April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Hey everyone :) loving your pic doggylover so happy that all is going well for you!!

Im craving curry and mexican foods :/

I fear that I have turned into one of those annoying pregnant women who talk endlessly about my symptoms to people who just smile and nod politely occassionally putting in experiences of their own.... I also have become a walking grease bucket....
ukgirl.... Feel free to share share share here. I love hearing all about everyone else's symptoms, etc. right now. That way if/when I have them it won't freak me out!!! I am finding that sharing this with all of you ladies is making it much easier (as a first timer) and pretty fun!

Congrats on the beautiful scan, doggylover. Dan-o-great to hear the exciting news! :happydance:

Speaking of exercise, I exercised before falling pg, mostly running. But since I have not done much at all--not been feeling at the top of my game. I have not told work yet that I am pg and yesterday a coworker who knows I run came in my office and told me she signed me up for their 5K race on Sept. 15... I guess we'll see how that goes. It may turn into more of a walk for me.. :dohh:

Even though I still feel a bit nauseous I can't help myself from thinking what if I have a mmc and my body just doesn't realize it yet... that freaks me out. I can't wait for my scan on Sept. 13 where I will be able to find out if everything is okay.
On the otherhand, I ordered a doppler yesterday and hopefully it will be here by the end of the week or early next week! One question about that--I have a tilted uterus so I am wondering if that means it will be harder to hear baby's heart beat on the doppler?

On the plus side-I am at an olive today!!! :happydance:

All I want to eat right now is hummus and pitas (haven't had any yet but will be going to the store on my lunch break to buy some!). And veggie lasagna with white sauce... will also be buying those ingredients. :haha:

This baby is a serious meat-hater. :wacko: I'm just happy to be craving some vegetables. Could hardly choke them down 1st tri with dd.

All I'm thinking about right now is Veggie lasagna! lol! goodness that sounds lovely!

Aww littlespy sounds like a vegatarian baby then!!

Im sweating too mainly in social gatherings and when I eat.. our washing machine broke yeaterday and we have 3 clean towels left which are wet so I have to wait :(

Its been raining all day here. Florida is soooo tempting.

and yes it took me longer than expected to get my bean so I guess if I want to talk about it to my friends I should... I have to listen to their stuff often enough! :p

yep, That's the same with me. For years I have listened to all my friends and family go on & on about their pregnancies & kids. I fee like it's finally my turn & maybe they should be a little more excited for me than they act. But oh well.... I have you ladies here who understand how exciting it is to be a first time mom after trying for so long!!!

Hey everyone :) loving your pic doggylover so happy that all is going well for you!!

Im craving curry and mexican foods :/

I fear that I have turned into one of those annoying pregnant women who talk endlessly about my symptoms to people who just smile and nod politely occassionally putting in experiences of their own.... I also have become a walking grease bucket....
ukgirl.... Feel free to share share share here. I love hearing all about everyone else's symptoms, etc. right now. That way if/when I have them it won't freak me out!!! I am finding that sharing this with all of you ladies is making it much easier (as a first timer) and pretty fun!

awww thank you and I will I love hearing how everyone else is feeling and how we are all getting on, it makes me feel normal at a time where everything is so uncertain and abnormal with our bodies. If it wasn't for ladies here I would be freaking out at some of the thing I have experienced and I have 2 kids already, you would think I would be ok with the 1st trimester now but nope lol :blush:

All I'm thinking about right now is Veggie lasagna! lol! goodness that sounds lovely!

Well, you're welcome to come over for dinner tonight but I'm afraid it's quite a long trip from Scotland to South Carolina! :haha:

Congrats on the beautiful scan, doggylover. Dan-o-great to hear the exciting news! :happydance:

Speaking of exercise, I exercised before falling pg, mostly running. But since I have not done much at all--not been feeling at the top of my game. I have not told work yet that I am pg and yesterday a coworker who knows I run came in my office and told me she signed me up for their 5K race on Sept. 15... I guess we'll see how that goes. It may turn into more of a walk for me.. :dohh:

I had just started training for a half-marathon before I became pregnant with dd. I was working on the 4-mile distance hurdle at the time (so I had a lot of work to do!). I couldn't run past 9 weeks -- just got too hard and I was too afraid to push it because my OB had freaked me out with the "don't let you heartrate stay over 140bpm" BS. I explained to her I don't even start getting out of breath until I sustain around 180bpm but she scared me into being way overly cautious. I've decided this pregnancy I'm not going to wear my HR monitor so I won't know what my heartrate is while exercising. As long as I can breathe comfortably, I'm going to keep going.

I have a friend who ran a 5k last year at 28 weeks pregnant!

Hey girls! Sorry havent been on lately! Hope everyone is doing well!!!!!

