April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

I hate to add bad news to such a great thread but we miscarried last week so thought I should update the front page of the thread. :angel:

Back to square 1 and hope to be back in the 1st trimester groups by year-end!! :happydance:

For everyone else - keeps those babies sticking!! :dust::dust:

Sorry to hear that hockey :( I hope you get your sticky bean soon. Thinking of u x

So sorry to hear about the losses :(

Doggylover Blimey that's going to be a long day!! Good luck!!

I totally agree hearing hb is AMAZING!!! I had a listen to our baby again tonight :) he/she is moving up now they are right on my knicker line eeek!!

Still struggling with constipation it's really awful grrrr but sickness is much much better!

How's everyone getting on? I'm really struggling to manage everyday life.... No energy, nausea & generally feeling ugh but I wouldn't swap it for the world!!!

mommyconfused - so sorry for your loss.

Bjs- does TCOYF encourage you to keep temping through the 1st trimester? I don't remember reading that. And I thought temps could be pretty sporadic at times which can cause undue worry. I stopped temping when I got my BFP. The week before I had 2 days of temp drop and was surprised when AF did not show as it is always a sure sign for me. I just figured pregnancy was changing things.

theresarhuebb - also sorry for your loss.

hockey - sorry for your loss.

Nothing new here. A bit tired but less so than yesterday. Still not motivated to do much but trying to keep eating healthy. I have been thinking about a candy bar though. I just need to get one.

Just came back from the ob gyn and I am extremely happy to say that we saw our little beans heart beat! What an amazing moment. I was so extremely worried because I have had really no pregnancy symptoms... But the doctor assured me that it's normal and that some women dont ever get any symptoms. We will have another ultrasound in three weeks. :) hope all of u are doing well.

For those of you who have experienced losses my heart goes out to you. Can not imagine what you are going through... But hoping you have the strength to get through and start trying again soon!

Yaaayyyyy on the heartbeat!!!! I hoping for that feeling tomorrow when I go in for my appointment. Just out of curiosity did they tell you what the heart rate was?

They didn't tell me what the heart rate was and it wasn't on the picture he gave me :( I am regretting not having asked that while I was at the doctors
office. I go again in three weeks to make sure we are still making progress... So hopefully will get to ask about the heart beat then.

I hope Tom gives you great news and that everything goes well!

I hate to add bad news to such a great thread but we miscarried last week so thought I should update the front page of the thread. :angel:

Back to square 1 and hope to be back in the 1st trimester groups by year-end!! :happydance:

For everyone else - keeps those babies sticking!! :dust::dust:

So sorry to hear :( big hugs to u!

theresarhuebb - So sorry to hear about your loss. :hugs:

hockey - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss as well. :hugs:

Best wishes to your both ladies, and hopefully you'll be back in 1st Tri again soon. :flower:

Today has been a major bloat today! I mentioned this morning about my elastic band holding my button shut today, and even then it was still *not* comfortable! I think I need to look into one of those belly band things. Until this bloat goes away, I'm not sure what else I can do!

Elohcin: I'm still 'secretly' pregnant as well. We are planning to tell our parents next week at 8 weeks though. It's our first try at a baby, and we're trying to stay really positive and stress free trusting my body to do what it should. We're going to wait to tell our siblings and our grandparents till Canadian thanksgiving, which would be just shy of 12 weeks. We dont have any 'grand plans' for announcing it to the world, and it will likely happen on a case by case basis when it comes up with people.

I'm starting to get worried about how much longer I'll be able to hide it though! If this bloat doesn't go away soon people will be guessing and I won't have to tell them!! :dohh:

Hockey so sorry to hear your sad news :hugs:

Readytomum I am hoping my bloat goes away soon, otherwise I am going to be so uncomfortable! I struggled to get into one of my work dresses today, but now I'm in it's the loosest thing round my belly I've worn all week! May just keep it on for a good while!!

Nothin to start your morning like dry heaving into the kitchen sink!

Nimbec I am really struggling with everyday life. House is a mess, dogs are neglected, I'm going to bed at 9.30...I cannot wait until second tri!!!!

sorry for your loss hockey24..

I had no idea what west nile virus is but we have loads of mossies atm so I'm hiding under a blanket until winter!

MY friend is pregnant and she was telling me about how we have to have a swine flu vaccine in the second tri, she says its horrible and you have to stay for 2 hours after having it to make sure you dont have any adverse reactions. :/ eekkk

ah well I have a massive headache and I'm about to tackle the school run.. see ya!

^ I had west nile last summer from mosquito bites and it was like a mild cold, only my bones were aching and had low fever for a couple of weeks. Nothing serious. AND swine flu the summer before :( which was higher fever but I'm through it also. I'm not getting any shots exactly for this reason, I 've been through the majority of dangerous flues so I already have the antibodies, it is like having the shot.

