• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April Mummies 2011

How exciting For you to be TTC in Jan Caro.

You guys who have 3 close together are so brave lol. I think even when I have a 2nd I would wait until the 2nd is at school before I had a 3rd. Just think it would be easier that way.

I am really really struggling today.
Before 8am Dylan faceplanted a wall and bit his tongue. Blood everywhere. The boys have not stopped fighting except for the intervals when they've joined forces to destroy the house.
If I so much as speak this morning I get a full blown tantrum in response. I'm close to tears and it's only 10:30am.

I find myself begging for September to get here sooner so the twins start nursery. Three boys between ages 2 and 4 is becoming too much to handle.

And dh wants you to home school? Lol. Good luck to you...

Speaking of, I went to bed early, like 1030 cause I wasn't feeling well all day. Dead sleep and my amazing dh woke me up 3 different times after he got home because of his bright ass phone. I've been wide awake now since 3 while he now sleeps. I'm thisclose to punching his face.

Ouch. I am homeschooling. And its going great. Today's just happens to be a bad day and the beauty of home ed is that we can do whatever we need to, to get through the day.
Everyone struggles sometimes.

I don't think we'll have another kid, 2 is enough lol.. don't think i could handle 3!!

Katherine, why will the boys go to nursery if you're homeschooling?
Not being rude, just interested :)

There are a few reasons really.
As we're only just starting our homeschooling journey I think toby and I would both benefit from 1-to-1 time to figure out his learning processes and the best ways to teach him. He seems to be part visual learner, part kinesthetic so it might take some work trying to find a good balance.

T went to the same nursery the twins will be attending so we know and trust that they are 100% open plan and unstructured. The children are encouraged to learn through play, expand on things they've learned at home AND move on from things that don't interest them to follow things they enjoy. It's a great basis for the way I'd like the boys to learn eventually. No desks, no timetables!

Also there are day trips and activities that the twins will be too young to do, so rather than drag the youngsters along or cut the trip short I'll have 15 hours a week for outdoor activities or clubs or whatever.

Um. .. I think that mostly explains it! :)

Eta; Nursery places are government funded until the age they start school. To be honest if it wasn't free I wouldn't be able to do it.

I have some time so I'll write a quick update and then go back and read everyone else.

I can't believe Silas will be 3 weeks old in two days!!

Our birth story was fairly straight forward. I went to the hospital at 6AM for the induction. The ob on was FANTASTIC! I love her so much. Around 7:30 she checked me and broke my water. She said I was almost 8cm but still just about 60% effaced. He was still kind of high, so she broke the water and then squeezed my stomach to kind of place him deeper in my pelvis to avoid prolapsed cord. She commented on how it was thick and hard to break, so I probably could have been pregnant for ages or have had him en caul, born in his sac (her words). :haha: So, nothing happened until 10:30. Meanwhile I kind of walked around and got in the tub. When I got out and walked around things started to pick up, and then everything progressed really fast.

Contractions were consistent and close together, like I said around 10:30. Then at about noon I couldn't take the pain anymore. It was NOTHING like Ember's birth. Which I handled well. The doula commented that I was handling the pain well, with good breathing and everything. I was in transition and I just couldn't take it. So they offered me an intrathecal, which is like epidural light. Instead of a spinal catheter for constant pain management, it's a one time spinal shot that lasts about 2 hours. I asked if I would have the baby by then. They said yes, because I was 9 and waiting for a lip of cervix to stretch.

Once I got the pain meds, like at 12:30, I was in heaven. Contractions that I couldn't feel and a lovely mild pushing pressure. So then the Ob said it was time to have a baby around close to 2pm. My pain meds were starting to wear off and the pushing sensation was getting heavier. At first I didn't know how to push because of the meds but then once he started crowning I REMEMBERED QUICK!!! The ring of fire hurt soooo much worse, I was screaming my head off (like in the movies!!) Then he was born at 2:05. Super fast!! Caused a bit of bruising on him, but also he did that himself. Turns out he was born with his hand presenting first!! Like he was waving hello to everyone. Then after a push the head pushed his arm out further so I had to give birth to a head and an arm together!! :nope: Not much tearing, nothing worse then with Ember (3 stitches, barely a 1st degree). I'm all healed up now and have been for a week or so.

