April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

I wish I would get my appetite back. Seems like for the last 2 days I just haven't been hungry at all.

Well went in for my emergency scan Saturday and got a call back from my midwives this afternoon to let me know what they found. They do believe there is a second sac, though there was no fetal pole or heartbeat :nope: but the other was measuring very normal and had a HR of 114-117. They had a difficult time even seeing the second sac as its a bit smaller and seems to be hiding behind the first. My thoughts and questions are this - is the second sac definitely a loss? My u/s was only at 5w6d and its sometimes even hard to get a heartbeat at that time on a viable fetus. Could the baby in sac #2 just be blossoming late? I've read a few mums on here and other forums had the same type of problem and 24 weeks later they are fully pregnant with twins and some did end up losing the baby in sac #2. I know I wasn't planning or praying for twins - but I hate to think I've already lost one. :cry:

liams_mom, I hope everything turns out ok for you. It's still only early and if it's hiding behind the other maybe it's just too hard to see properly yet. I really hope everything turns out ok. Fx'd for you. When do you have another scan? :hugs: I have my scan in 4 hours time!! I'm so nervous!!

Liams mom I'm glad to hear that one of your babies has a heart that is thumping away, and praying that the second sac is just a little behind, and a hider!, and when you get your next scan you see a second little bub in there.

Maybesoon, I can hardly eat anything at all at the minute. My appetite is just zero. I eat dinner etc with my husband, but have been cooking a lot less for me, and still can't finish it.

:sick: I am not feeling well at all today. I'm extremely tired, i have a weird metallic like taste in my mouth I can't get rid of, my mouth is constantly watering, i have heartburn, I have weird twinges and cramps, I feel SO restless.... I could go on and on! *sigh* I think I just needed to vent.

I am SOO happy and excited about this pregnancy, but then feel bad when I moan and complain about ms, but it's really tough sometimes! I'm not used to this at all...I know it will pass, but sometimes it's really tough!

Anyway, on a better note...I'm 9 weeks now and I have first appointment with my midwife tomorrow. Not sure what all to expect, they just stated it would take about an hour. I'm pretty sure I'm not getting a scan because they've already scheduled one in 3 weeks. Still excited to talk with her though and ask her all the questions I have!

kristy and doggylover I'm not really sure what I'm hoping for! I know twins would be a world of who knows what and one healthy baby is really all DH and I were hoping for. We were planning on trying next month on our honeymoon (5 year anniversary), but looks like we got lucky 4 weeks ahead of time :) It is still really early, but the nurse at the midwives didn't sound terribly hopeful. I asked her if there was any chance that the second sac just hadn't shown a fetus yet and she was pretty much set in saying "if you have a pole in one sac, you should definitely have a pole in the other, its not viable". I called my OBGYN friend who said, "that's not really true, but do you really want twins?" Nope, I'm not really sure I want twins - BUT i don't like thinking i've already lost a baby and i'm only 6 weeks in. :growlmad: Oh well, let's see what Mother Nature has in store for me. I have my next scan on September 6th (about 2 weeks away) and we'll definitely know more about the two sac situation then. :thumbup:

Had my 1st OB appt and u/s today. Baby is measuring spot on with my ovulation date so April 11th it is! :happydance: Heartbeat is 149. I've totally convinced myself we have a boy brewing.:haha:

In not good news, I apparently have a humongous cyst on my left ovary. It was nearly 4 times the size of my pregnant uterus! The u/s tech made a pretty big deal over how big it is and went on and on about how I must have an amazing pain threshold because I should be in agonizing pain with the size of the cyst. :wacko: :dohh:Really terrifies me it's going to rupture and send me to the ER. But, the silver lining is that I get another ultrasound and peek at baby at 12 weeks so they can check the cyst! :thumbup:

Dear all,

Update:
went for 6 weeks scan. discovered have something called Subchorionic Hematoma which is bleeding beside the gest. sac. BB is fine with heartbeat and all. It is the bleeding that makes me worried. In addition doctor also mentioned that the placenta, 20% of it has not fully attached to the uterus wall. I am currently under progesterone therapy, an injection a week to strengthen the pregnancy. Will be seeing the doctor this Friday. Wish me all the best!

