April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

this trimester is such a rollercoaster ride don't you think? I wontbe happy until I get my scan in october :( x
ukgirl... I honestly don't think I will relax until I'm holding my little bean in my arms. I've wanted a baby for so long & all through the horrid ttc time I kept thinking to myself "once I'm really pregnant I will be happy & relaxed & enjoy it). BAHAHAHA was I crazy for thinking that. Now all I can think about constantly is "is my little bean ok, why don't I feel more pregnant, shouldn't I be having pains (but when I did have them I was worried they meant something was wrong)... I've decided I'm completely crazy & won't be happy til I know my baby is safe.

Maybe soon my SIL says it only gets worse when the baby arrives as there are so many things that can happen out in the world!! :dohh: what have we let ourselves in for?! A lifetime of worry!

this trimester is such a rollercoaster ride don't you think? I wontbe happy until I get my scan in october :( x
ukgirl... I honestly don't think I will relax until I'm holding my little bean in my arms. I've wanted a baby for so long & all through the horrid ttc time I kept thinking to myself "once I'm really pregnant I will be happy & relaxed & enjoy it). BAHAHAHA was I crazy for thinking that. Now all I can think about constantly is "is my little bean ok, why don't I feel more pregnant, shouldn't I be having pains (but when I did have them I was worried they meant something was wrong)... I've decided I'm completely crazy & won't be happy til I know my baby is safe.

Maybe soon my SIL says it only gets worse when the baby arrives as there are so many things that can happen out in the world!! :dohh: what have we let ourselves in for?! A lifetime of worry!

My Mum was around the other day worrying about me, and I'm 30! :haha:

Hope you are all well ladies :flower:

I think I am the same I think I'll worry until the end lol... I have had 2 kids so I thought I would feel much more secure, but my last 2 children were conceived very easily, my son was conceived while I was on the pill so I never really worried so much, but this little one took a while to come to us and I'm worried that because we took so long getting our bfp that I can't relax lol.. it's a stupid theory I guess.

Littlespy I dont understand why they moved us... we are in first trimester so shouldnt we be able to post in there as a group? and when we get to 12 weeks wouldnt we then post in second trimester? I'm confuddled :p x

I think I am the same I think I'll worry until the end lol... I have had 2 kids so I thought I would feel much more secure, but my last 2 children were conceived very easily, my son was conceived while I was on the pill so I never really worried so much, but this little one took a while to come to us and I'm worried that because we took so long getting our bfp that I can't relax lol.. it's a stupid theory I guess.

Littlespy I dont understand why they moved us... we are in first trimester so shouldnt we be able to post in there as a group? and when we get to 12 weeks wouldnt we then post in second trimester? I'm confuddled :p x

In my old group they moved us so that it was just one big thread. I prefer it that way, the March lot have just split up and half the group have gone into a new thread in 2nd tri already, the rest of us just abandoned! Its odd. At least this way you all get to stick together through the whole thing :flower:

I just figured out how to use my user cp :haha: soi can keep up to date with you guys there!

Kte, I think my mum is actually worrying more about me again now that I'm pregnant!! Although I'm glad to have her fussing over me! I guess mums are always mums and the baby of the family is always the baby!!

well my 2 at the moment are 4 and 6 years old and your SIL is absolutely right, as they get older there are just new things to worry about! my daughter had her first sleep over last weekend at her best friends house round the corner from our home and I woke up every hour checking my phone lol.. it's crazy how fast they grow up too! It was 5 years ago almost that my son was born but it feels like he is still mummies little baby boy.. it's like before you know it they are off to school and out in the world, my friend calls it a mothers angst, worrying about everything lol x

Apparently this mothers angst starts as soon as you get the BFP and never goes away....

Now I'm terrified!!!

lol if it wasn't for my user CP I'd never be able to keep up with my stuff!!!

And yes, I have already decided I'm going to be that mom who stands over her baby all night making sure it's still breathing. I've waited too long & tried too hard for this day... I keep telling my DH I don't think I will sleep for the first year.

oooh I get it Kte!! then yeh it is good we were moved so we can stick it out together to the end :)

I can not wait to reach that 12 week mark and see my little bean(s?).. counting down the days is hard but luckily when the kids go back to school the days should go by quicker as I will have a distraction :D

omg I remember when my daughter was born she would not sleep through the night for months!! one morning I woke up and it was morning and she was silent in her crib, I have never gotten out of bed faster in my whole life... she was just there snoozing away happily and I was there freaking out because she hadnt woken me up all night lol..

These stories are why I'm getting a breathing matt AND a clip on breathing monitor :haha: I'll be a mess otherwise!

omg I remember when my daughter was born she would not sleep through the night for months!! one morning I woke up and it was morning and she was silent in her crib, I have never gotten out of bed faster in my whole life... she was just there snoozing away happily and I was there freaking out because she hadnt woken me up all night lol..
oh wow! I can't imagine how fast your heart must have been racing! I would total freak. What makes it worse is my DH works as a supervisor in our 911 center & 2 days after my BFP a lady called in, her 3 month old wasn't breathing. He had already passed & the autopsy came back SIDS! I had nightmares about it for a few nights. I think that is one of the worst things that can happen to a new mom. There is no rhyme or reason for it & you never get any answers...

I have heard those stories too, I'm practicing to be a nurse so I know a little bit but I try not to think about it. I think the most people can do is go for a baby first aid class because if your baby does stop breathing or chokes you know what to do and can help your baby until help comes.

lol doggylover after a month or 2 it gets easier. I havent heard of a breathing mat and clip on monitor before, I co-slept with both my babies for the first 6 months xx

My bff is giving me her camera monitor! It's totally awesome, you can see & hear everything that goes on in that crib. Of course, my little bean will be sleeping right next to my bed for at least the first couple of months!!!

My Lo slept downstairs in her moses basket during the day where I was, or next to the bed in another moses basket - that was a little higher than the bed as I was paranoid the bed covers would fall into it! Argh, just remembered I sold my old sound monitor! Doh!!

lol doggylover after a month or 2 it gets easier. I havent heard of a breathing mat and clip on monitor before, I co-slept with both my babies for the first 6 months xx

My bro and SIL had a breathing mat.mit goes under the moses basket/cot mattress and registers every time the baby moves at all, including breathing. So it beeps every time there is movement (a quiet beep, which becomes background noise) and then if there is no movement for 20 seconds it sounds an alarm. The idea being the alarm would sound aft 20 seconds of no breathing which would be time to get to the baby and start CPR if needed. The clip on works in the same way, except it attaches to the babies nappy and registers breathing (snuza go is the brand)

wow doggylover that sounds like an amazing life saver! I might look into the nappy clip. My OH gets up at 4am for work so I have to be mindful of keeping the room as quiet as possible so he's not a grumpy git the next day lol..

We were looking at the video monitors in babiesrus the other day and loved them, we will probably have one of those, at the moment we live in a flat though so its much cheaper to just sit with the tv down a bit and go in to check every 20 minutes lol..

You can get combined video monitors with the breathing mats, but they are pretty expensive, the snuza go is about £50 I think. I'm getting both, breathing mat for home, snuza for when we are out at other peoples houses!

I'm just looking at it on youtube it looks amazing and such a priceless thing to have too.. I am getting one for our baby :) Thank you doggylover!! :)

by the way does anyone know that in the uk when you are pregnant you are given a flu shot in winter??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->