April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Ukgirl I just can't figure out what the heck I want. I think through a whole list of stuff and some I am immediately "ugh NO!" and others I have no feeling on, but then if I go for it I just eat a few bites. I just cant find what it is I want! Even my favourite things usually...don't want them. It's so irritating!!!

readytomum that's exactly how I was for the first 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant!!! It's like I couldn't figure out just what it was my baby was wanting. Then came the spicy. All I want is hot sauce!!! But this week I don't have an appetite hardly at all. I'm still trying to eat but when I force feed myself (because I'm just not hungry at all) I start getting sick to my stomach. So I'm at a loss right now. Force feed myself & vomit or don't eat???

Good news is, I spoke to my nurse at my obgyn's office this afternoon. My blood work came back great & right on track. They are leaving my ultrasound set for September 13th so hopefully we can hear my little bean's heartbeat!!! They think the bleeding was from a cyst bursting on my left ovary. Which makes perfect sense to me. They said to take it easy & NO BDing until I go back on the 13th. But if the bleeding gets worse to call & they will see me right away.

Nimbec yay for raspberrys and scans!!! :happydance: fingers tightly crossed that everything goes well for us both (and dan-o) tomorrow. I'm not ashamed to admit I am absolutely petrified they will give us bad news.
)

Not long now!!!!! Eeek!
Nervous about bad news but excited in the case of good!!

Fingers crossed for celebrations all round!!

Hopefully less than 12 hours!! I have a full bloodwork and stuff to do, but am hoping the scan is first to put my mind at ease!

Thank you! I hope tomorrow I have a little pic of my raspberry to show you all. [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

Ukgirl I just can't figure out what the heck I want. I think through a whole list of stuff and some I am immediately "ugh NO!" and others I have no feeling on, but then if I go for it I just eat a few bites. I just cant find what it is I want! Even my favourite things usually...don't want them. It's so irritating!!!

yup I'm exactly the same, but once I start eating I cant stop then I feel like poo again after :( lol

Good luck on your scan tomorrow hun, I can not wait to see your little raspberry xx

Good luck to everyone having scans tomorrow! Can't wait to hear your good news.

My first scan is Thursday and I'm really nervous. It was my first scan of my last pregnancy (which ended in mc) where things first started to go wrong- measuring 2 weeks behind- so I'm really hoping everything will be right on track for this pregnancy. Nothing to do now but wait for my appointment and worry.

My first scan is Thursday and I'm really nervous. It was my first scan of my last pregnancy (which ended in mc) where things first started to go wrong- measuring 2 weeks behind- so I'm really hoping everything will be right on track for this pregnancy. Nothing to do now but wait for my appointment and worry.

Mine is Thursday too and the wait is driving me crazy. (similar past experiences)

Am I the only one who does not get to see a midwife or have a scan until 12 weeks ...... I have not even had an appointment through yet. I did call the hospital today and I was told it would be around 1st October....I can't wait that long :(. I am thinking of paying for a private early pregnancy scan £55 it will cost, does anyone have any experience of this?

bitsysarah -- I didn't have an appointment or u/s until 12 weeks with dd. Trust me when I say the u/s is MUCH more awesome and interesting then! :thumbup: This one was pretty boring, honestly. Reassuring, sure, but I had no legitimate reason to be concerned in the first place. I personally think you should save your money for an early sexing scan or a cool 3d/4d one in 3rd tri.

The u/s at 12 weeks is so much cooler I'm almost happy to have a monster-sized cyst so that they feel it necessary to give me another then. :haha:

My first scan is on Friday! And I'm starting to get a little antsy waiting for it...

Good luck to all the ladies who have them coming up in the next couple of days! :hugs:

And for anyone needing a bit of a laugh, here's a story of my own stupidity to cheer you up: DH and I went to go play tennis this evening, and a friend was meeting us there to play some frisbee afterwards. So we finished our tennis and we were heading over to say hello. Our friend has a thing about knives and whittling stuff and making things, so it wasn't very surprising to see him sitting on the bench with his knife out carving this stick think. When he saw us walking over he held it up and said, "Guess what this is?" just as I was taking a drink of water... and for some reason the way he said it combined with the gesture made me start laughing and instantly start choking on my water. I was sputtering for a good few minutes trying to regain my airways, and the laughing/coughing made me pee myself a bit. :dohh: Time to start doing kegels!

