April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

These stories are why I'm getting a breathing matt AND a clip on breathing monitor :haha: I'll be a mess otherwise!

You'll be a mess with them, too. They go off randomly if baby has moved too far over on the mattress & it can't detect the movement. :haha:

I ended up cosleeping for peace of mind, which progressed to a bedside cot. At about 8 or 9 months LO wanted to go in his own room, so I got a camera. I still creep in to check on him all the time tho!!
It's deffo true the worry gets worse when they arrive :haha:

Marymoomin! Huge congrats on the twins!!! Wow!! :cloud9:

I definitely love my video monitor!! If I really freak out, I just zoom in to find a twitch or the rise and fall of her chest (yes, even now at 13 months). :wacko:

yeah, my bff has 3 kiddos the youngest is now 6 weeks & she swears by the video! So I'm sure that will be one of the first things I purchase!!!

For anyone with a mac/iPad/iPhone you can get an apple video monitor which connects directly to all your devices so you can be on your comp and have the baby image constantly up in the corner, or on your phone etc.

Downside, as with all apple products they are pretty expensive!

went for the ultrasound and there was no heart beat, the doctor said it could still be to early to see a heart beat. he said that the gs and yolk sac had grown since last friday and he wanted me to come back in on tuesday to have another ultrasound. I am freaking out. my LMP is 5weeks and 5 days is it normal to not see a heart beat now or when should I be expecting a heart beat...

went for the ultrasound and there was no heart beat, the doctor said it could still be to early to see a heart beat. he said that the gs and yolk sac had grown since last friday and he wanted me to come back in on tuesday to have another ultrasound. I am freaking out. my LMP is 5weeks and 5 days is it normal to not see a heart beat now or when should I be expecting a heart beat...

From what I understand, it's quite common not to see a heartbeat until the 6th week. Really hoping you get great news on Tuesday! And I would think even if there's no heartbeat then, they'll check yet again in a week or two.

I heard the heart doesnt beat until after 6 weeks so dont worry its probably just too early, if the baby has grown then I'm sure all is fine xx

Yes it can be normal not to see it this early, a few days makes a huge difference. Fingers crossed for you hun, but I bet the next one will show a lovely hb xx

thank you guys it makes me feel a little better after my ectopic in april I am just going out of my mind. i was just really excited that this time the gs was in the correct place and well i just know its going to be a long wait till tuesday comes around I want to see that heart beating so bad...

As the others have said its still really early to hear a hb so don't take it as a bad sign just yet. Lots of dust your way.

I feel horrific this evening. Had to tell dh to make his own dinner as I couldn't stand the thought of eating anything. Queasy fest :(:(:(

urgh I wish I was feeling sick!! I hate feeling normal I like the reassurance while I'm gripping the sink lol... Im just drained of all energy today and struggling to eat more than one main meal a day :/

I am definitely struggling to eat as well, even when I feel fine. Have felt good all week which I think is making me feel worse now!

First U/S appointment today went great!! It was a bit of a surprise though since I got a regular U/S and an internal one too, which I wasn't expecting!

But I am happy to announce that we have a healthy little bean growing away! We were bumped up to 6w3d from 6w1d, and our new EDD is April 23rd. :happydance: Heartrate clocked in at a healthy 119.82.

I feel so relieved!! :thumbup:

awww brill news readytomum! :) xx

doggylover I hope I feel as crap as you do soon! x

Evening ladies, so much to catch up on

Mommyconfused, so sorry to hear of your loss, my heart goes out to you xx

N Gods hands, i hope you get positve news next week xx

Moomin, yay for the twins! Fab suprise!

Readytomum, so glad your scan went well!
Re the baby monitors, i never wanted a mat or camera as didnt want to make myself anymore paranoid, we have a regular monitor and its worked great with DS. To be honest, i was fairly chilled out about the whole breathing thing with him for some reason
We still use it now but will stop using it for him and use it for the new baby as and when.

Someone asked about flu jabs? Yes in the uk pregnant ladies get them free of charge.

Still feeling mega mega sick and through up every morning 1st thing yuk. Managed a plod around the zoo this afternoon but like people were saying the other day, i can no longer do supermarket shops EEEEEWWWWW!!

Is there any way to move me from the "Awaiting Date" group in the first post? Thanks a bunch!

Baby has passed. measuring 8+4 no hb

RIP to the baby I'll never meet :(

Good luck to you all

I'm so sorry hun. Nothing can make this any easier, but you are a sweet strong wise woman and will do what you know is best for yourself and your OH. :hugs: to you my darling. :kiss:

Mummyconfused Just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about your lose, thinking of you... Love and hugs honey x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->