• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April mummies 2014 :)

Sazzle I agree we all must be totally busy. I know My little one is keeping me busy.

Anyone trying to get in shape yet? I try in the morning to do some stretching and stuff to try and get in shape. I walk About 1-2 miles couple times a week. I really need to work on my diet though which has always been my weakness.

Here is a photo of Caitlin from yesterday.

Happy Memorial Day to those here in the states

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 4
caitlin is adorable kins!

Definitely being kept busy! Charles hit his 6 week growth spurt a little early but is at the end now. Happy to report nighttime is way better now! He's been doing one long stretch followed by two shorter ones...last night his long stretch was just under 7 hours (8-2:45) with a quick 30 min nurse in the middle....much better than the 1 hour sessions every two hours he was doing a week ago! And he's pretty much in his bed all night long and not on me :happydance: Usually he starts fussing around 4:30 with gas pain and will sleep on me until 6 when he's up for the morning. its not perfect...but much much better!

Hope everyone is doing well! Are you ladies planning on going back to work or stay home? When do you go back if you do? I'm putting my notice in at the end of the week and am nervous! This will be the first time in 12 years, since i started at age 15, that i wont be earning money! i say "earning money" instead of "working" because we all know baby is a full time job! lol I just need to star pumping everyday to get a one day supply built...DH will be watching him for a day while i do exit interviews etc

In any case, i hope those in the states have a nice memorial day as we pause to remember those who have given their lives in service to our country and to thank those who have, and are currently, serving in our armed forces.

Kk I took 12 weeks off so I go back June 24th and she will Be in daycare. I make more $ then dh so even if one of us stayed home it would be him. I'm bummed about it. Now how come you waiting will now to give notice and not like when you left? Is that so you could collect the time off due to you?

I don't get Caitlin down till like 10-11 it takes for ever to get her to sleep but once she is down she sleeps till my husband work alarm goes off. I feed her and then she is back asleep till about 930a she is a great sleeper I just have to shift her hours a bit.

https://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k410/shannonmtravis/10414596_10202978243309939_6656673350087231490_n_zps5627da5a.jpg

Our sweet son is already ONE month old! Where does the time go?!

We took all three kids to the amusement park yesterday. Odin slept in his stroller or in the carrier almost all day, so last night I got no sleep because he wanted to be up and playing.

I've been back at work since 6 weeks. I wish I could stay home, but financially it just isn't an option for us. Luckily I'm on break from from my graduate degree and don't start back up until mid- August.

Here is a picture of Odin, yesterday. He is 8 weeks old today and finally old enough to go to the gym with me. I am heading there after work today.

Attachments

• 20140525_165129.jpg
    20140525_165129.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 6
You ladies who are back at work completely amaze me. I honestly don't know how you do it. I couldn't even contemplate work right now. You're supermums! :thumbup:

I'm very jealous of all this sleep some of you are getting. The longest stretch of sleep Leo has ever done is 4.5 hours :dohh: But that's more than DS1 did at Leo's age so I can't moan!

I agree, you ladies that are back at work and those of you that care for 3-4 children are superwoman! I feel accomplished when I shower:haha:

We've had some great improvement on our end: we switched Lou's formula to a sensitive version (lactose free) and she's doing much better. I can even lay her down for her nap sometimes which my back is very happy about! I'm now looking forward to longer stretch of sleep at night. She's never gone more than 4.5 hours between feed.

On another note breastfeeding isn't going well. I came down with a bad cold last weekend and it seems to have compromised my supply :shrug: or maybe it's just a coincidence. I would like to keep breastfeeding a little longer as it soothes her so well.

The weather here is horrible this May. It rains, drizzle and fog everyday with temperatures around 4 degrees. Can't wait for the nice weather so we can go for walks. We are seriously considering moving to another province this year as the weather always is so poor here. It takes it's toll after a while!

