April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Well, mummyconfused, you can up the baby count by one for this thread! I just find out that I am having twins! Although now Im not sure if "they" will truly be April babies anymore, but well see!

Woweee!! Congratulations!! So, if you care to share, were you taking fertility meds or do twins run in your family? Or just luck of the draw? It blows my mind there's even a chance I could have twins! I freak myself out a bit because I felt ovulation on the right side this cycle and I *never* *ever* feel it on the right! In fact, when I saw my right ovary at my ultrasound with dd, I actually figured it wasn't functional. It looked different than my left. ??? And they seemed to have a hard time even finding it. :shrug: And I've always felt ovulation pain on the left as long as I can remember. I'm quite sure I've got a single baby in the belly, but there's just that tiny speck of wonder.

theresarhuebb -- I'm sorry you've had a horrible day. Try to take it easy (great advice! Wish I could take my own.). :hugs:

LittleSpy- this was pure luck of the draw for us!! I have no genetic history of twins and was not on any fertility drugs. I am shocked! When I saw two sacs, I about passed out.

The only thing Ive read that may have contributed: I have been taking prenatals for months. I read that can increase chance, but no clue why. I am overweight and that is also a higher risk of having twins. Also I just started my cycle after being on depo for 5 years. MD's say that in the few months it takes your cycle to regulate you can release multiple eggs during ovulation. Who knows what it actually was though!!!

Oh no! :haha: I never stopped taking prenatals between Maisie and this one! :wacko: I'm also overweight because I never dropped the weight I gained with Maisie. *deep breath* No depo for me, though! Still quite certain I'm only having one. I'd actually love to have twins, I think (because apparently I'm completely insane). Though hubby has said if we have twins this time (and again, no reason to think we will), we're done having kids. And I don't want to be done yet!

I am tentatively due on April 18th. (my u/s will be on August 30th. to determine final due date).

Can I please join?? Expecting #1 w/ EDD April 30th! Got my BFP yesterday on an IC, confirmed this morning with FRER and a CB digi. I'm very excited!

Can I please join?? Expecting #1 w/ EDD April 30th! Got my BFP yesterday on an IC, confirmed this morning with FRER and a CB digi. I'm very excited!

Congrats!!
Hey, we're not far from each other! I'm in Columbia. :thumbup: I have a couple friends in Charlotte. Kind of rare for me to see someone so close on BabyandBump!

Never heard the prenatal thing! I've been taking them for 7 years straight. LOL (though I actually stopped and switched to food based supplements)

Hey everyone! Welcome to all the new mommies :hi: April just keeps growing and growing.

ladyredlainey: This will be my first baby after TTC for three years so we will start buying things soon after our 8 week scan. The big stuff not related to the sex and then once we know what we are having I will buy the rest.

theresarhuebb: :hugs: sorry you are feeling like this, lots of people have cramps and healthy pregnancies. If you don't have any blood along with them it's probably nothing.

sla545: Congrats on twins!!! :happydance: I'm hoping for twins too, I've always dreamt of having twin girls.

elohcin: I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage that must have been so awful. :hugs: FX for a sticky bean.

Mommabrown: Congrats on the awesome scan results! :happydance:That's great that you can hear a HB so early.

JenX: Congrats on your BFP! :happydance:Sorry to hear about your two miscarriages, FX that this is a sticky bean.

Bjs2005: Good Luck with your u/s tomorrow afternoon!

CandyApple19: Good luck with your scan tomorrow. This one will be sticky and you won't have to go through that ordeal again. :hugs:

jcombs35: Sorry to hear you aren't pregnant. :hugs: It's great that you finally know but still so odd that you had this happen. Hopefully you will have success next cycle.

AFM: I got my official doctors confirmation yesterday that I am pregnant. Had my beta done and it came back at 4675, I was 21dpo yesterday. We are over the moon. Doctor said that is a high number. So far I am with the majority of you and I have no symptoms but I am really hoping I don't have morning sickness.

Thank you. I took another test strip today, and FINALLY the hcg is gone! Completely negative with no trace of that stupid positive line. I was honestly worried I would never be able to take a hpt again! lol

Add me please!! :cloud9:

EDD: April 26th!!

We have our first ultrasound for dating/viability on August 31st, so we should have a firm date by then! (Although I don't think it will change much, if at all)

Also, I'm looking for a bump buddy, if anyone is due around that time too and would like a buddy. :happydance:

Is there anybody else here after multiple losses? I wish so badly that we could share the news, but I've learned it's better for me (emotionally) to keep quiet for a while...un-telling is hard business and support isn't always what people expect. (especially now after so many losses, people start getting really opinionated) So...we haven't told anyone except my chiro and two of my best friends who live on the other side of the country. ;) Our children don't know yet, either.

It's so hard...I wish that seeing a good ultrasound next week (praying!!) would put me at ease, but I know even then it doesn't mean anything for certain, as my next to last miscarriage, my baby died later on and we didn't know until almost the 2nd trimester. I just wish I still had "pregnancy innocence."

