April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

ladyred glad to hear things looked good at your scan!!

Just told my family tonight. It was funny, i said "i have an announcement" and my sister looked over the table and said "what have you got? TB?" to which i responded "No, a baby" her jaw just dropped! :haha: it was hilarious. My dh said my dad's did the same! Not because they are shocked we are having a baby, as they knew we are trying after my mc, but just i think the way i said it. My mum, SIL and sister all cried haha! And then my SIL and brother claimed "I already knew! I knew it!" Based on things which are actually just freak coincidences lol.

it feels so much more real now. Just praying that there is good news at my scan next week, as they were all so excited, and it's so easy to get caught up in that....

Well, my appointment FELT pretty pointless, but at least it gave me some direction. My OB is a very nice guy, but he just doesn't think outside the box (which he will admit to). He offered us his farm equipment and everything (his farm backs up to ours) LOL, but isn't really interested in what I'm trying to say about my thyroid. He kept telling me over and over about TSH, but *I* kept trying to tell him that it's TOTALLY different when antibodies are involved, and I think he just thought I was confused. He wants my TSH higher than it is, when I NEED it lower, like between 1-2 (it's just over 2 right now). So I guess I will have FIL dose me for now and either do the pregnancy like we have the last 2 times, or try to find another doctor (though I just hate feeling "tied" to allopathic medicine when I don't agree with- and don't WANT- a good majority of it!).

He also keeps pushing progesterone. Which I'm not opposed to, I wouldn't mind, but he prefers the injections...ONCE a week. Which doesn't make sense to me, because obviously by the end of the week that is going to drop off before you get the next shot, and that sounds risky to me? He said they have great success with it, but I can't find any stories of women using it less frequently than once a DAY. I asked about suppositories instead (since I've used them before) and may go that route. They wanted to start my injections today but I told him I wanted to wait, and I requested a draw to see what my levels already are, as well as for a repeat bhCG.

Soooo...I came away with an u/s scheduled for next Thursday to confirm a (hopefully) intrauterine pregnancy, and hopefully hear a heartbeat (we did at the very same day along with DD1). Though unfortunately that won't even make me feel better, as my last two ultrasounds were either a dead baby or an empty uterus, and I know that one ultrasound doesn't guarantee the next to be fine, you know? Uuuugh. But at least I know that there's no real point in me continuing to go to him. My thyroid monitoring is the main concern I have for the pregnancy, and if he's going to have my FIL do it all along anyway, there's no point in me going to him as well.

Theresa I'm over the moon for you. I always measure slightly smaller until my 20 scan with my babies, with jayde i was spot on though. But it's not a dating scan like the 12 week one ehuso you could be slightly further on yet :hugs::happydance: xx

Doggylover wonderful to hear how happy your families are :hugs: bless the crying eh hehe so sweet and what a wonderful support!! Xx

Good luck for your coming scan elohcin :) xx

elohcin - Um, what?! I think I'm confused. Why would he want your above-2 TSH level to be HIGHER?! Wouldn't that be be crazy for anyone, even without the compounding factors you have? :wacko: My understanding is that doctors want TSH levels LOWER than 2.5 for pregnancy. So, if you're already close to 2.5, he should definitely not want it higher. Not for you or any other patient. Am I missing something there? :shrug:

elohcin - Um, what?! I think I'm confused. Why would he want your above-2 TSH level to be HIGHER?! Wouldn't that be be crazy for anyone, even without the compounding factors you have? :wacko: My understanding is that doctors want TSH levels LOWER than 2.5 for pregnancy. So, if you're already close to 2.5, he should definitely not want it higher. Not for you or any other patient. Am I missing something there? :shrug:

He's fairly happy with where it is at right now, but between the labs my FIL ran 2 weeks ago and the ones my OB did on Friday, it went up from UNDER 2 to 2.3ish, and he is glad. Which, if I didn't have autoimmune issues, wouldn't be a big deal. But he basically doesn't want it LOW. Which is the opposite in my case...I NEED it low, because more TSH means more antibodies, and I don't want the antibodies.

But I thought it wasn't even considered low unless it's like under 0.5? And I thought someone my age (28), for example, should ideally be somewhere around 1.5 (mine is usually around 2.7 but no doctor will treat me because I'm within "normal" ranges)? So, why would he want it to increase to a number farther away from ideal? That makes no sense to me at all. :shrug:

Doggylover wonderful to hear how happy your families are :hugs: bless the crying eh hehe so sweet and what a wonderful support!! Xx

They are amazing, both my family and oh's family. it will be grandchild no1 on dh side, and no2 on my side, but the first of the girls, so it's a big deal for both our mums for sure!

Five weeks today!!

One week to go till my dating U/S!! I'm so excited to have everything checked out and make sure that the lo is where it's supposed to be and that things look like they're on track. I'm also really hoping that we'll be able to tell if there's one sac or two. :cloud9:

Theresa I'm over the moon for you. I always measure slightly smaller until my 20 scan with my babies, with jayde i was spot on though. But it's not a dating scan like the 12 week one ehuso you could be slightly further on yet :hugs::happydance: xx

Good luck for your coming scan elohcin :) xx

thanks hun yeh she did say give or take a week your happy dance has made me feel 1000 times better :D thank you :flower: :happydance: xxx

doggy lover- thats fab news glad it all went well and ther over the moon for you! xx

Elohcin- hope all goes well next week :) xx

I really think my pubic bone is going to snap! :wacko: I was bouncing the buggy down the steps, and felt a strain, like a close to snap like feeling...eekk.
I think I had this with my girls (memory is terrible) but I think it was later on my pregnancies.

