April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Can i be removed from the list please.
All the best for your pregnancies.

I hope you are ok hun :hugs:

UKgirl, I know, I am counting down the weeks until second tri. And until I can walk into my kitchen again without being scared I'm going to hurl!

Ahhh littlespy you are scaring me!

I am burying my head in the sand about labour until...oh maybe it starts?! :haha:

I guess you should have followed directions, then! :haha:
Also, I think the best approach to labor is to be informed about what's going to happen and your options. :thumbup: You can always go in and get an epidural and you'll feel awesome pretty much the whole time!

lol littlespy! yes I have to admit the bit where they cut for the eptisomy took a long time to heal! :( was painful sitting down for a while lol! slowly does it!! :D

I didn't have an episiotomy, I just tore naturally. My OB doesn't do the epis as a general rule, unless there's a real need for them. I honestly think I would've healed better and faster with one. I wasn't released to dtd until 8 weeks postpartum and 13.5 months later, I still can't dtd without pain. :nope: Considering requesting an episiotomy this time. I'm so worried about tearing even worse now that there's tough scar tissue. Sorry if that freaks anyone out. I'm pretty sure it freaks me out more since it's my reality! :haha:

I definitely agree, I have been reading up about pain relief, natural births etc, as I think being armed with information makes every situation better! I think I am going to try and go just gas and air, but I suppose whatever happens on the day happens. If needed I would have an epidural, but it wouldn't be my first choice. I know I want to stay at home as long as possible as wellso I am free to move about as much as I want etc. But then again when the contractions starts I may be banging the hospital door down begging for drugs!!!

My SIL had an episiotmy (she had a donut cushion for weeks!), and she has told me it still hurts for her now when she dtd :( Not a pleansant thing from what I understand, nor tearing naturally.

ooooh ouch Littlespy that sounds very painful! It is good that you can ask for one this time if you need one, hopefully you wont though. Did you have stitches after DD? I didnt tear during my second labor so hopefully after having 1 you are okay!

Doggylover dont be scared, there are bad bits to labour which we all love to talk about because we survived it, but generally labour is easy going and boring until the last bit. Just bouncing around on a ball or leaning over a bed puffing haha. Littlespy is right, being prepared helps. Epidurals help more! ;) lol x

I'm definitely hoping to go without being induced this time (was induced with dd). When I got into the thick of labor with dd, my contractions were relentless. No break *at all* between them. Just right on top of each other which of course caused me to start to panic and request an epidural (which I got 1.5 hours later.... yeah). At my hospital, when you're induced, they hardly let you get out of bed at all. I got to get out of bed once between 6am and 7pm to pee (they required a catheter once you get an epidural, which I got at 1pm). And then I had to take like 2 nurses and 3 different poles of IV meds with me (I was strep positive so I had to have antibiotics in addition to the pitocin, and regular iv fluids). :dohh: Plus I had to carry a pad between my legs as my water was already broken and they didn't want me leaking everywhere and falling in it. :rofl: I'm sure it was quite a sight. But that's the price of dignity and not using a bedpan in front of a bunch of people, I guess. :haha: In hindsight, I'm not sure which would have really been more embarrassing. :haha:

So yeah, this time I'm attempting to start labor naturally and stay home as long as possible. I know the hubby is going to be a total mess about me laboring at home, though. :haha: We live like 5 minutes from the hospital so it doesn't worry me much at all.

wow littlespy I hear that being induced makes the contractions stronger than natural contractions, that sounds awful!! I hope everything goes better this time around... doggylover has gone to hide under her duvet I think!!

ukgirl -- Yes, I had a TON of stitches. My doc was stitching me up for a really long time. like 45 minutes! But, you don't even notice that because you're too busy with your new little baby on your chest. :cloud9: I wasn't paying any attention at all to what was going on down below.

Sorry doggylover!! It obviously wasn't THAT bad and was totally worth it times a million because I'm pregnant again after TRYING to conceive! :thumbup:

And I will say after I got the epidural, I could still feel the contractions but they weren't painful. I remember commenting to my husband it was the best I had felt in the last 9 months! :haha: He thinks I'm insane for not getting one sooner. And of course thinks I'm nuts for saying I'm going to hold out as long as I can again this time.
I did refuse all of the pain meds they offered me while waiting for the epidural, though. And very few hospitals in the US offer nitrous, so that wasn't (and still isn't) an option at all. :nope: Lame.

My last 2 births were VERY different from my first. My first, though I thought I was pretty educated (and did want a homebirth but it would have cost us too much), I ended up with an epidural after we induced me at home (via AROM...NEVER doing that again). It was 12 hours (an hour of pushing), but I hated the epidural now that I know the difference. The pain, though, was HORRID, and I dreaded doing it again. And I tore (do to pushing on my back, no doubt), so that was unpleasant.

