April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Is anyone else still "secretly" pregnant? I am not a fan of the idea of repeating the "un-telling" process once again, so we wanted to wait to announce. I thought that maybe after my ultrasound at 6w3d we might consider telling based on the results, but the more I wait, the better I feel about CONTINUING to wait.

Most of my family and friends will be really supportive and happy, especially with all my losses and them knowing how much I want more children, but at the same time I know a number of them think that after my last 5 consecutive losses (ending with the removal of my tube), that it was my sign to stop getting pregnant. So THAT is something I'm not looking forward to dealing with...you know, people won't say anything, but you can tell when they are thinking it. (at least that one kind of overpowers the number of children I have/want now...)

But at this point (7w3d), especially knowing I will likely lose the bloat in a week or two (as it's happened that way with all my other pregnancies), I'm thinking I could keep going for weeks without telling. It sort of makes me sad that I have no urge to share the news anymore (kinda feel ripped of that it has been ruined for me), but at the same time it's kind of relieving. I would really like to pick up the HB on my doppler first and then may be a week or so after that I'll consider. And it'll be our own children first, obviously, and we'll probably let them share the news. (I have a "Big Brother" shirt for my son that he never got to use with our last 2 babies we lost, so if it still fits him we might try that....only, knowing my family, it might take 5 visits with the shirt on before anyone catches it! LOL)

I know most people want others to know early on for the support if they lose the baby, but I've found it doesn't always work out that way (especially repeatedly, and especially if people around you have never lost a baby), and so I don't want to rely on that. We would likely say something if I lost the baby later on even if we hadn't told anyone yet, but like I said, I do not welcome the opinions that would come with it.

thank you ladies for your replies and kind words! was confirmed today by internal scan. babys gone :'( hope to be back soon good luck everyone xx

:hugs: I know words can't help you through the pain you are going through right now, you are in my thoughts and prayers. And I hope to see you back in no time with a sticky little bean.

In the mean time, take care of yourself during your healing process.

Is anyone else still "secretly" pregnant? I am not a fan of the idea of repeating the "un-telling" process once again, so we wanted to wait to announce. I thought that maybe after my ultrasound at 6w3d we might consider telling based on the results, but the more I wait, the better I feel about CONTINUING to wait.

Most of my family and friends will be really supportive and happy, especially with all my losses and them knowing how much I want more children, but at the same time I know a number of them think that after my last 5 consecutive losses (ending with the removal of my tube), that it was my sign to stop getting pregnant. So THAT is something I'm not looking forward to dealing with...you know, people won't say anything, but you can tell when they are thinking it. (at least that one kind of overpowers the number of children I have/want now...)

But at this point (7w3d), especially knowing I will likely lose the bloat in a week or two (as it's happened that way with all my other pregnancies), I'm thinking I could keep going for weeks without telling. It sort of makes me sad that I have no urge to share the news anymore (kinda feel ripped of that it has been ruined for me), but at the same time it's kind of relieving. I would really like to pick up the HB on my doppler first and then may be a week or so after that I'll consider. And it'll be our own children first, obviously, and we'll probably let them share the news. (I have a "Big Brother" shirt for my son that he never got to use with our last 2 babies we lost, so if it still fits him we might try that....only, knowing my family, it might take 5 visits with the shirt on before anyone catches it! LOL)

I know most people want others to know early on for the support if they lose the baby, but I've found it doesn't always work out that way (especially repeatedly, and especially if people around you have never lost a baby), and so I don't want to rely on that. We would likely say something if I lost the baby later on even if we hadn't told anyone yet, but like I said, I do not welcome the opinions that would come with it.

Yes, after 2 losses I am still secretly pregnant too. Only people that know are my husband and my Reproductive Endocrinologist & staff. Not sure when I'll feel comfortable sharing- if I make it that far. Have another scan scheduled for tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

My thoughts are with all of you who have lost your little ones. I know just how hard it is and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I have my first actual appointment with the doctor tomorrow and I am so nervous. They are going to do another scan to listen for a heartbeat and do a measurement to see how well the baby is growing from my last scan that I had at 4w+3d...I will be 6w+6d tomorrow. My symptoms include sore boobs, hunger, nausea and tiredness. I am praying that it is a good sign to have the symptoms and that I will get to hear the heartbeat tomorrow morning.

I am still very cautious about getting too excited about the pregnancy as I know I could still have a miscarriage. I really don't want another loss...Keep me in your prayers.

I am still very cautious about getting too excited about the pregnancy as I know I could still have a miscarriage. I really don't want another loss...Keep me in your prayers.

I understand. I feel like there is no "out of the woods" for me. Praying all is well at your appointment, and that you get the peace and reassurance that you need!

Elohcin, i understand completly why you are reluctant to tell about your pregnancy yet given your history, it must be really difficult for you:hugs:

Teresa, so sorry to hear about your loss, there are no words..:hugs:

So a week from right now I will be at my obgyn's for my ultrasound to hopefully hear my little bean's heartbeat. I can't even begin to explain how excited, scared, nervous I am. 14 years ago on September 22nd, I lost my only other pregnancy (twins) at 7weeks. It was without a doubt the hardest thing I have ever had to face. My Mom is a twin & for as long as I can remember, I have always said I wanted twins.

I have wanted a baby for so long since that day. Can't count the number of times I have said "I'm not greedy, I won't even ask for twins, just one healthy baby, just one". Now I'm pregnant at 6w2d and as the 7w mark approaches I get more and more scared. I'm so afraid I will get to the doctor next Thursday & there won't be a heartbeat.

