April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Lish Congrats!!!!

And I agrree doggylover your boss sounds great!!!! I'm my own boss but my clients are less than understanding!!!

Awww... thanks guys. Between having the official date and having today be the first full day of school, I got kids on the brain right now! :D

I have tender, slightly sore breasts. Yay! At least that gives me ONE way to feel different. LOL Though I'm pretty certain that the only reason I feel it is because this is only the 2nd out of my 11 pregnancies that I haven't been nursing during.

Hello all, I'm due around mid April :) congrats to you all.

Had a really anxious day to day, so just wanted to vent: I had a scheduled Doctors appointment this morning to check some moles, which was convenient as last night I has some pains on the lower right hand side of my abdomen (I'm 7+2). They weren't cramps as such, more dull ache turning into a sharp shooting pain, which was made worse as I had constipation yesterday. I thought I should mention it to the doctor as the pain was where I had a hernia as a child. I mentioned to him that I was pregnant and he didn't know this as the midwife had not passed this information on. All he did was ask me to lie down, touched my stomach and asked me to cough so he could test for hernia. He didn't ask me any pregnancy related questions, like how far along I am, any bleeding etc. He didn't even ask me how painful the pain was. I mentioned to him that I would run it by the mid-wife and he said okay then and told me that pregnancy couldn't cause a hernia. That was it.
Anyway I left a message for the mid-wife but she hasn't called me back. The pain has subsided to more of a dull ache anyway now, but I just find that the NHS in the UK are not exactly re-assuring. I haven't been to the doctors for over two years so it's not like i'm a regular there! I haven't been provided with any information on what is or is not normal in pregnancy - I presume we are just expected to do our own research these days.
Anyway, I've been so anxious, and have heard that in my area that some aren't getting their first appointment and scan until 13 - 15 weeks. I just cannot wait that long. I've therefore scheduled a private scan for a week tomorrow. The private hospital were so nice and re-assuring, and I'm lucky that my mum has said she'll pay for the scan as a Bday pressie for me. It's £95 which is expensive, but will be worth the re-assurance i'm sure.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Hi amanda hmmm well yes i find they are soooooo disorgansied, they did send me for an early scan as i've had previous losses BUT i had to contact midwiffe, pester for info and demand bloods. I'm in wales too! Are you north or south?

Hi amanda hmmm well yes i find they are soooooo disorgansied, they did send me for an early scan as i've had previous losses BUT i had to contact midwiffe, pester for info and demand bloods. I'm in wales too! Are you north or south?

Hello, I'm South Wales, Pembrokeshire way, but will be moving to mid Wales in a month or so fingers crossed. I wanted to ask the doctor more questions, but i'm paranoid about annoying them.

Had my 1st OB appt and u/s today. Baby is measuring spot on with my ovulation date so April 11th it is! :happydance: Heartbeat is 149. I've totally convinced myself we have a boy brewing.:haha:

In not good news, I apparently have a humongous cyst on my left ovary. It was nearly 4 times the size of my pregnant uterus! The u/s tech made a pretty big deal over how big it is and went on and on about how I must have an amazing pain threshold because I should be in agonizing pain with the size of the cyst. :wacko: :dohh:Really terrifies me it's going to rupture and send me to the ER. But, the silver lining is that I get another ultrasound and peek at baby at 12 weeks so they can check the cyst! :thumbup:
Littlespy, I'm so sorry. I am prone to cysts. In fact I had to have emergency surgery when I was 25 due to 2 on my right ovary being so large my ovary started twisting losing blood flow & I almost lost it. The doctor couldn't believe that I really wasn't hurting as bad as they felt I should have been. Since then I was averaging around 8-9 cysts a year until my current obgyn gave me the mirena implant. I had it for 2 years & didn't have a cyst at all after about the first 3 months. It was amazing.

I went for blood work this am to follow up from my ER visit on Sunday. I'm still spotting, but my doctor thinks that I may have had a cyst on my left ovary burst. Funny how I can usually tell I have one but this time I wasn't sure because of the pregnancy. But all the twinges, pains, aches & everything I have had while being pregnant were on my left side near my ovary. Well, since I left the ER on Sunday I haven't had a single twinge, ache or pain at all.....