He's nearly three weeks and I already see a schedule forming. He sleeps in the mornings, which is a good thing. Then he nurses and sleeps throughout the day, normal typical newborn. Dinner is hit or miss. If he's been up a while he'll sleep if not he'll want to nurse during dinner time which is awful. Then at night he usually nurses all night until 10-11pm and he falls asleep until 3am or 4am. Which is fantastic. That's like 4 uninterrupted hours of sleep. Then he nurses again sleeps for 2 hrs, nurses and sleeps again for 2 hrs. Except the last two hours are usually when Ember wakes up so I don't always get those. :\ He's a pretty good baby. We've only had 2-3 days of really awful newborn days. The first two days of life when my milk wasn't in, but then we gave him formula to supplement and he felt better. Last Thursday when he had gas and he cried for an hour or more at the top of his lungs. That was soooo awful. Michael was at the shipyard all night too, go figure!

He's a good eater and a good sleeper so there isn't much more I can ask for in a third!! Gives me SOME small time with the girls and to take care of myself a bit.

Sounds like a good birth Ashlee. Especially considering you were induced.

I have a sickness bug :-(. Alex had it Fri, ed sat/ sun and now me today. Eugh. Looking after 2 boys whilst feeling dead is no fun!

IF, and big if, we do try for another I think it'll be 6 months after i've started work after graduating. if it looks like finding a position right out of school is out of the question, i'll probably have one right after i graduate. I'd LOVE a June/July baby either way.

oops clearly we've all gotten rather busy! hope everyone is ok? xx

Nope. I died.

I'm super nervous about starting school this year, dreading it actually. The schedule and just being there in general. Ugh.

I'm good! Got 3 poorly whinge bags today. Also did an interview for the Evening Standard. All good fun.

I'm sure you'll figures out a way to sort the schedule and work dana.

Hope everyone's better soon Katherine. What's the interview for? Curvee?

I seem to be spend my life clear up puke. Every time we go for a 20 mins or longer journey atm Eddie is sick :-(. Not sure how to help. He's only in a t shirt has the window open and isn't doing^watch anything. So annoying for everyone. :-(

Yeah just on body image in general. Instagram, curvee, how brands play a part in making women feel a bit crap. I'm dreading seeing how twisted my words get in print.

How come Eddie being sick? Tummy bug or..? There's a lot of illness going around it seems :(

lets hope they just print what you say then! good luck!

eddie's simply got car sickness :( seems there isn't much that can be done. Ideally we'd have him in the middle seat of the car so he's forced to look out the front window as that's likely to make a large difference, but our car isn't wide enough to have a seat in the middle and another on one side, ie. Alex's sooo that leaves him having to sit off to one side and therefore probably looking out the side window. Apparently an empty stomach can help to but I'd love to see anyone tell ed he's not allowed his milk first thing in the morning!! I've noticed this week too he's started to associate getting in the car with feeling ill too so protests about getting in :(. We're going to be stuck within town soon :(

Haha it's been a while lol. I've been pretty busy with my 3 little ones.

Can't you give younger kids anything for car sickness? Maybe ask a pharmacy for advice??

I'm off for summer. Been off 2 months so far and I'M SO FREAKING BORED.
I have a car and stuff now... but no money to go anywhere haha. Then again went bowling last night and the pics today and have 2 days out planned for next week but I'm so skint. And I have till mid way through September to go.

Got all distinctions (equivalent of all As) in my college course so exceeded grades needed for first choice uni :) so yay. So excited.

Gem, I've been off since may and if you can't tell from my fb post yesterday, I'm bored out of my skull too. We start aug 31, which is both a blessing and something I'm not looking forward to. Great job on the grades!

Shame we don't live closer to each other Dana!
Shall we road trip and meet in the middle? Haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->