Dear all,

Update:
went for 6 weeks scan. discovered have something called Subchorionic Hematoma which is bleeding beside the gest. sac. BB is fine with heartbeat and all. It is the bleeding that makes me worried. In addition doctor also mentioned that the placenta, 20% of it has not fully attached to the uterus wall. I am currently under progesterone therapy, an injection a week to strengthen the pregnancy. Will be seeing the doctor this Friday. Wish me all the best!

SCH's are really common. So hopefully all is well. Also vitamin can help the placenta attach by softening the tissues. I take it every pg, but you just dont want to take itnear delivery.

Hi! So I just had my scan done and everything is great. No idea why I have been getting pain in one side but it must just be stretching or unrelated. I got to see my little beans heart beating!! So exciting. I'm measuring 6 weeks and 6 days. So EDD has changed from the 18th to the 17th, lol. Babys heartbeat is 128bpm.:happydance:
Has anyone else had an internal scan? Had one today... how uncomfortable!:wacko:

Attachments

• NICHOLLSKRISTY20120828115156955.jpg
    NICHOLLSKRISTY20120828115156955.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 18
Kristy- yep, had one today. But today for me is yesterday for you. :haha: I knew what to expect, though, since I had one at 12 weeks with dd.

Kristy- yep, had one today. But today for me is yesterday for you. :haha: I knew what to expect, though, since I had one at 12 weeks with dd.

LOL, The times are bit confusing. We are all on different time.
I wasn't sure what to expect and didn't like that it was a male sonographer but I'm happy I did it because the picture was so much clearer and dating is more acurate. How did your scan go?

Congratulations! but wait - internal scan?? is that what they do at 6 weeks? i have my 6 week scan on Thursday, have to drink a litre of water beforehand. i just assumed it would be a normal scan!

your image is amazing! you can see the little baby it's so incredible i can't wait!!!

Congratulations! but wait - internal scan?? is that what they do at 6 weeks? i have my 6 week scan on Thursday, have to drink a litre of water beforehand. i just assumed it would be a normal scan!

your image is amazing! you can see the little baby it's so incredible i can't wait!!!

Thanks, it was so exciting and I can't stop looking at the pics!!

Lol, Don't stress because you more than likely wouldn't need an internal. This is my fourth and the first time I have ever had one but I think its because I was told last pregnancy that I have a tilted uterus (due to previous pregnancies) so its a bit harder to see. I bet your excited for your scan!! And I am sure it will just be a normal scan! Goodluck and I hope you get a picture to post too. Love seeing ultrasound pics!

With my 6 week u/s with DD1, we got a clear enough image/sound with an abdominal u/s that we didn't need to try internal. But here, it's standard to start with abdominal and move to internal if needed...they generally let you empty your bladder in between.

Thank you! very excited, Thursday can't come quick enough! I will def put up a picture!

Funny how everywhere does scans differently, here before 9 weeks is internal scans no matter how slim a person is.

Beautiful scan piccy

Has anyone already got to the point that they can't lay on their stomach? I'm only in my 9th week and baby is still so small but it makes me feel so sick laying on my tummy now and its uncomfortable.

Hope your all well xx

I'm only 7 weeks tomorrow but it already hurts when I lay on my stomach. I have a habit of rolling onto my stomach in my sleep and when I wake in the morning it hurts. I didn't have this in previous pregnancies though. I swear I'm feeling everything sooner and worse this time around, lol.

I'm feeling very crampy. I wonder if that is normal after an internal scan? I assume thats what its from.:shrug:

Ive had an internal scan.. YUK!

i can still sleep in my belly, but is a tad sore.. OMG 9wks

MY TICKER IS FINALLY A BABY :) YAY

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back