake my whole immediate lineage and then some has been sexually abused. But let's not cast stones this is a "good family".

Okay so the kicker is this family member is actively dying of cancer. From his already donated liver (hep c) into his bones. Doctors think there really is nothing to be done. He is on fentanyl patches for pain management, that is basically what they give people in terminal care.
So the only thing keeping me from breaking down and feeling like the worst garbage imaginable is what Michael said. He's probably not all there. He's probably in a bad place and lashing out in different ways. The only thing Michael to his character is that it was sad this would likely be the last thing i remember of him. Everything else was based on his condition.

And he's right. My family member is likely just not all there mentally anymore with his illness and medication and cancer treatments. I should let it go. I will..... I just haven't been able to yet.

:( sorry hun, he probably isn't thinking about what you went through in the past at all. Hope your day improves x

I talked to my mom. Always good therapy :D

She said he's probably just not all there. He has strong opinions and sometimes he doesn't think before he speaks. She also gave me some context as to why he would feel strongly about being being accused of things that aren't true. I understand him more now.

Though the celebrity allegations are not rumors. So he's wrong in associating his past with something that actually is legitamate. But it's all done now. I'm enjoying the weather again! Lol!

Glad you have a strong support system for that! Ice had issues where the mother of a boy who molested me when I was 7 tried to add me on FB because we are family. I cried and cried and had worked so hard on myself to not let it rule my life. I wrote her w long letter explaining to her why I couldn't let her into my life whether or not she has anything to do with her son and then other people who I am friends with said "oh, well you're mad at her but you shouldn't me." And it was really rough. Not that there is an excuse for what he said but it does make sense that he isn't all there.

I had my 38 week (38+3) appointment and got a sweep yesterday. I was 1cm+a wiggle l, 75% thinned and very very soft. She said she was easily able to stretch me to 2cm. I've been having some nice strong BH but nothing consistent. Hopefully a walk today to help this baby get down more. I have this pressure in my bum! Lol!! Ryan is home and has next week off work so I'm really hoping. Plus my next appointment is on my moms 50th birthday.

When you have your baby I'm going to be sitting here wishing I had a little squish to hold!!!!! Unless we go at the same time!! Wouldn't doubt it! Lol

It really breaks my heart how prevalent sexual abuse is. It makes me want to cry and hold my girls and never ever let them go. It also makes me mad and makes me want to turn them into fighting machines. Neither are the right choice. I just have to be present and aware and hope and hope that the lineage of abuse stops with me! That they NEVER go through anything like that. What so many go through. It's just so saddening and infuriating.

Every time I talk to my mom I learn about more family skeletons. It makes me glad that my kids will never know a member of our family (cause he's dead).

hope both you ladies don't have to much longer to wait to meet your babies xx

Thanks!!! I'm hoping not much longer either! I'm ready. Everything is ready! My mom came today and helped deep clean and took the girls for a couple nights. I wasn't planning on them going but I could definitely use the rest and not getting up in the morning!

Thanks!!! I'm hoping not much longer either! I'm ready. Everything is ready! My mom came today and helped deep clean and took the girls for a couple nights. I wasn't planning on them going but I could definitely use the rest and not getting up in the morning!

Would kill for that right now!! So glad you have mom to take them. I know mine would if she lived nearby.

I'm very thankful for it. She just kept saying that I needed the rest. Though I'm almost certain that Michael helps you with your girls a bit more than Ryan helps with mine.

ooh nice for the break Sam! very lucky.

Not long now for either of you :)

Eeek after a weekend away, being at work today and the boys being lovely for the little time I have seen them I'm definitely beginning to feel broody again! still going to hold out until next year to ttc atm though but am def getting more excited too be doing so in the nearish future now!

I'm very thankful for it. She just kept saying that I needed the rest. Though I'm almost certain that Michael helps you with your girls a bit more than Ryan helps with mine.

I think it would just be fantastic if someone were able to simply take the girls so we could both rest! Lol!!

So my bestie said she had a "feeling" today and asked all her immediate kin if something was up and they all said no so now she's convinced I'm going into labor either today or tomorrow. :dohh: making me kind of hopeful!! Lol

For sure! Because even when hubby has them- they are still there and you are still there. Lol.
I keep getting these crazy intense contractions that last 1min+ and hurt! But they aren't regular. It kinda makes me want them to check to see if the cord is around the neck or something. Just because the older two had really short cords. Though it could just be pre labor. But DAMN THEY HURT!
I've got so many babies due right now between all my friends. I think we are all at the ready phase.

For sure! Because even when hubby has them- they are still there and you are still there. Lol.
I keep getting these crazy intense contractions that last 1min+ and hurt! But they aren't regular. It kinda makes me want them to check to see if the cord is around the neck or something. Just because the older two had really short cords. Though it could just be pre labor. But DAMN THEY HURT!
I've got so many babies due right now between all my friends. I think we are all at the ready phase.

Last night was pretty bad false labor for me too. I just hope it means I'm awesome for my sweep TODAY! :happydance: I hope my water breaks AT the doctor's office and the baby is born TODAY!! LOL Those are my fantasies right now. More realistic/pessimistic hopes revolve around the sweep causing even MORE contractions and NOTHING happens for more than a week. :nope: But lets go with the first one, or maybe a happy medium in the middle! :winkwink:

What does the cord have to do with your cramping? On FB you said that you are feeling the "push" feeling. I felt that last night too with the false labor. I was standing in the bathroom (I was walking around a lot in general and they kept going) and I had to squat because the feeling of pushing was so intense. Michael was sure I was having actual labor. He's so ready/nervous/on edge. It's hilarious! This will be his first ACTUAL spontaneous labor experience.

I have crazy short corded kids. Rosie's was around her neck so she couldn't drop. But I had so much false labor! Then Rubys cord was so short she couldn't get her nose past my belly button.
Baby is very quiet today. I'm rocking and moving on my yoga ball. Tons of BH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->