April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Hello! I've just recently joined this forum and have just started to have a chance to read some of the posts. Seems like a nice place :)

This is my first pregnancy, I'm currently 8 weeks! I'm due April 1st or 2nd(i went to 2 different hospitals and got 2 different dates). Anyway, my partner and I are really excited, it's the first baby for both of us.

On the other side of things I'm scared and paranoid about everything! I'm 32, so my age worries me a bit, I'm really overweight and I'm also gluten intolerant(I've read this could cause issues in pregnancy as well). I'm just worried about health issues, as I'm sure many women do, but since this is my first I'm extra worried! I've only found out 3 weeks ago that we're expecting and I've already been to the A&E 3 times because I've been worried about "normal" ms issues. I've only really had issues with hbp, the rest of the symptoms are apparently normal...but as I said, this is new to me so it's a bit hard.

So in being here I'm hoping to gain some reassurance, learn a lot/gain information and make some friends :)

Welcome, Justmesap. I'm gluten intolerant as well. I think it shouldn't cause issues as long as you are eating strictly gluten-free.

It's an Angels Sounds doppler I have, it is fine, it does the job, also makes my midwife appointments a bit quicker to lol!, as I just point to where I heard it last :blush: :lol:

Hope we both hear those little heartbeats soon eh xx

hehe nice 1 maybe i could do that this time haha! altho i dont mind the waiting! well i shouldnt thsi time since i have my own haha

yes i hope we do too xx

aww lily so sorry for your loss take care xx

ttc wow hugs congratulations on twins please say youll stay with us! even thoiugh your march now xx

Yes I am staying with you girls. The twins development progress will be inline with you girlies.

Plus I like it here :hugs:

Hello! I've just recently joined this forum and have just started to have a chance to read some of the posts. Seems like a nice place :)

This is my first pregnancy, I'm currently 8 weeks! I'm due April 1st or 2nd(i went to 2 different hospitals and got 2 different dates). Anyway, my partner and I are really excited, it's the first baby for both of us.

On the other side of things I'm scared and paranoid about everything! I'm 32, so my age worries me a bit, I'm really overweight and I'm also gluten intolerant(I've read this could cause issues in pregnancy as well). I'm just worried about health issues, as I'm sure many women do, but since this is my first I'm extra worried! I've only found out 3 weeks ago that we're expecting and I've already been to the A&E 3 times because I've been worried about "normal" ms issues. I've only really had issues with hbp, the rest of the symptoms are apparently normal...but as I said, this is new to me so it's a bit hard.

So in being here I'm hoping to gain some reassurance, learn a lot/gain information and make some friends :)

welcome to apriil munchkins congratulations :flower:

ladyred -- I do a little more than I should, but nothing like you're doing! I lift 40lb bags of dog food and 50lb bags of chicken feed but that's really the only no-no I've done so far. TMI, I've had yellow mucousy cm this whole pregnancy so far instead of the creamy white cm I had early on with dd. :wacko: I don't think I have an infection or anything. :shrug:Guess I'll ask at my appointment on Monday. And you can have all the meat. Just the thought of anything other than chicken breast is nauseating to me right now.

bitsysarah -- I have a very high bmi right now (though bmi doesn't mean much to me because I'm quite a bit smaller than most women my weight -- my goal weight, at which point I'll likely be a US size 6 or 8, is still considered "overweight" in bmi terms -- it's bs). I was considered "obese" by about 15 pounds by bmi when I got pregnant with dd and then I didn't lose the 40 pounds I gained with her between pregnancies. :blush: I'm still 30 pounds lighter than my highest weight ever, but I'm about 80 pounds heavier than I'd like to be, ideally. Best to just make healthy food choices and exercise daily. I don't expect to gain much weight with this pregnancy. 10 pounds or less is my goal, that way I should be a few pounds less than I am now a couple weeks after delivery. :thumbup: The twinges are normal, I think. I had them early on with both of my pregnancies.

soph77 -- Yay! Glad you had a good scan!

Sharon -- I'm sorry. I'm so glad you have a positive outlook!! :hugs:

kristyrich -- I haven't told my father, yet either. For a different reason -- I'm kind of over him. I don't know that I'll even bother. I know it will hurt him if I don't tell him personally but I don't know that I really care. He's a bad father and a terrible grandfather. :dohh: He has terrible depression and anxiety as well. Got much worse when my brother died last year. But that's still no excuse for the way he acts.

doggylover -- yes, it's normal for ms to come and go. I was sick as a dog yesterday and the day before. Been sick a little today but not nearly as bad. Be glad for your better days!!

lili24 -- :hugs:

TTC2308 -- Congrats!!!! :happydance:

dan-o -- I'm torn between wanting time to drag and wanting it to speed along. I guess I'd like it to speed up through 1st tri and then slow down. I planned for my babies to be close in age but I'm panicking a bit about it now. :haha:

teresarhuebb -- Awesome on the facebook page, I'd like to join! :flower:

dopplers - I alwas had best luck early on with dd when my bladder was painfully full. :haha: Later on, Maisie used to kick at it constantly and I'd be about deaf from all the noise.

Thanks littlespy!

For anyone who is a coeliac (or celiac in the US I believe!) my dad is, and that is one of the reasons I was put on a higher than normal dose of folic acid.

Thanks littlespy!

For anyone who is a coeliac (or celiac in the US I believe!) my dad is, and that is one of the reasons I was put on a higher than normal dose of folic acid.

I am taking additional folic acid as well.

Going in for an emergency scan today to make sure my bub is not ectopic since I've been having strong cramping since tuesday. No blood, but its all on one side and my midwives don't like the sound of that so I'm scheduled for 1:45PM EST. Little bit nervous, little bit scared, little bit excited. So many feelings. Hubby is coming with me since today and tomorrow are his days off. I have such a great support system and now all of you ladies to spill my sorrows to! Anyhow, please FX'd for a healthy little pole IN UTERO please! :hugs:

Going in for an emergency scan today to make sure my bub is not ectopic since I've been having strong cramping since tuesday. No blood, but its all on one side and my midwives don't like the sound of that so I'm scheduled for 1:45PM EST. Little bit nervous, little bit scared, little bit excited. So many feelings. Hubby is coming with me since today and tomorrow are his days off. I have such a great support system and now all of you ladies to spill my sorrows to! Anyhow, please FX'd for a healthy little pole IN UTERO please! :hugs:
Keeping my fxed! Hope all is well! Please let us know how it goes!!!

Good luck Liam's mum, fingers crossed all is perfect xx

Thanks for all your kind words ladies! Best of luck to you all and your April beanies xx

dan-o -- I'm torn between wanting time to drag and wanting it to speed along. I guess I'd like it to speed up through 1st tri and then slow down. I planned for my babies to be close in age but I'm panicking a bit about it now. :haha:

Yes me too in a way, if i can just fast forward through a couple of scans and to when my Doppler will work, that would be great! I'd be happy to roll along at a snails pace after that lol!! :haha:

Yes I was due on the 30th April.. Lili24. Not Lily28 who is due earlier in April just in case that's a mistake x

Good luck :hugs: xx

Thanks littlespy!

Hi Doggylover, is that the norm for most celiacs? I have it as well (with Crohn's and Hypothyroidism.. joy) and this is the first I hear of needing higher than normal amounts of FA. One more thing to ask my doc at my first appt on Tuesday I guess!

Best of luck! Keep thinking positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->