I pretty much demanded some bloodwork tomorrow so I will go in for that draw so we can already be ahead of the game when I go in on Thursday. That (seeing my old OB) is another thing I am having a bit of difficulty with. After my last 2 very natural pregnancies and births, I feel like I am mourning what I know is important for me and baby during this time all because my losses have caused me to "require" help, at least during the first trimester. Although if we can get this baby to stick, Lord-willing I will be leaving my OB and stick with birthing at home.

Well, mummyconfused, you can up the baby count by one for this thread! I just find out that I am having twins! Although now Im not sure if "they" will truly be April babies anymore, but well see!

Woweee!! Congratulations!! So, if you care to share, were you taking fertility meds or do twins run in your family? Or just luck of the draw? It blows my mind there's even a chance I could have twins! I freak myself out a bit because I felt ovulation on the right side this cycle and I *never* *ever* feel it on the right! In fact, when I saw my right ovary at my ultrasound with dd, I actually figured it wasn't functional. It looked different than my left. ??? And they seemed to have a hard time even finding it. :shrug: And I've always felt ovulation pain on the left as long as I can remember. I'm quite sure I've got a single baby in the belly, but there's just that tiny speck of wonder.

theresarhuebb -- I'm sorry you've had a horrible day. Try to take it easy (great advice! Wish I could take my own.). :hugs:

LittleSpy- this was pure luck of the draw for us!! I have no genetic history of twins and was not on any fertility drugs. I am shocked! When I saw two sacs, I about passed out.

The only thing Ive read that may have contributed: I have been taking prenatals for months. I read that can increase chance, but no clue why. I am overweight and that is also a higher risk of having twins. Also I just started my cycle after being on depo for 5 years. MD's say that in the few months it takes your cycle to regulate you can release multiple eggs during ovulation. Who knows what it actually was though!!!

Congrats on your twins!! DH and I are hoping for twins ourselves! Fraternal twins run through maternal lines and skip a generation, and my maternal grandmother had twins, so it's my generations turn. We have an ultrasound on August 31st for viability/dating, and I'm hoping we might be able to tell then if there's two sacs or one.... :cloud9:

Is there anybody else here after multiple losses? I wish so badly that we could share the news, but I've learned it's better for me (emotionally) to keep quiet for a while...un-telling is hard business and support isn't always what people expect. (especially now after so many losses, people start getting really opinionated) So...we haven't told anyone except my chiro and two of my best friends who live on the other side of the country. ;) Our children don't know yet, either.

It's so hard...I wish that seeing a good ultrasound next week (praying!!) would put me at ease, but I know even then it doesn't mean anything for certain, as my next to last miscarriage, my baby died later on and we didn't know until almost the 2nd trimester. I just wish I still had "pregnancy innocence."

I pretty much demanded some bloodwork tomorrow so I will go in for that draw so we can already be ahead of the game when I go in on Thursday. That (seeing my old OB) is another thing I am having a bit of difficulty with. After my last 2 very natural pregnancies and births, I feel like I am mourning what I know is important for me and baby during this time all because my losses have caused me to "require" help, at least during the first trimester. Although if we can get this baby to stick, Lord-willing I will be leaving my OB and stick with birthing at home.

I don't have confirmed multiple losses, but I suspect I've had many, many chemicals. It always takes us 2-3 years to conceive (don't know why.) and I'm new to early testing.

But I know what you mean about "un-telling" people, as I've told a few close people in my family that I was pregnant. (Usually once I know about it, it sticks, so I thought I was safe.) Now I've had to go back and tell people that I lost it. MIL was the harshest. She said it was a shame but she was glad I'm okay and healthy, but she just comes across as cold sometimes.

Having 3 other children, I'm just waiting for some dummy to say, "Well, you don't need any more anyways!" :growlmad:

Congrats to everyone!!! Is it too late for me to join??? April 13!

Very cautiously pregnant!!! Maybe this little one will stick!

:flower: :winkwink:

I'm leaving this thread. Game over, again. I lost it 2 days ago, making it my third loss in about 9 months. :cry:

Wishing you all happy and healthy babies. Good luck. Xx

Congrats to everyone!!! Is it too late for me to join??? April 13!

Very cautiously pregnant!!! Maybe this little one will stick!

:flower: :winkwink:

Thats my edd too. Although I went to my initial check up today and when they did the u/s they couldn't really see anything. Makes me nervous.. Hope all goes well with your little bean :)

I'm leaving this thread. Game over, again. I lost it 2 days ago, making it my third loss in about 9 months. :cry:

Wishing you all happy and healthy babies. Good luck. Xx

so sorry Ambivalent :hugs: xxxx

Im so sorry ambi....:-( I hope u have a sticky soon...

as for me, im just waiting in the carpark to go in for my scan....>_< Scared!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->