April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Aww congrats on the announcement Melissabump!

Swimming sounds fab! We are on the waiting list to join our local mum+tot swimming group, can't wait!

we got a heartbeat, fetal pole....it has been confirmed a viable pregnancy and they started all my pregnancy blood work today...genetic screening all that good stuff...I have been given a due date and was told I get to come back in three weeks to hear our babies heart beat....what a relief. I am 6 weeks and 1 day and my due date is April 29, 2013....thank you guys for all the kind words...whenever you get the page swithched over can you please add me to the front...

Wonderful news!!!! I'm so so happy for you! And I will get your date up now!

And melissasbump that's great about your announcement! It makes it easier to even have one or two people to discuss it with and offer extra support.

Goodness dan-o how amazing is your mums and tots that it has a waiting list?!

I've already planned that when baby arrives I'll go to breastfeeding group, mums and tots and baby swimming. Need to make sure I keep us both active! Plus my dad takes my nephew swimming every week so we can all go together.

Yay ingodshands great news!!! Whoo hooo amazing feeling isn't it!

I posted awhile back but no idea what page. This group is busy. How do you keep track of where you left off?

I met with my NP last week and we just talked and she drew blood. She scheduled the initial u/s for next week (as we couldn't get in this week). They said I don't have to drink water for it and just wanted to double check here if that was your experience? I am really looking forward to getting the reassurance of that u/s.

Today was busy at work and I am tired now. Gotta go do some food shopping and figure out dinner though.

Hey cr8ing I remember you :) it takes a lot of reading before replying here lol xx Hope all goes well at your scan xx

ngodshands im so pleased for you that it was good news xxx

Swimming is amazing but I cant face it right swimming with my tummy like this wouldnt end well lol... I do like to swim near the end of pregnancy though.. its weightless heaven <3

I took my kids to the beach today it was great fun but then I came home and ate a whole jar of pickled onions mm.. they were good lol.

Other than that theres not much else going on with me. Im just mega excited to get my doppler! :D

Ngodshand- yay !! Exact thing happend to me, shows what a week can do... Very happy by this news.... Xxx

Hi girls :) I have been keeping up with the thread but not posting because I was having some issues with bleeding and didn't want to jinx - saw a hb on internal scan at 6+1 but then had spotting which turned into bright red bleeding this past Friday. OB sent me to ER since it was after hours and there they did bloods and an ultrasound and pelvic exam. Beta was 109000+ so they did an internal ultrasound and there was baby with a heartbeat still!

Cervix was still closed too however they discovered I have a bicornuate uterus (which explains the 'unexplained' incompetent cervix in my first pregnancy). Had a follow up with my regular OB today and they did another scan - measuring 2 days ahead now and baby was wriggling around with a heartbeat of 170! (will post photo as soon as photobucket lets me upload as the site isn't working the mo) I am still in shock over the bicornuate uterus diagnosis as I had literally tons of scans last pregnancy because of the short cervix and it was never diagnosed then so it was a bit of a shock today. My water broke at 35 weeks and my son was also born with bilateral clubfoot and what I found out today explains those things as well (no room to grow properly!) Dr said that the pregnancy is looking great and baby looks perfect so far - relief!

My biggest fear, oddly, is that there is a very large chance of csection when you have a bicornuate uterus bc baby doesn't have room to turn. My son stayed head down from 20 weeks on so I am hoping that is the case with this one too! I LOVED labor the first time and when I found out I was pregnant this time my first thought was looking forward to doing it all over again! Fx'd very tightly that I can have another normal vaginal delivery again :)

Now that everything seems to be a little more stable I am hoping to post a little more here and getting to know all you ladies better :flow: I will say that running after a 16 month old while pregnant makes you a whole lot more tired than being pregnant without kids - so fx'd I get time to post between my sneaky snoozes!

Hi all, just checking in...so much going on with everyone! Sory I don't post more often, but I try to keep up on reading the thread at least.

ngodshands and sweetpea - so glad to hear the positive news!

melissabump- yay on sharing the news!

cre8ing- I did have to drink water before my u/s but that is because I was only 6+6 and I have a tilted uterus. It may be different for others. It also depends on how good the U/S machine is that is being used and if the are doing transvaginal or abdominal.

ukgirl- you will ove your doppler! I got mine last Thursday. I first heard baby's hb on Saturday-very faint but there. I did it this morning and baby's hb was chugging away the clearest I've heard it yet--must be a good sign baby is growing!

afm, my MS comes and goes as it pleases. No telling in the morning if it will be a good day or not. But I am optimistic that it will start to end soon as the first tri comes to a close. I can't wait for 2nd tri as I've heard from those pg before that it is the best tri. We told my parents this past weekend and they are thrilled. It's all my mom can do to keep from talking about it. We are telling dh's parents this weekend. Can't wait to see their reaction to the news!

ooSweetPea - I am glad things turned out ok.