Had my appointment yesterday and bean is measuring between 7w3d and 7w4d! Right on target! Info have a lovely corpus luteum cyst and a little bleed from bean burrowing so deep, but I saw the little heart and the tech was lovely and said was at a consistent 150BPM. Now I'm all hoping for the wives tale to be true. My Liam never got above 141 even early in the pregnancy. It would be lovely to give him a little sis. I have our NT screen in 4 weeks. These make me the most nervous! But I am determined to remain happy!

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well today.

I didn't manage to get on much yesterday, had the virus my sons just got over, so felt pretty rough with a temp and sore tonsils. Good news is the virus has cleared me out lol (tmi lol) which is quite a relief I must say! :haha:

Had my first mw appt today, so the ball is officially rolling!
Also had a quick listen on the Doppler before i went to check baby is still there lol!

I'm going to have a read through now, bet I've missed loads by not coming on for a day lol! X

I was at the hospital for some paper work and a resident doctor (super cute too!) gave me a free cardiogram test (ECG) I needed for the cardiologist AND my first U/S scan!!!! I saw the little bean and it looks pretty much perfect and consistent with 8weeks growth. :happydance: We were both giggling and I thanked him profusely, as it was on the sly!

I was at the hospital for some paper work and a resident doctor (super cute too!) gave me a free cardiogram test (ECG) I needed for the cardiologist AND my first U/S scan!!!! I saw the little bean and it looks pretty much perfect and consistent with 8weeks growth. :happydance: We were both giggling and I thanked him profusely, as it was on the sly!

That great news!!! Lucky you to get a free ECG and Sono!! Glad it went so well!! :)

For those of you who have dopplers could you suggest a good one and place to buy it? How much do they cost? I would love to be able to listen to the little one at my own convenience.

Good Morning Ladies,

I have a question for you...

Have any of you had any brown discharge when going to the bathroom? I woke up with morning and it was just ever so slightly brown. Went to the gym and worked out. When I got home, I used the doppler to check on the bean. Found the HB right away and it sounded strong. Then I went to the bathroom at work and again, brown cm when wiping!!

TMI but last night, OH and I were going to DTD but I just took care of him and then didn't I feel like it anymore lol. Could that have loosened up any old blood? Or could I have pushed to hard with the doppler??

I do push down with the doppler, but not to the point of pain. :shrug:

I am waiting to go to the bathroom again and check... if there is more brown, I will call the doc... but I was hoping that you guys have some insight...

Dtd can definitely cause bleeding. I had it around 9-10 weeks with dd.

We haven't dtd so far with this one (poor hubby :haha:) because I haven't felt like it at all.

I figured DTD could, but we actually never did (havnt in a week)... so i'm confused and concerned

That great news!!! Lucky you to get a free ECG and Sono!! Glad it went so well!! :)
Yes very lucky, but I hardly had any other tests up until now (only a pap smear that I still wait for results). Very hard to get any appointments in the University hospital :growlmad: He might felt sorry for me or he might wanted a quiet break from the hospital craziness today. It doesn't matter it meant so much to me, I will never forget this kindness <3 I got no printed pictures though.

Sorry I know nothing about dopplers, I hope someone else can answer this question, I've seen many threads with this subject, ladies in other trimesters know better :thumbup:

Good Morning Ladies,

I have a question for you...

Have any of you had any brown discharge when going to the bathroom? I woke up with morning and it was just ever so slightly brown. Went to the gym and worked out. When I got home, I used the doppler to check on the bean. Found the HB right away and it sounded strong. Then I went to the bathroom at work and again, brown cm when wiping!!

TMI but last night, OH and I were going to DTD but I just took care of him and then didn't I feel like it anymore lol. Could that have loosened up any old blood? Or could I have pushed to hard with the doppler??

I do push down with the doppler, but not to the point of pain. :shrug:

I am waiting to go to the bathroom again and check... if there is more brown, I will call the doc... but I was hoping that you guys have some insight...

Brown discharge is normal as far as I know, it is red blood like a period that should worry you. Best of luck!:winkwink:

For those of you who have dopplers could you suggest a good one and place to buy it? How much do they cost? I would love to be able to listen to the little one at my own convenience.

I have the AngelSound doppler that I ordered on ebay for $28. I was able to find the HB at 9w4d (after about 20min of searching). Once I found it once, I have no problem finiding it now, since I know where is bean likes to hang out. I will say, it is great for the price but the ones with the wand seem so much easier to use (easier to move around and have digital display).

With the Angelsound, I have to count the HB in a minute and estimate the HB around 170.

If you don't mind spending the extra money, get a better one... but the cheap one is def just as functional (Just less user friendly).

Well ladies, I'm officially out. Betas dropped and started bleeding and cramping. Good luck to all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->