April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

I'm leaving this thread. Game over, again. I lost it 2 days ago, making it my third loss in about 9 months. :cry:

Wishing you all happy and healthy babies. Good luck. Xx

I am so, so sorry. :( That makes me feel ill. I have had many losses in a short time as well, if you ever need to talk to someone who understands.

I haven't had multiple losses, just one, and it's actually made us go the other way in telling. We never thought we'd tell anyone until the 12 week scan was over, and when I was mc we only told my brother and SIL as I needed his advice as he's a dr, and he told me not to say anything to rest of the family. One of my biggest regrets is going through that awful week without my parents and my sister for support. So this time we plan to tell our families soon. I'm 6 1/2 weeks, and we will tell them next Thursday.

Yes, people did know right away about our first one, and the support was okay. But as I had more, I found that what really seems to make a difference is whether or not those around you have experienced loss as well. If they haven't, it's definitely not the kind of support I've found I need, and it usually makes things harder to deal with because people say the wrong things (sometimes downright hurtful things), or they just say nothing at all and ignore the situation because it makes them uncomfortable...and sometimes I think that is the worst thing ever. Having people who have been there makes all the difference in the world!

Hi girls. just to let u know ill be staying with u guys. our baby is perfect and were so happy.

Good Morning Ladies!!

I am over the moon....just returned from my ultrasound and everything looks great. :happydance: Go back next Friday to see and hear the heartbeat. Today is great day. :winkwink:

I haven't had multiple losses, just one, and it's actually made us go the other way in telling. We never thought we'd tell anyone until the 12 week scan was over, and when I was mc we only told my brother and SIL as I needed his advice as he's a dr, and he told me not to say anything to rest of the family. One of my biggest regrets is going through that awful week without my parents and my sister for support. So this time we plan to tell our families soon. I'm 6 1/2 weeks, and we will tell them next Thursday.

Yes, people did know right away about our first one, and the support was okay. But as I had more, I found that what really seems to make a difference is whether or not those around you have experienced loss as well. If they haven't, it's definitely not the kind of support I've found I need, and it usually makes things harder to deal with because people say the wrong things (sometimes downright hurtful things), or they just say nothing at all and ignore the situation because it makes them uncomfortable...and sometimes I think that is the worst thing ever. Having people who have been there makes all the difference in the world!

I agree 100%. Both my mum and my granny have experienced mc and lost a young baby, so they knew exactly how I felt. Although my MIL never has, which she said herself, she was still amazing throughout, as was my sister. I found some of my friends the worst. I felt I had to tell them as they always made jokes about when I would be pregnant, and knew if they said anything after I mc I would not handle it well. One of my closest friends called it "your incident" and three of them never mentioned it at all. I know it's hard for people who have no experience in that area, but I thought they could have handled it much better.

Just back from grocery shopping and bought a mound of fruit :) I am finding I need to snack almost constantly, so have made a huge fruit salad to dip into, and cut up loads of carrot sticks! Trying to be super healthy as its not really my nature to not eat junk food!!!

LOL. I noticed I'm listed as April 30th. Do all the ladies waiting for dates get lumped in to the last day? Or do you guys already know something I don't? :haha:

Can I please join?? Expecting #1 w/ EDD April 30th! Got my BFP yesterday on an IC, confirmed this morning with FRER and a CB digi. I'm very excited!

Congrats!!
Hey, we're not far from each other! I'm in Columbia. :thumbup: I have a couple friends in Charlotte. Kind of rare for me to see someone so close on BabyandBump!

Hi LittleSpy! I love it here in the Carolinas! I have been here for 5 years and hubs has been here since high school. Your daughter is gorgeous!

Ambi...so sorry to hear your news. I wish you a speedy recovery and all the best in the future!! :hugs:

I went in for my scan yesterday and got to finally see the little bean! It was measuring at 6w6d with a heart rate of 133 bpm. This is my first and it was so neat to see the little flicker of the heart beat. :) This has helped me feel a lot more relieved about the pregnancy, and while I know bad things can still happen at least I know right now everything is okay! :cloud9: DH said I need to stop imagining and worrying about every little thing that could go wrong because it will drive me and him insane. lol. Good advice I guess!

