April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

doggylover -- Yes, skin to skin is very good. My hospital pushes it, too. Pretty much spent my entire time in the hospital with a naked baby in my shirt. :haha: :cloud9:

Hey girlies I hope all of you and the babies in belly are doing great!

I had my doctor's appointment yesterday, it was more like introductory session he gave me a few guidelines (eat more exercise less :O) , did an examination and pap smear. Also talked about the hospital where I will hopefully deliver, and one good thing I learned is I'm going to have my little baby with me all the time :D she/he will not sleep elsewhere woohoo!

Whats more, he was very worried with my past of going through many stays in the hospital as a child, teen and young adult, I had a poor health back then. He has given me a whole bunch of tests and 2 appointments with a "good" general physician and a cardiologist.
Overall it went well although I felt I was comforting him and his worries and not the other way around. I was like "don't worry doctor, everything will be great"

I start the tests on Wednesday, and I hope things will go well.

Morning ladies!

Soph77 yay and yuk to ms I totally know how u feel!

Doggylover I'm living on digestives too and can't imagine feeling like this with a toddler to look after...I'm impressed ladies!

Ngodshands sounds good to me remember once above 6000 it can take 96 hrs to double fx for you!!

Ukgirl23 great advice on te birth plan.

Lady red hope you are ok?

Readytonum GOOD LuCK for today just remember they will prob be all hung over and half asleep anyway lol!

Mrsmoose I'm so so sorry ((hugs))

Lily sounds like u have a great doctor! Good luck for Wednesday!

As for me I'm hiding under the duvet with Doggylover I'm both excited and terrified about birth - thi is #1 for me too! I'm feeling marginally better today still extremely nauseas :( I saw midwife yest for booking appt and got to hear baby's hb on Doppler again it was AMAZING!! I'm flaked on sofa again today hoping sickness disappears at least for a few hours - roll on 2nd tri!!

Nimbec yay for hearing the HB again! That's so amazing! But definitely roll on second tri. I felt like death this morning! Definitely feel much better when I'm busy at work though (and have digestives in my drawer!)

Lily your dr sounds great! And that's wonderful news about being able to keep baby with you at all times. I was reassured of that at my first appointment as well, and itreally takes pressure off knowing you won't have to fight to have it. I don't know about North America, but here in the UK I think that's actually the norm now, but still nice to hear!!

Oh. My. Actual. Goodness!!!

I just heard the heartbeat on my Doppler!!! :wohoo: Never thought I would find it this early, but DH asked if I'd used it yet, so I thought why not give it a little go! :cloud9:

Not sure on the bpm as it was pretty quiet, but that chugging train sound was unmistakable!! :yipee:

OMG dano that's fabulous and very early :) its an amazing sound isn't it!!!

yay dan-o!! this gives me hope for finding my little ones heart beat when my doppler arrives!! I feel ok this morning just a bit constipated again but the thought of fybogel makes me gag :( (gag) Still I have promised to take the kids out once again before school starts, our washing machine has chuffed up too :( ah well on with the day catch you ladies later xxx

Ooooh Dan o thats fab that you heard the HB! Im waiting for mine to arrive too cant wait to give it a go!

Just had my preggy pops delivered and morning sickness tea, will see if it helps at all!

Still trying to save $$ for anniversary trip, so a Doppler is out right now. I'm so grateful to have an obgyn as a student as she called me in a prescription for Zofran yesterday-look it up ladies! Dissolving strawberry flavored tabs that get rid of nausea and vommitting! It's great and works quickly (a chemotherapy drug used for the same reasons). It's helped get me off the couch :) also there are no harmful side effects to the baby, but you know us Americans - instant gratification! Appt this Thursday! :happydance:

going for another ultrasound today to see if they can see a heart beat yet...ladies please be praying for me...this is very stressful and I actually tried to move my appointment to later on in the week to give it more time to be there and the doc told me he wanted me to keep the appointment today...so at 1 is my appointment so I will be leaving in an hour and I am so stressed out. I felt like if I waited another week to do my ultrasound it would have had plenty of time to show a heart beat since they did one last week at 5 weeks and 5 days LMP, now I am 6 weeks and 1 day LMP. I know if I go in there and there is no heart beat I am going to be torn up all over again like last week. I am really, well the right word is scared for my little bean. I just want everything to be okay and in my mind no matter how many ultrasounds I have its not going to make the heart beat or not beat. if that makes anysince it just causes me more stress. now I am just going on and on dont knowif that makes any since I am just a nervous reck right now....ladies please pray for me...

Ngodshands I'm thinking of you!!! Good luck please please update us!! Also try an remember it's still very early for hb so try tostay calm - easier said than done I know!!!!

Ngodshands lots of love and prayer coming your way. I hope you are back to us with good news about the heartbeat.

Dan-o :woohoo: for your Doppler!!! Honestly all you ladies are doing such a great job finding your lo in there!

Ugh I am so bloated today it's insane!

Ngodshands praying for you and that everything goes well today with your ultrasound. It was probably too early to see the heart beat when you went last time. I went at almost 5 weeks And could hardly see a thing. I'm going Thursday at 6.5 weeks to see if we see the heart beat also. It is nerve wrecking but trusting in gd! :) please update us ASAP!

:)

good luck ngodshands, thinking of you and praying for the heart beat xx

we got a heartbeat, fetal pole....it has been confirmed a viable pregnancy and they started all my pregnancy blood work today...genetic screening all that good stuff...I have been given a due date and was told I get to come back in three weeks to hear our babies heart beat....what a relief. I am 6 weeks and 1 day and my due date is April 29, 2013....thank you guys for all the kind words...whenever you get the page swithched over can you please add me to the front...

Congratulations ingodshands!! That's amazing news!

Good luck for yours on thursday simplymuff!!

Doggylover, I feel your pain with the bloating lol, I couldn't even do up my jeans This morning, had to wear shorts instead :haha:

Ngodshands, fantastic news, so pleased for you!

We "announced" our news today. Its becoming impossible to hide with my growing tummy and sickness. Feel quite relieved i dont have to hide it anymore!

Speaking of the sickness, today ive actually felt a bit better and had some energy! Also eaten pretty normally and not had to constantly snack to keep the nausea away. Im not thinking its over by any stretch of the imaginaton but a few good days thrown in will get my spirits up for sure!
Took my DS for his first proper swimming lesson today, we had a lovely time together. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->