But then my next two were about as natural as one can get- unassisted homebirths. AMAZING. Much less pain, so much more control, no tearing, etc. I learned to love birth so much. I was so much more educated, knew what I wanted (and didn't want), was able to listen to my body without interference, etc. It was incredible. My 2nd was born after only 4.5 hours of labor (castor oil induced LOL) and only minutes of pushing (my water broke...actually, more like exploded, and then she shot out).

Though I had prodromal labor for weeks (the contractions that come at night and feel like I've immediately jumped into transition, and last for hours), my 3rd was born after 9 hours (another castor oil baby LOL), but 6 hours of being COMPLETE (though once I was able to reach comfortably enough to break my own water, he came out in like 2 minutes, 2 pushes). I KNOW I would have been unnecessarily sectioned if I was in a hospital for failure to progress, so I am so glad I was home. Turns out his size played a big part, he was almost 10 lbs with a 15.5" head! (my girls had 13.25-.5" heads!)

So I learned to love it and I get so giddy thinking about getting to do it again.

Auuugggh..... I'm going to go hide out with doggylover!! :dohh:

I was already feeling a little queasy, and now after reading all your posts about, well, all the detailed bits... I'm certainly not hungry.

Ladyred.... I'm sorry to hear you'll be leaving us. I hope everything is ok, and come back soon. :hugs:

I had another horrible night of sleeping. I don't know what the heck is going on. I went to bed around 11pm, and DH wanted to DTD. I was feeling really hot and queasy so I told him no. But then I couldn't sleep again! I didn't fall asleep till around 2am, and then I was awake again at 4am, 5am, 8am, and then finally slept till 11am. I'm so glad that I didn't have anywhere to go today (It's Labour Day here, so a holiday Monday), so I was able to sleep in.

I start a new job tomorrow, which I'm certainly terrified about. I'll be teaching a university course to first year undergrads. And I don't know how much of this trouble sleeping is bean induced, and how much of it is just stress for this new job. But I hope to God I sleep better tonight because I will be waking up at 6am for real tomorrow!

wow littlespy I hear that being induced makes the contractions stronger than natural contractions, that sounds awful!! I hope everything goes better this time around... doggylover has gone to hide under her duvet I think!!

Too right! Readytomum and I are hiding, living in blissful ignorance!

Now littlespy, hearing about cuddling baby on your chest is what I like!! My hospital told me at my first appointment that they advocate skin to skin ASAP, which I am thrilled with!

Hi ladies

Unfortunately I'm out. Had a m/c confirmed today :( Feeling very broken and devastated about it, but mostly numb.

My thoughts are with the rest of you ladies - a happy and healthy pregnancy and all the best for your little ones' arrivals next year.

Carmen. xx

Wow it's busy in here today!

I've been out all day, shopping this morning then out for a long walk this afternoon (our weekend is mon/tues) sitting in a bubble bath now while catching up with what's been going on lol!

Readyto, good luck for your new job!

Doggy lover, you're doing a grand job!

Lady red hope ur ok hun?

Loving the discussion about labour, call me crazy, but I'd do it all over again tomorrow lol!
With sidney I was induced with a pessary, but had a fast n furious labour. He was also back to back, and never turned, so I was doubly lucky to have a quick one!
Id love to do it without gas and air next time, I wasn't too keen, but once I'd started on it I couldn't stop lol!
Water would be ideal for me, but I probably wouldn't be allowed as I need an AB drip in labour for group b strep :dohh: I'd deffo got for a home birth if it was possible! If fast again, it might be unavoidable lol!!! :haha:

Mrsmoose, that's awful, I'm so sorry for your loss sweetie :hugs:

Sorry fpr your sad news mrsmoose I am sending you big hugs and warm prayers xxxx

Hi ladies

Unfortunately I'm out. Had a m/c confirmed today :( Feeling very broken and devastated about it, but mostly numb.

My thoughts are with the rest of you ladies - a happy and healthy pregnancy and all the best for your little ones' arrivals next year.

Carmen. xx

So sorry to hear this :hugs: thoughts are with you during this awful time.

Dano you might want to wait a few months before you go into labour - tomorrow doesn't sound like a good plan! :haha:

Just back from a dress fitting for bridesmaid dress for my friends wedding in 2 weeks. It still fits thank heavens! I was certain it wouldn't! It better still fit on the 22nd!

Just back from a dress fitting for bridesmaid dress for my friends wedding in 2 weeks. It still fits thank heavens! I was certain it wouldn't! It better still fit on the 22nd!

My sisters wedding in on March 2nd, and I'm her MOH. I'll be approx 7 months pregnant then!! I have no idea what we're going to end up doing for my dress. The worst part is she's going to start asking to go shopping again soon, and she doesn't know yet that I'm PG!! Hopefully I can stall on the dress shopping till we make our announcement to family at 12 weeks.

I hope yours still fits you on the 22nd! Just try to do lots of walking to help combat any bloating.

Hi ladies

Carmen. xx

So sorry to hear that MrsMoose. :hugs: My thoughts are with you and hopefully we'll see you back again soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->