Attachments

• Blueberry.jpg
    Blueberry.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 5

I agree 100%. Both my mum and my granny have experienced mc and lost a young baby, so they knew exactly how I felt. Although my MIL never has, which she said herself, she was still amazing throughout, as was my sister. I found some of my friends the worst. I felt I had to tell them as they always made jokes about when I would be pregnant, and knew if they said anything after I mc I would not handle it well. One of my closest friends called it "your incident" and three of them never mentioned it at all. I know it's hard for people who have no experience in that area, but I thought they could have handled it much better.

Just back from grocery shopping and bought a mound of fruit :) I am finding I need to snack almost constantly, so have made a huge fruit salad to dip into, and cut up loads of carrot sticks! Trying to be super healthy as its not really my nature to not eat junk food!!!

I've found people around this area tend to be kind of emotionally cold. I don't know if it's because living here is harder or what. Anyone I've told that has lived here just kinda says, "oh..." and even if they've had a miscarriage, they talk about it like it's what they had for supper yesterday...hmmmm....:shrug:

Candy, so happy your scan went well!! You had me worried for a minute cause I hadn't seen you.

Doing better today. This is so different from my first chemical because this time I knew I was pregnant. The last time, I had my "period" for a month, and never even thought to test. Just tried to wait it out, and when it didn't leave, I went to the doctor, who told me it was a chemical. Of course I was kind of sad, but this is so different because I knew about the pregnancy. I got excited at the thought of another baby. Some days I'm okay and others I'm downright depressed. I love having all the wonderful ladies on this site to talk to!:hugs:

Add me please!! :cloud9:

EDD: April 26th!!

We have our first ultrasound for dating/viability on August 31st, so we should have a firm date by then! (Although I don't think it will change much, if at all)

Also, I'm looking for a bump buddy, if anyone is due around that time too and would like a buddy. :happydance:

Hi ReadytoMum, I would love to be your bump buddy! Is this your first? This is my first, EDD April 30th. I go to the Dr. On Tuesday for bloodwork. I have no idea what to expect. I hope they give me a dating/viability scan in a few weeks! It would calm the nerves.

Bjs: that is such great news! Awesome scan picture, and so glad you got to hear the heartbeat! I'm sure you are on :cloud9:!!!

Jcombs: :hugs: I can't believe people would be so cold about losing a pregnancy, that is horrible. I'm glad you are feeling better today, and you know we are all here if you need us at any time.

Bjs, so jealous! I can't wait for mine. Going in at 11 weeks. :). So cute!!!

Wasn't going to post in here because I didn't want to get too ahead of myself but sod it :) 16th April is my Due Date! Hope you are all doing well :)

Ambivalent -- I'm so sorry. :hugs:

doggylover -- That's how I've felt about telling each time. If I do have a mc, I'm going to be way off my game (at work and socially) so I need people to know why I'm struggling. I know people don't like to hear bad news, but I'm selfish, I guess.

candyapple, TTC2308, and bjs2005 -- So glad your scans went well! :happydance:

AnnaB -- Thanks! I love the Carolinas, too, though I'm not a huge fan of Columbia. I grew up in Spartanburg and moved here for college and just kind of got stuck here with my job after I finished school. Hoping to make our way to the Asheville(ish) area in the next few years. :thumbup:

jcombs -- I remember you saying where you are and I do think the region could very well have something to do with it. There's so much tragedy in the mines and so many folks just trying to survive day to day. :cry: Doesn't make their lack of empathy okay, but it's just a cultural thing, I guess. :shrug: :hugs:

The only thing I can't tolerate without gagging at this point is brushing my teeth. :dohh: I've almost thrown up the last 2 mornings in a row because of it. I just keep telling myself I can't puke because if I do, I'm going to have to start all over brushing my teeth again! :haha:

is everyone ok??? im so sorry to those having a difficult time right now! Me and rick could not be any more relieved at knowing our baby is ok this time, i was so terrified at my scan i was shaking...Once we got in i told her i was scared, She saw my notes...I showed her a little lump on my c section scar, so she turned the screen towards us...started scanning on this lump....and there she was, our tiny but healthy little bean!!! she zoomed right in on her and she looked like a little baby! we saw her heart bud, a strong sturdy heartbeat...we saw her yolk...it was wonderful and our sonographer was wonderful,let us see her for a little while she took measuremebts, said she looks perfect. we got two FREE pictures! and a copy of ultrasound report..<3<3<3<3 once i relaxed my body totally crashed,ive been struggling to sleep properly so im been snoozing all day...but i feel much better now! :-D

Were really happy to be having our rainbow baby stay with us <3<3<3 im so happy to be able to stick with u all on here and not say goodbye like last time.

cant wait for our 13week scan either!! :-D xxxxx

is everyone ok??? im so sorry to those having a difficult time right now! Me and rick could not be any more relieved at knowing our baby is ok this time, i was so terrified at my scan i was shaking...Once we got in i told her i was scared, She saw my notes...I showed her a little lump on my c section scar, so she turned the screen towards us...started scanning on this lump....and there she was, our tiny but healthy little bean!!! she zoomed right in on her and she looked like a little baby! we saw her heart bud, a strong sturdy heartbeat...we saw her yolk...it was wonderful and our sonographer was wonderful,let us see her for a little while she took measuremebts, said she looks perfect. we got two FREE pictures! and a copy of ultrasound report..<3<3<3<3 once i relaxed my body totally crashed,ive been struggling to sleep properly so im been snoozing all day...but i feel much better now! :-D

Were really happy to be having our rainbow baby stay with us <3<3<3 im so happy to be able to stick with u all on here and not say goodbye like last time.

She you said :hugs: do you really think little tiny is a girl.? It sounds very like a girlie to me. So happy for you xx

jcombs -- I remember you saying where you are and I do think the region could very well have something to do with it. There's so much tragedy in the mines and so many folks just trying to survive day to day. :cry: Doesn't make their lack of empathy okay, but it's just a cultural thing, I guess. :shrug: :hugs:

Glad you understand what I'm saying. Given that it has a past of being a very poor state, with many living in poverty, with limited access to medical care, miscarriages were probably something they just got used to. They are a very strong people, but sometimes that strength isn't good. Especially when relating to someone who just lost a pregnancy!

She you said :hugs: do you really think little tiny is a girl.? It sounds very like a girlie to me. So happy for you xx

im swaying towards girl!!! things are vvv different to.my boys pregnancy! :)
hehehe xx

Congrats to everyone!!! Is it too late for me to join??? April 13!

Very cautiously pregnant!!! Maybe this little one will stick!

:flower: :winkwink:

Thats my edd too. Although I went to my initial check up today and when they did the u/s they couldn't really see anything. Makes me nervous.. Hope all goes well with your little bean :)

SweetAngel84 - thank u and congrats!! Awe don't worry! Your little one only weighs a just a few grams right now and is safely nestled in there!! I'm sure he or she is just hard to spot and being a bit camera shy!!! I bet he/she and will show it's beautiful little face on your next ultrasound!! :happydance: keep us posted!!!

Congrats to everyone!!! Is it too late for me to join??? April 13!

Very cautiously pregnant!!! Maybe this little one will stick!

:flower: :winkwink:

Thats my edd too. Although I went to my initial check up today and when they did the u/s they couldn't really see anything. Makes me nervous.. Hope all goes well with your little bean :)

SweetAngel84 - thank u and congrats!! Awe don't worry! Your little one only weighs a just a few grams right now and is safely nestled in there!! I'm sure he or she is just hard to spot and being a bit camera shy!!! I bet he/she and will show it's beautiful little face on your next ultrasound!! :happydance: keep us posted!!!

That's what my bf and I are hoping. So ready to see his/her little face. Will def. keep you posted. And congrats again :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->