So note to self - be careful bumping buggies up and down steps!.

Is anyone else doing things that they shouldn't be? I've been pulling down trees with rope, pushing and pulling heavy tables, just things I'd normally do, but then I'd hurt myself and think O crap!! :dohh: My hips and butt aren't as sore now, but strangely I think it is because I am walking more?? :wacko: occasionally I will get a sharp pain, but not like before.

I was stressed to the eyeballs this morning, with my 4, trying to get things ready for school, and me giving my elder girls things, for them to miss place them, then have to hunt for them again :dohh: but now it is just me and my 1 yr old, so it is very quiet now. But my head is pounding........I don't think I am doing well with pregnancy and having kids this time :lol: I have to laugh or I'd cry lol.

Hope you are all well this morning.

xxx

hey woman you need to slow down lol! ouchie!! ive not had the snapping feeling ive heard woman on bnb last time talk about this! but cant remember what was said. you should go and see mw see if shell give you a waist band to support your hips! will help with the all the hard work your doing being a mummy!

yes i have! i dug the small part of my side garden up and moved a few bricks! i did a lot of strenious garden work when i was 6wks pregnant with chloe! i didnt know i was at the time but lifted wheel barrows of dolomite,sand, gravel and dug out the garden and lifted heavy bricks lol...id love to say my hips were better :/ jelous muchos haha! im used to it now lol!

i soo know how you feel i just ahve chleo and caitlin who do this! i mean there simple tasks but noo its not simple to them lol! and when you ahve more than one to sort out! jeez give me a break! yet no 4 is on his/her way lmao! oh im soo sick of the headaches and normally when kids are working them selves! at least you got a bit of break for a few hours lol.
aw hun i bet its just hormones, you can do this! once the tiredness and sickness goes youll be back to your self you know id come and give you a helping hand but being a couple of thousans miles away doesnt help! hope your feeling better within your self very soon xxx :hugs:

hey woman you need to slow down lol! ouchie!! ive not had the snapping feeling ive heard woman on bnb last time talk about this! but cant remember what was said. you should go and see mw see if shell give you a waist band to support your hips! will help with the all the hard work your doing being a mummy!

yes i have! i dug the small part of my side garden up and moved a few bricks! i did a lot of strenious garden work when i was 6wks pregnant with chloe! i didnt know i was at the time but lifted wheel barrows of dolomite,sand, gravel and dug out the garden and lifted heavy bricks lol...id love to say my hips were better :/ jelous muchos haha! im used to it now lol!

i soo know how you feel i just ahve chleo and caitlin who do this! i mean there simple tasks but noo its not simple to them lol! and when you ahve more than one to sort out! jeez give me a break! yet no 4 is on his/her way lmao! oh im soo sick of the headaches and normally when kids are working them selves! at least you got a bit of break for a few hours lol.
aw hun i bet its just hormones, you can do this! once the tiredness and sickness goes youll be back to your self you know id come and give you a helping hand but being a couple of thousans miles away doesnt help! hope your feeling better within your self very soon xxx :hugs:

Hiya :D
I think I'll need to see the midwife anyways :( tmi! sorry, I have green snot like bits in my discharge which is mainly clear :shock: . And tummy cramps also, which seem worst tonight, not unbearable, just uncomfortable, along with back ache.
If it is away by tomorrow, I'll just leave it. I have read it could be part of the mucus plug, which will reseal, or infection lol.

Hope your headaches ease up, I get them now and again, usually more duller type of headache, nothing to sore, although was sore today.

I am rather thankful for a couple hours rest :blush: :lol: you will get it soon to eh :D

We had a chippy tea tonight, and I feel so sick :( I really ate far to much, so deserve to be sick really lol

Hope you have a lovely night Theresa xx

My first appointment was great! They put my edd at April 24th!!! I go back on September 13 for my first scan! I can't wait to hear my little bean's heartbeat! The next 3 weeks are going to drag!!!

Dating scan on an hour!!!!! I'll keep you posted~

Hi guys, I have not posted much but i have been following daily. Does anyone have a high bmi, I do and I am scared about my first midwife appointment, which will be at my 12 week scan.....ages away :(. I am huge, I planned on losing weight before conceiving, but got a surprise bfp two weeks ago. I am going to join slimming world and start walking in the hope to loose a little before my 12 week scan.. Anyone in the same situation?

Plus...I have been getting painful twinges in my left side, should I be worried? Thank you in advance for any replies :)

Hi guys, I have not posted much but i have been following daily. Does anyone have a high bmi, I do and I am scared about my first midwife appointment, which will be at my 12 week scan.....ages away :(. I am huge, I planned on losing weight before conceiving, but got a surprise bfp two weeks ago. I am going to join slimming world and start walking in the hope to loose a little before my 12 week scan.. Anyone in the same situation?

Plus...I have been getting painful twinges in my left side, should I be worried? Thank you in advance for any replies :)
I'm really really small, but I just had my first appointment today & my doctor said the twinges on my left side were completely normal. I've been having sharp shooting pains to dull aches for the last few days. She says it's all part of our uterus getting bigger & to not worry about those pains at all.

She also said for nausea to get unisom b sleep aide over the counter med & take it at night. That it is safe for the little bean & will help with morning nausea. I don't have it yet but maybe that will help any of you that do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->