Can i ask what everyone is doing about exercise??

i normally go to the gym on my lunchbreak4-5 times a week cos my job is boring and in the middle of nowhere so i just eat my lunch at my desk while i 'work'. (or go on forums heehee!)

but since my implantation bleeding i haven't been going as much. first because i didn't want to do anything to prevent the little thing from sticking and then because i was unsure what was safe. now i've spoken to my gym instructor i know what i can do. but it's a question of whether i should.

today i planned to go but was very sick in the morning so thought i'd work through and go home early. then i felt better so i planned to go. but then i came over all tired. i'm unsure if that was just me not being bothered or my body telling me i should take it easy.

part of me feels guilty for not going because a little exercise is good and if it's what i normally do i should keep doing it right? perhaps i should just go and do a brisk walk on the treadmill so i can get out the office?

part of me also thinks just to back off until my scan tomorrow as maybe once i know everything is ok i won't be afraid of exercising.

what are your thoughts? and how much do you exercise? do you think it's beneficial in the 1st trimester or not, should we be resting as much as possible?

Lol readytomum that is funny!!

My scan isnt until after 12 weeks so either 13 or 14 weeks depending on how quickly we get in there after our initial appointment.

As for exercise with my first pregnancy I done a lot of walking and with my second I went to the gym but only after the first trimester. mainly because I was too scared to go then. but I could still use a lot of equipment. get a trainer there to show you which to use and which settings to go on :)

Well I just woke up craving milk :/ Im convinced its another boy for me. all my cravings and ms are the same as with my son.

Can i ask what everyone is doing about exercise??

i normally go to the gym on my lunchbreak4-5 times a week cos my job is boring and in the middle of nowhere so i just eat my lunch at my desk while i 'work'. (or go on forums heehee!)

but since my implantation bleeding i haven't been going as much. first because i didn't want to do anything to prevent the little thing from sticking and then because i was unsure what was safe. now i've spoken to my gym instructor i know what i can do. but it's a question of whether i should.

today i planned to go but was very sick in the morning so thought i'd work through and go home early. then i felt better so i planned to go. but then i came over all tired. i'm unsure if that was just me not being bothered or my body telling me i should take it easy.

part of me feels guilty for not going because a little exercise is good and if it's what i normally do i should keep doing it right? perhaps i should just go and do a brisk walk on the treadmill so i can get out the office?

part of me also thinks just to back off until my scan tomorrow as maybe once i know everything is ok i won't be afraid of exercising.

what are your thoughts? and how much do you exercise? do you think it's beneficial in the 1st trimester or not, should we be resting as much as possible?

I trained 3 times a week but am holding off until second tri getting into lighter exercise when you should feel better. I didn't realise I was pg at first and was still training but couldn't understand why I was struggling so I figured my body was telling me to chill once I knew. It's certainly something yOur personally okay with I think though, you here of some people doing all the way through. X

Welcome to the new ladies :wave:

Good luck with the pending scans ladies :flower:

In terms of exercise all I do is walk with our dogs, a couple of miles each evening. But if I haven't felt up to it, then I leave it to dh. That said I usually feel a lot better when we are out walking, but I have noticed I walk much more slowly, and get tired much more quickly. I'm sure our dogs are thinking all sorts of horrible thoughts since their walks are getting cut short! :haha:

Hopefully be back with good news later....fingers crossed!

Good luck nimbec and dan-o for today! Looking forward to hearing all your news!

And good luck to everyone else who is having scans this week - there seem to be quite a few!!!

Yey Doggylover and dano it's scan day! Infact I think both of you will have had yours by now please let us know how they went!! So sorry I wasn't on early to wish you luck I'm feeling really really poorly today to the extreme that I don't know how I'm going to cope with the 1.30hr car journey to the scan :( plan to take a carrier bag!! I normally get worse in afternoon but woke up horrid this morning infact still in bed can't face getting up :(

Hope everyone is ok!! Catch up with you all later x

Aww nimbec sorry you are feeling crap :hugs: hopefully once you see your baba you'll feel much better!

https://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p568/sljay1/17133cb1e2fe7a5b41188587caed7316.jpg

Had my booking in appointment and my scan, which went well! Not a great picture, and i cant make out anything unless my dh points it outs (a lot like the episode of friends with rachel and ross!) saw a heartbeat and I am actually measuring ahead at 8+6!!!!!! But I'll keep my dates the same until my next scan...in two weeks!

I'm so pleased...I cried just from sheer relief when she found the heartbeat! And we decided on a bump name...Bruce!

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->