April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

prickly im.exact same edd as u and this exact ssme thing is happening to me!!

ur so welcome prickly! i know i was panicking too!!! as a lady said, cheapies have inconsistent amounts of dye in them, are unreliable for line progression for that reason.xxxx get a better test abd watch those two dark lies show, then relax! i intend on doing that today! :-D huggles xx

I know I will probably be disappointed, but I think I want to POAS tomorrow morning, which will be 10dpo.

Any advice? Should I stick it out until at least 12dpo (Tuesday?) or just go for it? I've already peed this morning, so today is out.

Thoughts? anyone test BFP on 10dpo?

I know I will probably be disappointed, but I think I want to POAS tomorrow morning, which will be 10dpo.

Any advice? Should I stick it out until at least 12dpo (Tuesday?) or just go for it? I've already peed this morning, so today is out.

I got a shadow at 8dpo and my real BFP 9dpo

Do it do it do it poas lol

Hi guys. I'm April 2013. Due April 5.

:)

Very happy to be here. This is #3 for me!

Prickly, since these are yes or no tests, as long as there are 2 lines you are still pregnant. Don't forget even things like urine concentration can affect the color. So don't worry, just relax and enjoy the bfp!

Babybeebee, I tested positive at 10 do with very very faint positives. So faint I had to take 4 tests and compare them to 8&9 do negatives....

So yeah, can do the test if you want tmr :)

Prickly, since these are yes or no tests, as long as there are 2 lines you are still pregnant. Don't forget even things like urine concentration can affect the color. So don't worry, just relax and enjoy the bfp!

Babybeebee, I tested positive at 10 do with very very faint positives. So faint I had to take 4 tests and compare them to 8&9 do negatives....

So yeah, can do the test if you want tmr :)

Thanks ebelle - I did another cheapie HPT an hour ago...I have loads as got them free with my OPK's (lol), so thought why not?...And I am so pleased that the line has got darker...I know a line is a line, but given all my past chems and how heartbreaking it was watching the lines get fainter and fainter, using these same internet cheapies...I am taking some comfort from this. I very much agree it depends on urine concentration as this mornings test was much fainter despite being FMU, as I had just pee'd 2 hours before...whereas I waited a few hours to test this afternoon...Welcome to everyone else with similar EDD's...what an exciting thread! I look forward to sharing our pregnancy journey's together!

Here's my test from today...much darker than the two in my previous post...What do you think? Next to it, is the previous tests I have done this morning 8.30am, Thursdays digital, and wednesday's....wow...I really am pregnant!! I still have no symptoms whatsoever!

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 3
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 2
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    14 KB · Views: 2
  • photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 3
Heres my BFP picture ...

The lighting stinks. My apologies :)

(and it's sideways ... grr)

Glad to be here!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 6
Gemstar- Congrats and Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you

Prickly- I am not sure…I asked the nurse how long I’d be on the progesterone since I wasn’t sure how it worked and she said until at least 8 weeks. From what I have been reading though the placenta doesn’t take over production of progesterone until 10-12 weeks, so I will probably push them to keep me on the supps until at least then. What were your initial levels?

Hayleyemma- what a nice surprise! Congrats and h&h 9 months to you!

Jjs, Mermaid, Beeba and hopestruck- welcome to you as well!
Mummyconfused- what I said is based on the “shettles method” here is what I found on it:

Men produce two types of sperm which already contain the sex chromosome, pre-determining the sex of the baby-to-be. The X chromosome being female and Y chromosome being male. Dr. Shettles found from his studies that the male sperm are smaller, weaker and faster than the female sperm, which are bigger, stronger and slower. The most important factor according to the Shettles Method is the timing of intercourse. The closer to ovulation that you have intercourse, the higher the likelihood that you will have a boy, since they are the faster of the two types of sperm, therefore likely reach the egg first. If you were to have intercourse two to four days prior to ovulation, the higher the likelihood that you will have a girl. This is because the female sperm live for much longer than the male sperm, allowing more female sperm to be able to reach the egg.

Gemstar- Congrats and Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you

Prickly- I am not sure…I asked the nurse how long I’d be on the progesterone since I wasn’t sure how it worked and she said until at least 8 weeks. From what I have been reading though the placenta doesn’t take over production of progesterone until 10-12 weeks, so I will probably push them to keep me on the supps until at least then. What were your initial levels?

Hayleyemma- what a nice surprise! Congrats and h&h 9 months to you!

Jjs, Mermaid, Beeba and hopestruck- welcome to you as well!
Mummyconfused- what I said is based on the “shettles method” here is what I found on it:

Men produce two types of sperm which already contain the sex chromosome, pre-determining the sex of the baby-to-be. The X chromosome being female and Y chromosome being male. Dr. Shettles found from his studies that the male sperm are smaller, weaker and faster than the female sperm, which are bigger, stronger and slower. The most important factor according to the Shettles Method is the timing of intercourse. The closer to ovulation that you have intercourse, the higher the likelihood that you will have a boy, since they are the faster of the two types of sperm, therefore likely reach the egg first. If you were to have intercourse two to four days prior to ovulation, the higher the likelihood that you will have a girl. This is because the female sperm live for much longer than the male sperm, allowing more female sperm to be able to reach the egg.

Wishnhoping - I have never had my progesterone levels checked as doctors in UK differ so much in their opinions on this subject! Most FS and docs in UK I have seen, don't subscribe to the view that progest supps help sustain a preg! I got my progest supps from my clinic abroad in Czch Republic, where I went for FET. I fell preg after tx and had my scan here in UK at EPAU due to my age being classed as high risk and my previous early losses. The FS at EPAU advised me to stop the progest supps - saying UK docs dont agree with its benefits - so I stupidly listened to him and miscarried that preg within a weeks or two! I won't make that same mistake again and really believe that progest supps can only help sustain a preg - whether or not its a viable preg - and I will do all I can to help this little sticky bean! So I am following the advice of my clinic abroad and staying on supps till 12 weeks when they told me placenta will be doing the job of the supps instead. I was told to then decrease the progest supps gradually over a week. I am only taking 100mg morning and 100mg evening, vaginally. I know many other women on here use the progesterone creams...as they cant get their UK docs to prescribe them any proesterone, or they have managed to find a private GP to agree to prescribe it. I really cant understand why women with multiple early losses are refused this tx...:growlmad:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...rogesterone-help-sustain-their-pregnancy.html

link to progesterone thread...very insightful reading!:thumbup:

I say go for it! It will help keep you from going crazy. Just keep in mind it might be too soon.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->