April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Thanks littlespy!

For anyone who is a coeliac (or celiac in the US I believe!) my dad is, and that is one of the reasons I was put on a higher than normal dose of folic acid.

Hi Doggylover, is that the norm for most celiacs? I have it as well (with Crohn's and Hypothyroidism.. joy) and this is the first I hear of needing higher than normal amounts of FA. One more thing to ask my doc at my first appt on Tuesday I guess!

I think that the reasoning for it is that if you don't eat wheat, you are missing out on eating many foods that are fortified (folic acid is added artificially) with it, so you may need more than the average person. If you are already getting plenty of folic acid from natural sources in your diet, you are probably fine.

Natural sources of folic acid include celery, dark leafy greens, asparagus, beans, broccoli, citrus, nuts and seeds, and more.

good luck liams-mum hoping it's just hip pain or something silly xx

is anyone else having the hiccups????... I've had them everyday! lol :/ I never really get them so it's weird for me x

ive had chronic hickups forever..it gets to the point where i feel sick and it hurts.

Thanks littlespy!

For anyone who is a coeliac (or celiac in the US I believe!) my dad is, and that is one of the reasons I was put on a higher than normal dose of folic acid.

Hi Doggylover, is that the norm for most celiacs? I have it as well (with Crohn's and Hypothyroidism.. joy) and this is the first I hear of needing higher than normal amounts of FA. One more thing to ask my doc at my first appt on Tuesday I guess!

I think that the reasoning for it is that if you don't eat wheat, you are missing out on eating many foods that are fortified (folic acid is added artificially) with it, so you may need more than the average person. If you are already getting plenty of folic acid from natural sources in your diet, you are probably fine.

Natural sources of folic acid include celery, dark leafy greens, asparagus, beans, broccoli, citrus, nuts and seeds, and more.

Thanks! I eat lots of that stuff - I am forced to eat mostly whole foods anyway, so I think I'm probably ok. There must be a FA blood test to check levels... I get my B12 checked regularly as well - I need monthly injections due to short-bowel syndrome from multiple GI resections. My body doesn't absorb the B12 vitamin from food. I wonder if that's also true for Folic Acid. Lots to ask!

Another question to put out there, (sorry, I may be full of them in the coming weeks!), are early scans provided on request? Or are they only given when there is a need? I don't think I'm considered high risk, but with all my other health problems - and a CP in Feb - I wonder if I'd be eligible.

Thanks littlespy!

Couldn't have said it better myself! My SIL was advised to keep my nephew to a gluten free diet for at least a year because of family history of coeliac.

Avocado is a great source of folic acid as well! Yummmmm.

babyhopes -- Not really sure. I'm pretty sure it's going to depend heavily on your country's healthcare system and whether or not you're willing to pay out of pocket.

I'm in the US with private insurance. With dd, they'd only pay for an ultrasound in 1st tri, then at 20 weeks, and then over 40 weeks. I ended up getting 4 because I paid for one at 15 weeks to find out the sex and I went over 40 weeks. So, I had one in my 12th, 15th, 20th, and 40th weeks. If I hadn't paid out of pocket at 15 weeks and gone over 40 weeks, I would have only gotten 2 -- 12 weeks and 20 weeks.

I am miserable. This is gonna be tmi, but we are the sort of people who talk about cm with one another... :haha:

I wouldn't say I'm constipated per say, as I am still having bowel movements each day.however, I FEEL like I am. My abdomen is so hard, and I am just so uncomfortable all the time. Does anyone else have this? It's making me miserable today, especially since I googled abdomen pain when pregnant and all I got back was ectopic. Now I am scared and miserable.

I'm being a real moan today!

Yep I feel Just the same, like I'm all backed up. Vile isn't it lol!!
I'm blaming my discomfort on my progesterone, it's through the roof lol! Oh well, better high than low!

Yeah, I can't decide if I hate nausea or constipation more. I got so terribly constipated with dd. :nope: Ugh, so miserable. It peaked around 11-12 weeks, so I'm afraid the worst may be yet to come. I'm eating plums and drinking apple juice like crazy this time. :haha: Not sure if it's helping. I realized this morning I don't remember the last time I pooped. :dohh::blush: I think maybe it was Tuesday. :haha:

In so bad as well - not having regular bowel movement either I feel like my stomach is stretched to full capacity it's sooo painful!!!! Thinking of going to docs about it next week it's nearly reduced me to tears tonight!

I've been lucky so far. Mostly had an efficient tummy but I imagine that will change

In so bad as well - not having regular bowel movement either I feel like my stomach is stretched to full capacity it's sooo painful!!!! Thinking of going to docs about it next week it's nearly reduced me to tears tonight!

I did cry tonight :blush::blush: I'm sure dh thinks I've lost it completely!!

I'm glad you ladies are having the same issues - obviously I wish none of us were, but as this is my first I just have no idea what's normal and what's not, and I'm so grateful to have you all to run my neuroses by!

Hi ladies, i.think.im just worrying myself but im 6 weeks and i dont.really feel pregnant apart from being bloated to.the max and goin to toilet a bit more than normal. I have had cramps since ac was due. But not at all painful justtt there. Sometimes.when.i.sneeze. bit my boons are tender on.and.off but not like agonising and.no.sickness... i am probably just worrying for nothing but has any one had this then suddenly. Got syptoms with. Vengance? Thanks x

Doggylover it's my first too do we are in the same boat! I've tried prunes/apricots etc but now I can't even bare to eat I feel like there is no room and I'll just puke it up :( so sorry your feeling the same! I'll let u know what doc says next week!!

Hope your ok ladies!!

Kealz don't panic you are one of the lucky ones so far enjoy it while it lasts ((hugs)) we all worry !

Oh man, I was tucking my ds in to bed last night and my wrist bent and POP something went in the top of my hand. CRAAAAAPPPP, it hurt like a mofo. Still every time I bend or twist my hand I am in agony. I've seriously stuffed my hand. I've always had a bit of a dicky wrist but this is insane! Makes it very difficult to care for my baby :( picking him up, nappy changes every thing hurts! I wonder if this is just a fluke thing or something to do with joints relaxing. It's enough to bring tears to my eyes, but I still have to care for my baby and deal with the pain.

my doctor game fybrogel for my constipation, I have IBS and was so cramped up. You can get it without a prescription I think and you can take it when you are pregnant xx

gave me.. not game lol.. I was so bloated she said I looked further than 6 weeks! I can feel my little bump now!! I keep stroking it! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->