Hope everyone has a great day. Impatiently waiting on my doc to call with my blood results....

noooo bug them i did!! I'm near camarthan - small world! lol definately make a list of questions for when you next speak to midwife ...they are much better than the doctors!! Luckily my gp has been ok so far.

Littlespy that sounds painful fx all is ok for you!! and enjoy your extra peeks at your precious bean :)

I think my cravings have gone, has anyone else's?
I do fancy beans on toast though, but not exactly a craving, maybe a one off, and also soup and toast, but again, not really a craving, more a fancy lol.

Although I really do want the above........ what's considered a craving, and a fancy? lol. I'd imagine the one offs are a fancy, and a craving is wanted all the time till satisfied?

My thirst is mad though, I am very thirsty all the time, I've taken a liking to the fruity teas, the cranberry and orange one is lovely, and a godsend since I've gone completely off tea and coffee

Hope your all well xx :hugs:

Hey Lady,

I'm glad your cravings have subsided!

I just wanted to give you heads up on the fruit teas... the PG books that I have provide a list of ingredients to avoid in herbal teas (which sadly seems to eliminate just about all of them!), so I wanted to pass them along so you can decide if they're right for you: Anise, Catnip, Chamomile, Ephedra, Lemongrass, Mugwort, Raspberry leaf, Hibiscus, Rosemary, Sage, and Stinging Nettle Leaf. It notes that in small quantities they're probably fine, but they do have a nasty history for PG mum's.

If you find a good one please let me know!! I've been trolling the grocery stores with my little "no-no list" trying to find something that works which also doesn't sound terrible. :dohh:

I think this one might be OK xx

Attachments

• 305098_408638362527691_398050381_n.jpg
    305098_408638362527691_398050381_n.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 2
Nimbec yay for raspberrys and scans!!! :happydance: fingers tightly crossed that everything goes well for us both (and dan-o) tomorrow. I'm not ashamed to admit I am absolutely petrified they will give us bad news.

And yep, my boss is a great guy. When I had my mc in jan he told me to go home and not think about coming back until I was ready, and today he said whatever I need just to let him know. He's very considerate and kind. Everyone else at work hates him though :haha: he's only been with us a year and they are many *******s (excuse my language!)

Gosh, I am just praying so hard this baby sticks. Last night on the drive home from my parents, my oldest daughter, who has been talking a LOT about babies with her younger sister lately, said, "Mom, I don't think you are going to have any more babies." :( I asked her why and she said because the last one went to Heaven and there haven't been any more (they don't know about any of our other MANY losses). That makes me so sad. We have so desperately wanted each of our babies, and I want them to have another sibling so badly. They all adore babies and it's so hard to see them fall in love with OTHER peoples babies when I know they should have had their own many times now. I just pray pray pray that this is it.

Gosh, I am just praying so hard this baby sticks. Last night on the drive home from my parents, my oldest daughter, who has been talking a LOT about babies with her younger sister lately, said, "Mom, I don't think you are going to have any more babies." :( I asked her why and she said because the last one went to Heaven and there haven't been any more (they don't know about any of our other MANY losses). That makes me so sad. We have so desperately wanted each of our babies, and I want them to have another sibling so badly. They all adore babies and it's so hard to see them fall in love with OTHER peoples babies when I know they should have had their own many times now. I just pray pray pray that this is it.

:hugs: sending lots of :dust: your way, and hoping your daughters get the little baby they would love in 8 months time

aww so sad :( from the mouths of babes eh.

I hope this is it for you!! xx

awww.... Sending you lots of :dust: that this little bean is sticky!!!

Has anyone else experienced the problem of wanting something particular to eat, and so you make it, and then when you sit down to eat it, you don't really want it anymore?? :dohh:

All morning I couldn't wait to have a chicken caeser wrap for lunch, and even while I was cooking it I was looking forward to it. And then when it was done and I was putting it together, and sat down to eat it... I realized I didn't really want to eat it. But I ate it anyway because I had already made it!

I change my mind before usually, but have occasionally made something and thought urgh why did I make that?? lol, my usual response now seems to be "it skinks!" :blush: lol your wrap sounds good!

readytomum this is exactly me!! xx

Elohcin I hope your little girls get the little brother or sister they are wishing for xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->