Bjs2005 - that must feel good to tell them!

We both told out parents a week or so ago and they are thrilled. We told our siblings too but not others yet.

Hey ladies! Glad to hear see some good news today!!

ingodshands... excellent! I'm glad you can relax a bit now. :hugs:

doggylover... you were right, first day went pretty well all things considered! It still amazes me that first years are only 18. I mean logically I know they are... but one of them mentioned being born in 1994... and it made me do a bit of a double take! lol

I feel exhausted! I've slept like shite the last three nights, and I'm so so hoping that now that my first day of teaching is over that I'll be able to crash long and hard tonight. I need a good nights sleep badly!

Thankfully MS has mostly stayed away the last few days, just the sore BB's still. DH and I have decided to tell our parents at 8 weeks.... so one more week to go!

Hi all,

I was just wondering how much water i should drink before a scan? Im feeling a bit sick again this morning and am struggling a bit :sick:

Sweetpea, nice to see you back again and I'm so glad that things have turned out well. I was saying the other day I admire anyone who is pregnant and has a lo to look after, so no wonder you don't have much time online!

cre8ing welcome back as well! I'm sure you are looking forward to your u/s, good luck for it!

Bjs2005 that's great about telling family! It's so lovely having people know and be able to talk about it openly, without watching everything you say!! I'm the same with ms. I can never tell when I'll feel sick, or how bad it will be. I'm also looking forward to second tri!

Readytomum, born in 1994?! That just seems crazy! That said our new pupils (I teach 11-16) are ALL born 2000/2001 which has totally freaked me out and made me feel ancient!!! Glad the first day went well! and yay for blueberry!

Smanderson, I've heard you are supposed to drink 2 pints of water, but I wasn't asked to for my scan so couldn't tell you for sure.

Afm, got up this morning and felt awful, but now I'm at work I feel a little better. Long may it last! I swear though I have a bump already. I don't feel bloated today, and my loosest work trousers are no longer loose! I used to be constantly pulling them up...today they felt a little tight in the car. Anyone else feeling the same?

Morning ladies!

Sweet pea what a relief great news and welcome back! :)

Doggylover I can't fit in any pre pregnancy clothes tops or trousers lol!!!! I desperately need a shopping trip!

Cre8ting welcome back too and good luck for scan!

As for me I've had terrible all day nausea/sickness for the last week or 2 and this morning I feel ok ...... Whoo hooo!! Isn't it funny tho you get that moment of 'oh gosh I hope bubs is ok?' I may have a sneaky listen with the Doppler later hehe

Thanks doggylover, just back from scan (after about a liter of water) and i measured behind what i thought and my new due date is 28th April :thumbup:

Smanderson glad your scan went well! You may find out you have caught up by next scan. I was 3 days behind at 6 weeks ish then 2 weeks later I was a day ahead.

Smanderson glad your scan went well! You may find out you have caught up by next scan. I was 3 days behind at 6 weeks ish then 2 weeks later I was a day ahead.

Thanks Nimbec, its so confusing isn't it my next scan is at 12 weeks so i guess dates will be a bit clearer then (hopefully) :thumbup: for now we are super excited to have seen the mini blob on the screen and the lady said the heart was beating so am going to hold on to that thought for the next 6 weeks :happydance:

I feel so sick :sick: MS really kicking in

good morning ladies!! great to hear about your scan smanderson!! I can not wait for mine in october :D

If you all think you have it bad... I have to go to a massive playcenter with my children today as I stupidly promised! yay :dohh:

I defo have a bump.. my biggest jeans no longer fit.. I have to admit I'm going to have to buy maternity wear sooner than I expected.. I'm just hoping there is only one baby in there! 2 is enough, 3 is the limit... 4 is madness (for me)!!

I'm having a lot of cm lately I have to keep checking that I'm okay haha is anyone else experiencing this? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->