In Canada we have a full year of paid maternity leave (half your salary) and we can take an extra year off without pay with the assurance of having our job back. I'm thinking of taking the full 2 years off if our finances allow it. I'd love to have that time with my daughters.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Oh wow! I should move to canada!
I agree going back to work so early must be hard. I mean Caitlin was 8weeks yesterday and still has no set feeding schedule.
I can't seem to get her in a routine. I think it might be because I am giving her half formula and half breastmilk and that fills her up differently. I only nurse now at bedtime. I tried to stop completely but I don't think I'm ready

Gorgeous pictures girls :)

I'm also very jealous of all these great sleepers! Wesley does a little cluster feed in the evening and goes down for 3 hours, then he's up every 2-3 hours after that. Then every night at 3am he wakes up, has a feed but then refuses to go back to sleep for an hour :dohh:

I can't believe some of you are back to work already. That must be so hard :hugs:

I haven't been on in forever, bad internet connection. Colton is 8 1/2 weeks old, almost 2 months! Little man is growing like weed! Here is a picture of him.

Attachments

• IMG_150612318137828.jpg
    IMG_150612318137828.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 4
How is everyone doing?

Odin has his two month check up and immunizations today. I hope he doesn't get cranky like his sisters did. He's started sleeping from 830-3 and 330-6/7 but it was only a week long tease. He is back to every 2-3 hours at night and has taken up wanting to stay up from 130 am to 3 am . I know it'll pass, but it's hard when I'm so tired. My 21 month old has done great with potty training and has no accidents now except at night. I am so proud of her, it was definitely not easy minding a 5 year old and newborn while training her and I was worried she wouldn't catch on. My PCOS has come back with a vengeance so I am seeing my OB/GYN on Tuesday. Definitely been a hectic two months here.

Hope you are all doing great and that LO's are doing just as awesome!

https://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/pinklizzy_photo/FA769106-611E-4A8E-81FD-DB2EA64ECB87_zpszozsma3y.jpg

Chatting away!

https://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/pinklizzy_photo/3BE7558B-A74A-4E33-8C90-D3F37ECA4410_zpsjsv1fds0.jpg

Sleeping in the wrap with tractor provided by his big sister :D

https://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/pinklizzy_photo/FA769106-611E-4A8E-81FD-DB2EA64ECB87_zpszozsma3y.jpg

Chatting away!

https://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/pinklizzy_photo/3BE7558B-A74A-4E33-8C90-D3F37ECA4410_zpsjsv1fds0.jpg

Sleeping in the wrap with tractor provided by his big sister :D

awwwwwwwwwwwww so cute!

Sorry I actually meant to write a post, not just some random pics :haha: but got distracted by my phone ringing!
Hope Odin is ok after his jabs, I was dreading it but Tristan coped pretty well and only cried a bit more for a couple of hours afterwards and then was ok. I was worse than he was I think!
He's sleeping pretty well still, I'm trying not to get too used to it as I know it probably won't last but at the moment he sleeps 9pm-5am. His feeds take about an hour by which time his big sister is usually up but I'm not complaining, just need to get to bed earlier and make the most of the sleep.
I'm trying now to get him into more of a bedtime 'routine' but I find it much harder than with my daughter-I was more conscious of wanting her to sleep on her own upstairs earlier in the evening etc but now I know just how quickly the time goes, I want to spend all my time cuddling him :blush: I'm sure I'll live to regret it!
We went to a baby massage class today which was lovely, there was a course run by the same instructor when Erin was little and I really enjoyed it so was glad to get the chance to do it again and hopefully make some 'mummy friends' while I'm on maternity leave as it can be very lonely when everyone is at work.
Hope all mums and babies are doing well xx

Hey everyone. I have had major drama so I haven't been on. First, when Charlee was about 5 weeks old, I had to have my appendix removed. It was very out of the blue, and after the surgery I had a hospital stay and my first night away from her. I cried my eyes out. :cry: It also tanked my milk supply not nursing even though I pumped in the hospital and I think the trauma from surgery also caused my supply to drop, but I managed to build it back up with fenugreek capsules and constant nursing.

Then, just 2 weeks ago, I had to rush Charlee to the ER with a 103.7 FEVER!! I was TERRIFIED! They had to do a catheter, spinal tap, and IV blood draw, and it turned out she had a UTI. But because she was so little with high fevers, they had to admit her to the hospital for 3 days. So she and I laid around the hospital trying to get her better. She's finally home and feeling 100% better, praise God!

