April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Re Twins: I think somone here already mentioned this -- They're genetic through maternal lines. So it doesn't matter how many twins your OH has in his family, it doesn't make you more likely to have twins. :thumbup: My understanding is, you're much more likely to have twins if your mother or her mother (or her mother) had twins. And then it's only fraternal twins, not identical. By that I mean, your mom having identical twins will not make you more likely to have twins. Your mom having fraternal twins does. Everyone is just as likely as the next person to have identical twins.

No they are not that bad,I also have a tingly feeling in my hands which I'm finding strange,I'm just so nervous

I think I read online that twins are more likely if you have a high bmi, history of twins and apparently the more children you have the more likely you are to have twins

https://multiples.about.com/od/funfacts/tp/howtohavetwins.htm

I think I read online that twins are more likely if you have a high bmi, history of twins and apparently the more children you have the more likely you are to have twins

https://multiples.about.com/od/funfacts/tp/howtohavetwins.htm

Eeeppp that's me lol. My bmi is high and I've had 4 kids

Hi I'm new here and just found out Monday I'm pregnant,it was such a shock I still don't believe I am.. I have period like cramps and pressure I was wondering is it normal,I'm only 6 weeks I think??I hope I'm posting this in the right place:
Congrats!!! I had cramps also!

My mother had twins and her grandmother had twins. My BMI is 20 and I've no living children so not very likely on that respect but I am all bloaty already lol

My Mom's a fraternal twin... Most of the twins on my mom's side are fraternal the ones on my dad's side (which there's actually even more of) are all identical....

eeekkk just read that article... My family has history of twins, I've been pregnant with twins in the past & I'm 36!! wow!

Hi,

just got my BFP and my EDD is April 25th! Can I join in too please? :flower: So excited, was a complete surprise!

176 ladies :)

I can now feel the top of my uterus now as I'm only 51kgs lol in lay on my back and yep a big hard round uterus. Its amazing. I've order a Doppler as it was a life saver with my youngest. Anybody else getting dopplers?

I want to get a doppler. For those that have them, what kind do you have or have heard works well (but is still affordable). I have been looking at the Sonoline B dopplers, and most websites I find them on are about $56.00. DH doesn't want to spend the money, but I think my peace of mind might end up over-ruling that. lol.

I have an Angelsounds "fetal heartrate monitor." I found dd's heartbeat when I was about 11 weeks. I'm a bit chubby (was a US size 12 when I got pregnant with dd), though, and I hear that can make it harder to find the heartbeat.

Also, regarding twins, I was unclear. I didn't mean that maternal genetics were the only thing to make you more likley to have twins. I was stating that paternal genetics and your partner's genetics have nothing (or very little, if anything) to do with it. :thumbup: Sorry for any misunderstanding!

And I think the weight/age/children/folic acid factor makes me more likely to have fraternal twins as well. I don't see how it could possibly have an effect on identical twins since that's just kind of a freak spur of the moment occurrence. :shrug: But I've been wrong before. :haha:

Popping in to say my due date has changed! I'm now due 2 days later, April.14th/2013.

I've been having red, pink and brown spotting along with passing of some tissuey stuff. My midwife was sure I was miscarrying even though it was pretty much only when I wiped, and I have had no cramping... But I had an ultrasound today and it put me at 6weeks 3days, so I found out I was pregnant at 3weeks 2days!

My HCG levels for 6weeks 3days are 17,624. Up from 1695 at 4weeks 5days.. I don't think that's quite doubling at the rate it should?! I'm too tired to properly do the math. I'll go every 3 days from a couple of weeks.

Did you see a heartbeat? There not doubling Hun but there is a huge variety and I know many woman that haven't doubled and have healthy bubs

Oops I forgot to mention, yes I did! 134 bmp! I guess I'll have a better reference when I take another test. I get my results for my blood work online and it has a section that says "Out Of Range" and there is a "Y"... So I don't know if that is meaning it's to low or not? Because they have reference ranges right there with your results and mine are within it... Unless they're comparing to my one from 2 weeks ago.

I really need to talk to my midwife ha. I dunno, unless I start full out bleeding red blood I'm going to keep positive.

The doubling every 48 hours thing is an average. Doubling up to every 72 hours is healthy

176 ladies :)

I can now feel the top of my uterus now as I'm only 51kgs lol in lay on my back and yep a big hard round uterus. Its amazing. I've order a Doppler as it was a life saver with my youngest. Anybody else getting dopplers?

I want to get a doppler. For those that have them, what kind do you have or have heard works well (but is still affordable). I have been looking at the Sonoline B dopplers, and most websites I find them on are about $56.00. DH doesn't want to spend the money, but I think my peace of mind might end up over-ruling that. lol.

I got the son online with my sons pregnancy, worked a treat!

I'm so talking to my DH about getting a doppler. But I'm so freaking paranoid about everything I'm afraid he will tell me no because he's afraid I won't be able to hear the heartbeat & I'll freak out!!!

Maybe after we hear little bean for the first time he will go for it!!!

hi all! went for my scan today as was worried i was hvaing an ectopoic but im not baby is fine measuring 6wks so im not 8wks by scan! just by lmp! but glad i know i can depend on these ovulations calendars online! i put my period in and it gave me ovulating days when i work back 6wks it works out i did indeed ov around the 17-18 and 19th. i do have a bit of blood next to baby, lady thinks its all blood and will either absorb or will come out but should be brown blood as its old blood! she said not to worry as its normal i hope so! hugs to all those who need tham and welcome any newbies!.... wont update ticker till 12wk scans been done if i get there! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->