April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Mommabrown -- So exciting you were able to see/hear a heartbeat that early! Very cute little blob you have there. :winkwink:

doggylover -- Don't despair. I think the average length of active labor for a first timer is like 11 hours. Not so bad. :flower: Also, I haven't ever thrown up when pregnant. :thumbup: I'm one of the lucky ones who get disgusting nausea 24/7. B6 has really helped me so far this time but I almost lost it this morning brushing my teeth. Thankfully my 7+ year no-puke streak remains intact. :haha:

happy_mama and ladykara -- Smart women enjoying the sickness free days! Exactly how I felt about not feeling sick 2 weeks ago!

Melissasbump -- I hope you are able to get your hours changed at work. Really insensitive of them.

nimbec -- I seriously just LOLed at the consultant trying to put the probe "in the wrong hole!" :haha: So glad everything went well!

Regarding labor -- I'm hoping for active labor to start on its own this time. Have no idea what to expect. I'm going to try to keep it quiet as long as possible because I know as soon as I let on that I'm in labor, my husband is going to want to go to the hospital immediately. We live, at most 10 minutes away, so I'd like to stay home as long as possible. If my contractions are like they were last time (one right on top of another), I don't think I'll be able to cope very long at home. In the US, they want you to stay 2 nights after delivery so I had dd at 6pm and was discharged at noon 2 days later. I didn't like spending that much time in the hospital but those days flew by so fast I hardly remember anything about it.

Wow, can they pick up a heartbeat at 5 weeks?!! Unbelievable :huh:
I go for my first scan at 6 weeks and 2 days. I'm really excited for you. :happydance:

Hi everyone!! this is my 1st pregnancy and I believe I am due on April 28 calculated with my last period. I'm super thrilled and nervous!!!

Hope everyone here has a h&h 9 months!

Wow, can they pick up a heartbeat at 5 weeks?!! Unbelievable :huh:
I go for my first scan at 6 weeks and 2 days. I'm really excited for you. :happydance:

Yes at 5weeks they can on vaginal ultrasound. Good luck with your scan!!

had an absolute shit day today, wont go into it but soo scared im going to loose this baby! i was reduce to tears today by someone i dont even know! which has ended up with an arguement with oh! ive been soo stressed all day and came home and spent 3 hours cleaning i ahve cramp in my tummy ive not had for days some pain on the right im just so ready to cry right now i dunno what to do i just have a really bad feeling :'(

Well, mummyconfused, you can up the baby count by one for this thread! I just find out that I am having twins! Although now Im not sure if "they" will truly be April babies anymore, but well see!

Well, mummyconfused, you can up the baby count by one for this thread! I just find out that I am having twins! Although now Im not sure if "they" will truly be April babies anymore, but well see!

CONGRATS! So exciting! :thumbup:

wow huge congratulations :D yey twins!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

Wow! Congratulations!

Woweee!! Congratulations!! So, if you care to share, were you taking fertility meds or do twins run in your family? Or just luck of the draw? It blows my mind there's even a chance I could have twins! I freak myself out a bit because I felt ovulation on the right side this cycle and I *never* *ever* feel it on the right! In fact, when I saw my right ovary at my ultrasound with dd, I actually figured it wasn't functional. It looked different than my left. ??? And they seemed to have a hard time even finding it. :shrug: And I've always felt ovulation pain on the left as long as I can remember. I'm quite sure I've got a single baby in the belly, but there's just that tiny speck of wonder.

theresarhuebb -- I'm sorry you've had a horrible day. Try to take it easy (great advice! Wish I could take my own.). :hugs:

had an absolute shit day today, wont go into it but soo scared im going to loose this baby! i was reduce to tears today by someone i dont even know! which has ended up with an arguement with oh! ive been soo stressed all day and came home and spent 3 hours cleaning i ahve cramp in my tummy ive not had for days some pain on the right im just so ready to cry right now i dunno what to do i just have a really bad feeling :'(

Loads of hugs, why do you think you will loose little one? is it because of the pains? I feel my pains have increased the more babies I've had xx
Who ever that silly sod was, try and flush it out of your mind, you do not need any stress at the moment :hugs: hope you and your man haven't fallen out, and the argument is in the past now.

I wish I could give you a real cuddle :( :hugs:
Hope you'll be OK Theresa xxx

Thanks ladies for all the congrats on the twins!

When are you all going to start buying bits for your baby/babies?
I usually waited until after the 20 week scan, but I think I might start after the 12 week one. We got rid of a lot of things, except the moses basket, and cot, and some cosy clothing.

Hope your all OK, and huge big hugs to anyone who wants one.
My mood has improved from earlier, been in floods of tears, as my children have been really misbehaving, it made me really worried with baby number 5 cooking away, but we will manage :D xx

Congratulations on the twins!! That is so exciting!! Xx

Ladyred -- I already started. In fact, I'm not sure I ever stopped from dd. :haha: Whenever I see an awesome deal on baby stuff, I can't seem to help myself! I just bought more infant clothes yesterday along with some stuff for Maisie. :dohh: If I'm not having another girl, I sure hope one of my friends has one soon! :haha: I'm not tempted nearly as much by boy clothes. :shrug:

But as far as all of our big stuff, it's all gender neutral except our infant carseat and my jogging stroller. But we'll have to get a stroller for 2 anyway and I don't really care about the carseat. I doubt we'll buy much of anything big. I may get a new crib set if Maisie is attached to hers and wants it on her toddler bed when the time comes. Actually, is 20 months even big/old enough for a toddler bed? :shrug: That's how old she'll be when this baby comes. If not, I guess we'll need another crib. :dohh:

Mommabrown -- So exciting you were able to see/hear a heartbeat that early! Very cute little blob you have there. :winkwink:

doggylover -- Don't despair. I think the average length of active labor for a first timer is like 11 hours. Not so bad. :flower: Also, I haven't ever thrown up when pregnant. :thumbup: I'm one of the lucky ones who get disgusting nausea 24/7. B6 has really helped me so far this time but I almost lost it this morning brushing my teeth. Thankfully my 7+ year no-puke streak remains intact. :haha:

happy_mama and ladykara -- Smart women enjoying the sickness free days! Exactly how I felt about not feeling sick 2 weeks ago!

Melissasbump -- I hope you are able to get your hours changed at work. Really insensitive of them.

nimbec -- I seriously just LOLed at the consultant trying to put the probe "in the wrong hole!" :haha: So glad everything went well!

Regarding labor -- I'm hoping for active labor to start on its own this time. Have no idea what to expect. I'm going to try to keep it quiet as long as possible because I know as soon as I let on that I'm in labor, my husband is going to want to go to the hospital immediately. We live, at most 10 minutes away, so I'd like to stay home as long as possible. If my contractions are like they were last time (one right on top of another), I don't think I'll be able to cope very long at home. In the US, they want you to stay 2 nights after delivery so I had dd at 6pm and was discharged at noon 2 days later. I didn't like spending that much time in the hospital but those days flew by so fast I hardly remember anything about it.

Thanks little spy! Makes me feel a lot better!

In terms of buying things, as this is our first we need everything, but won't start buying until around Christmas I think, sales etc lol! So around 25 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->