Afm- went and got our first scan yest at 8w6d....LO measured 8w3d so right on track! Heart rate was 177bpm!!! Hearing it was amazing!!!! Sadly we only got 2 pics from it bc the tech was "holding it wrong" (seriously????? Lol)....the doctor came in and also found an ovarian cyst :( i had to keep myself from crying-i automatically assume the worst....he said its small and should be ok but then i cam home and googled it and found people needing surgery for it :( so nervous!!!
I am so thankful for the nausea medicine my doctor gave me- its amazing!!!! Lol

Well then that makes me feel a ton better that you have 2 kiddos already. This will be my DH's third baby & since he now thinks he's a pro every time I say something about anything to do with my pregnancy his response is "it's fine, your fine, it's normal".... UGH! Glad he knows everything there is to know about being pregnant cause this is all new to me & I'm not that confident!!!!

This is my 5th and I'm no pro lol, my hubby is calm and relaxed lol he knows all hehe xx

Heya ladies,

Lovely scans and glad all went well :flower:

I'll be popping into a different group today, had an emergency scan as yesterday I had some spotting, all is well though, saw LO and their hear beat. Everything seems fine with me so just some unexplained bleeding, but AF is usually around now and life has been hectic, I have taken t.hings easy since as well.

We are measuring 10 weeks and 3 days, due date is 24th March!

Wishing you all the very best, I may keep stalking to see how you all are! x

Hi everyone Doggylover and Dano yey to scans and pic looks fab doggylover. Well im home from mine and my little bean is perfect!! found him/her straight away on abdominal us great hb and measuring 8+4 one day ahead :) I'll post a piccy later!! I'm soooooooo happy!!!! I don't get another scan now until 12-14 weeks so going to be a long wait! I may try and persuade oh to let us have a private one ;)

Ttcjones glad to hear you are feeling better, just out of interest what did they give you? as i'm really suffering!!

Hope everyone is ok!

Hey!! Had another scan today. I found out I'm 6 weeks+1 as I expected. Lil bean is measuring 3.8mm and we were finally able to hear a heart beat! DH cried and all...it was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. I have another scan in 2 weeks...cant wait!!

https://i50.tinypic.com/zswmsh.jpg

Hey!! Had another scan today. I found out I'm 6 weeks+1 as I expected. Lil bean is measuring 3.8mm and we were finally able to hear a heart beat! DH cried and all...it was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. I have another scan in 2 weeks...cant wait!!

https://i50.tinypic.com/zswmsh.jpg
awww awesome Molly! Congrats!!! Love the pic!!!

I think I may have posted in here awhile back but went to the April buddy group in the BG forum. It hasn't been very active so I may start posting here more.

I have my 1st appt. with my NP today but no scan. I am hoping everything is good so far but would've loved the reassurance of a scan.

Nimbec yay!! So so glad the scan went well! So relieved for all of us scan ladies today! Fings crossed everyone else having a scan soon gets good news too!

Mollymalone your scan pic looks great! Congrats!

Great day for scans!

Amazing news on all the positive scans today!!

Nimbec, so pleased all is well, look forward to the pic!

Kte, congrats on being bumped up!!

Molly, wonderful pic, ours looked very similar and a similar size too! So cute!

Ukgirl, I have caught your curry craving and eaten half a jar of hot lime pickle :haha: tasted wonderful, but boy do I feel sick now lol :dohh:

Littlespy, sorry to hear about your cyst, I hope it starts to go down a bit now!

Hey girls! Sorry havent been on lately! Hope everyone is doing well!!!!!

Afm- went and got our first scan yest at 8w6d....LO measured 8w3d so right on track! Heart rate was 177bpm!!! Hearing it was amazing!!!! Sadly we only got 2 pics from it bc the tech was "holding it wrong" (seriously????? Lol)....the doctor came in and also found an ovarian cyst :( i had to keep myself from crying-i automatically assume the worst....he said its small and should be ok but then i cam home and googled it and found people needing surgery for it :( so nervous!!!
I am so thankful for the nausea medicine my doctor gave me- its amazing!!!! Lol

Ovarian cysts are quite normal and common, according to my u/s tech. She said corpus leutum cysts even produce hormones for baby until placenta takes over, so not a bad thing! Of course, she said this while going on and on about how huge my cyst is, but... yeah. So, don't worry about it until there's actually something to worry about! She said the kind I have normally resolve themselves. But mine is "so big" I have to have another u/s at 12 weeks (normally wouldn't get another until 20) to check it. :thumbup: From what I could tell, mine is like 4 times the size of my uterus right now. Very big (So big I should name it, according to the u/s tech I saw on Monday). It's freaky, but I'm not in pain and baby has plenty of room to grow right now so I just can't worry about it right now.

My husband made a good point -- if it was a really huge concern, they wouldn't let me go for a whole month without checking it or seeing me in the office. They just told me to call if I started having pain on the left and sent me on my way with my baby pictures.

lol dan-o I had coronation chicken for breakfast! mmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->