In my head & heart I know worrying about losing my baby isn't healthy & doesn't help anything, but I just can't put this out of my mind. I know my doctor has told me over & over that my miscarriage happened when I was only 22 years old, my body was still very immature at the time and even though I'm now 36, I'm healthy & there is no reason to stress about this (so much easier said than done).... I'm hoping that once I'm past the 7wk mark I won't worry as much.... But I'm afraid that won't be true!!!!

Best of Luck to everyone having scans tomorrow!

Readytomum-- I'm right there with you with a hair tie holding up my fat pants today. :haha: I frantically searched for my belly band yesterday morning but I think I probably threw it away after my last pregnancy (which was good judgment as it was very ratty after being worn nearly every day for like 30 weeks :haha:). So, I ordered a new one yesterday. Hopefully I'll have it for next week.

melissasbump -- Feeding the ducks? Wow. Hardcore. :haha: :winkwink:

mummyconfused -- Thanks for checking in on us. :hugs:

bjs -- You're so far along at this point, I'd think your placenta is taking over progesterone production. My understanding is lots of people who do take a progesterone supplement only take it through 8 weeks and I've not known someone personally (or on b&b) to take it longer than 12 weeks). So, knowing that, I kind of think that's not something you should worry about (but of course, I'm no doctor; just going by what I know from others who have had the supplements). :thumbup: Baby moves around in your uterus. Sometimes the heartbeat is going to be louder than other times. :flower:

theresarhuebb -- :hugs:

6 weeks until our gender ultrasound! Yes, I'm counting down already. :haha:

I take progesterone until 13 weeks. :) That's my comfort level though. But it's definitely true, the placenta does begin taking over around 9-10 weeks (and has usually put the corpus luteum out of business by 13-14 weeks), so there will be a shift in things. That said, I have always noticed my pregnancy charts (I, too, chart for a while into pregnancy) to be totally whacko, totally "bad" charts compared to my non-pg ones. My temps are all over the place with pg.

Just came back from the ob gyn and I am extremely happy to say that we saw our little beans heart beat! What an amazing moment. I was so extremely worried because I have had really no pregnancy symptoms... But the doctor assured me that it's normal and that some women dont ever get any symptoms. We will have another ultrasound in three weeks. :) hope all of u are doing well.

For those of you who have experienced losses my heart goes out to you. Can not imagine what you are going through... But hoping you have the strength to get through and start trying again soon!

What kind of birth are you all hoping for?

I would loooooove another unassisted homebirth. I'm still figuring some stuff out with this pregnancy having followed 5 consecutive losses (and having a likely cause), but it isn't likely to effect birth so Lord-willing I'd love for a UC to work out again. I have no desire to birth in a hospital (just having to fight for pretty much everything I want and know that is important to me/baby....which is pretty much opposite of standard maternity care in a hospital), but I will make it work it I absolutely have to. Just don't want to go that route if it's not necessary. Plus, giving up the comfort of home definitely removes a lot of the peace in laboring for me, which changes thing a lot. (because comfort is huge in healthy, successful birth, so, yeah....)

Just came back from the ob gyn and I am extremely happy to say that we saw our little beans heart beat! What an amazing moment. I was so extremely worried because I have had really no pregnancy symptoms... But the doctor assured me that it's normal and that some women dont ever get any symptoms. We will have another ultrasound in three weeks. :) hope all of u are doing well.

For those of you who have experienced losses my heart goes out to you. Can not imagine what you are going through... But hoping you have the strength to get through and start trying again soon!

Congrats on the heartbeat! There is really nothing else like it in this life, is there??!?!?

(I get few to no symptoms with all of my pregnancies :) I have had MORE symptoms with some of my losses than I have with my successful pregnancies!)

Woohooo!!! Congrats!

Yaaayyyyy on the heartbeat!!!! I hoping for that feeling tomorrow when I go in for my appointment. Just out of curiosity did they tell you what the heart rate was?

UGH! We now have had 4 people where I live confirmed to have the West Nile Virus....

UGH! We now have had 4 people where I live confirmed to have the West Nile Virus....

We have it all over here, too. Actually, my neighbor across the road has it (and his wife had it a couple years ago). I'm not too concerned, though. Vitamin C is the most effective treatment (IV if possible) and while we do what we can to avoid bites, we live on a farm and only have so much control over it, so we all just try to stay healthy as it is.

Though I did have a dream last week that I was doing the weirdest stuff and then I was thinking in the back of my mind (during the dream), I have West Nile! lol

Simplymuff yay for heartbeat!!

Ladies talking about being "secretly pregnant" my previous loss actually pushed us in the other direction and we told our families at 7 weeks as we wanted their support just in case the worst happened again. Just parents and siblings mind you, people we decided we would have told anyway if I did mc again.

Ugh I am once more exhausted! And have to get up at 4.45am tomorrow to take dh to the airport. And a full day of teaching....waaaaaa!!

To all the ladies with losses, sorry to hear about your loss. I can only imagine the pain you must be going through but am amazed at how strong your staying x. Today was my first day or morning sickness :( not awful yet but been sick few times. Which is not easy with a curious 14 month old wanting to know why you have your head down the toilet lol! Can't wait for my scan on the 3 rd oct! So looking forward to seeing my lil ones heartbeat! Hope every one is doing well otherwise xxx

I hate to add bad news to such a great thread but we miscarried last week so thought I should update the front page of the thread. :angel:

Back to square 1 and hope to be back in the 1st trimester groups by year-end!! :happydance:

For everyone else - keeps those babies sticking!! :dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->