Just so this post isn't huge, I'll put how she's doing in spoilers. Shes 8 weeks and 1 day today!!
Eating
Nurses every 3 hours. Every once in a while she'll eat about a 1/2 hr early but never much later during the day. She only eats for 10-15 mins, and sometimes she will pull off and my boob will be spraying milk everywhere. Or she'll pull off and it will flow down like a faucet getting us both soaked. I have crazy strong letdown.

Sleeping
She is a great sleeper but not as good as some of your LOs!! But she's much better than my son, for sure. She doesn't go down for the night until 10-12 AM. Then she usually does a 4 hour stretch, and then 3 until morning. She eats super quickly too, so we're only up 10-15 mins.

PICS!
https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/Ashleigh_Smith8412/Mobile%20Uploads/2B75E881-896B-41BD-8A03-395C8C07C3BE_zpsemoed6eq.jpg

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/Ashleigh_Smith8412/Mobile%20Uploads/2DA9A824-657E-4DDE-9714-106D0481C5D9_zps6v2xak2m.jpg

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/Ashleigh_Smith8412/Mobile%20Uploads/DDC2F005-A1D7-4EC1-978C-3CB4EE52615C_zps6bvcbwnf.jpg

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/Ashleigh_Smith8412/Mobile%20Uploads/2FD55361-A35E-4A23-8AC3-28894289C9BB_zpsjchalfcn.jpg

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/Ashleigh_Smith8412/Mobile%20Uploads/DC09B183-F0CB-46DE-80E9-61BC3E31CE1B_zps6aajysbw.jpg

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/Ashleigh_Smith8412/Mobile%20Uploads/D8DF1DC5-C770-4FFD-BB5F-BCC444AECAF0_zpsge06sgwt.jpg

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/Ashleigh_Smith8412/Mobile%20Uploads/E5D9D37C-2E8A-446D-A544-E058FC22F728_zps7xor9uxs.jpg

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/Ashleigh_Smith8412/Mobile%20Uploads/5AE5363E-39A5-4D12-ADA5-CA2FA685EAA0_zpsc4qthgvy.jpg

I'm loving the pics, ladies!! All of your LOs are so cute!!! I must admit that I'm terribly jealous of the amount of sleep you're all getting. Luca wakes every hour to eat a quick 10-15 minute snack, then he dozes off for another hour. :dohh: I'm exhausted!

Bookworm, I'm glad Charlee is better now. How scary! Thank goodness you're both on the mend.

momofone, I hope the jabs went well. It's tougher on us than it is on them I think!

I'm off to take the kids roller skating. My girls (4 and 6) LOVE it, and I sit with the little guys and watch them. I actually skated a little bit last week. My girls loved it, but it must have been a sight! I think I was the only person over 4.5 feet tall out on the rink! haha:

Oh wow book that must have been so scary. So glad she is doing better. Why a would cause a uti at such an young age? She is beautiful btw.

Caitlin had her 2mth shots on Monday. She did well. She was cranky that day so I gave her baby Tylenol.

Pink I'm in the same boat as you. Baby sleeps well but I just gotta get her to bed earlier. Last night I took her to bed with me at like 11 and she fell asleep 1130 and is still sleeping now at 930. She isn't much of a napper during the day though.

Great to see these gorgeous babies! :D

:hugs: bookworm. You've had a rough time. Hope everything settled down for you now & there's no more hospital for a long time.

We're plodding on here. Leo is steadily gaining weight at around 10oz a week & he's starting to sleep slightly longer at night although he still won't go down for the night til around 11.30 :dohh: Last night he did a stretch of just over 5 hours :happydance: He's smiling away now & starting to bat at toys that he likes on his play mat.

I'm starting to find my feet as a mum of 2 but it's exhausting. Don't know how you ladies with more than 2 do it! You're super mums!

I have missed loads! These little ones are growing so fast! Colton had his shots June 3 and was a little fussy after, he got a fever for a day. His most recent weight was 11 lb 15 oz! He giggles and it is so cute! We are still working on his sleep, one night he slept 7 hours straight, but then he hit a growth spurt and has only done 5.5 since...oh well, still better than a newborn! Here he is at 2 months old!

Attachments

• IMG_360057733158874.jpg
    IMG_360057733158874.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho