April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

I am going to order a Doppler after my 12 week scan :)

Wow. Sorry but I can't believe how childish women are on this forum sometimes! Waaaahh! People didn't acknowledge my posts! Omg. Grow up.

I don't post much on here, I more so lurk. It's hard to keep up on everyones posts because this is such an active forum.
But I quietly check in :)
Hope you all are doing well!

I'm 9 weeks today! So sore and tired all the time. I'm due on april 14th. Anyone else having cramps, sharp pains and occasional lightheadedness or dizziness? Can't wait to take the intelligender test next week! Crossed fingers for a boy! Good luck to all you along your 1st trimester with me. This is me and the fathers first so its definitely going to be an adventure.

Morning everyone!!

Ukgirl sorry you felt left out - I think some of us are finding it hard to keep us I'm juggling work which inc 3hrs driving on either end of a full day and keeping oh happy AND trying to keep house in order so sometimes its difficult to keep up! If you ask a direct question in sure we'd answer maybe not with your name if it's 4 pages back tho.

I'm also using my phone and you can't flick back and forwards easily.

I can't remember who asked about doppler but my sonoline b is amazing about£45 from amazon inc gel and I found hb at 9 weeks. It's brilliant!!

Well in shattered thank goodness it's the weekend :) sickness has stayed away for a few days so I feel a little more human! Hoping to have a relaxing day apart from the normal household duties YUK!

Littlespy- it makes me sicker! I'm just taking folic acid for now and one of those fizzy multivitamin drink things when I can stomach it! I'll add some vitamin d once y days draw in a bit, but at the moment im getting plenty of sun :) yay for no morning sickness tho!

Ready/bjs they stayed down, but I can still taste them this morning and it's not pleasant :haha:

Momma hope you find the hb quickly when your Doppler arrives, I love mine but it can be tricky lol!!

Hi Roma and mrsluv :flower:

Gemini, yes I'm having all te same things! The dizziness is horrid!

Nimbec, hope you have a lovely relaxing day! I've forgotten what those are like! :haha:

Xxx

On the subject of dopplers, I was struggling to find the hb yesterday, so I tried late late last night and baby was on the opposite side to normal lol! It's running away already :rofl:

Liams mom that's great news about your scan!!! Fingers crossed for a little sister for Liam!

Dan-o, hope you are feeling better today :hugs: And UUUGGGH for raw onions! That will make you smell just LOVELY!

Lily yay for free stuff! :haha: and that's wondeful news about your scan!

Mommyx1311 :hugs: I'm so sorry to hear your sad news

Ukgirl don't leave!!! This thread just moves so quickly sometimes it's hard to keep up! STay with us!

Readytomum: glad you got some comfy trousers...i really need to get on this! But I want to wait until after my scan on Wednesday just to be safe! I agree maybe second hand for some is the way to go otherwise starting now I'll be broke from buying maternity clothes when the baby arrives!!!

Bjs2005 so pleased to hear your progestorone is up!! Hopefully you can relax a little now!!

Nimbec I'm with you - thank GOD for the weekend!!!

Afm, feeling great (well, aart from stuffing my face with breakfast - I'm staying at my parents as dh is away this weekend, and got a little over excited at what my mum had bought me!!!) but just sooo tired!!!

hi girls, hope you are all well...

ive still not seen a midwife! It was meant to be last week but they called and cancelled as all midwives got called to maternity ward as it was sooo busy. not impressed.lol

So now its on tuesday, I will be gone 10 weeks. I hope its not going to be too long until i get my scan appt! xx

Hi everyone,

I am sorry for yesterday I was having a really down day, I understand that you are all busy because I am too and I know the thread moves fast, I find it hard to keep up sometimes, yesterday and the night before I just cried at everything, but I'm feeling better today. Roma I hope that you never ever feel down because if you do dont expect support from me! Anyway I just wanted to apoligise and hope you are all feeling good today xxx

Ukgirl: this baby has made me extremely hormonal but fortunately th DH understands! I tend to lurk a lot because stuff moves along so quickly and I too am on my phone :)

I am hazarding that this really is a girl because the MS really isn't giving me a break except in the early AM and all I want are jelly donuts or ice cream? I'm thinking a Doppler after 12 weeks is a good idea (I'm superstitious!). Anything before that is too early for me :blush:

Anyhow, I should probably go eat my sweets before I start to feel ill :( Lively baby, lovely!

hi girls, hope you are all well...

ive still not seen a midwife! It was meant to be last week but they called and cancelled as all midwives got called to maternity ward as it was sooo busy. not impressed.lol

So now its on tuesday, I will be gone 10 weeks. I hope its not going to be too long until i get my scan appt! xx

I got a call yesterday saying I should book my 12w scan myself! I'm going to do it on Tuesday when I'm at the ultrasound clinic. Same happened last time!

Ukgirl: this baby has made me extremely hormonal but fortunately th DH understands! I tend to lurk a lot because stuff moves along so quickly and I too am on my phone :)

I am hazarding that this really is a girl because the MS really isn't giving me a break except in the early AM and all I want are jelly donuts or ice cream? I'm thinking a Doppler after 12 weeks is a good idea (I'm superstitious!). Anything before that is too early for me :blush:

Anyhow, I should probably go eat my sweets before I start to feel ill :( Lively baby, lovely!

Mmmm jelly donuts! (or jam as its called here!)
I'm loving anything sweet at the mo, really having to be careful as I don't want to undo a whole years careful dieting, my BMI is finally in the heathy range lol!

Teamo ive not seen my midwife yet either.. its booked for monday though.

Ukgirl, hey dont worry we all are having down days, im so hormonal its unreal, i cry everyday because i just feel like crap and am sick of it. I want to enjoy this pregnancy but at the moment im not, i feel like an ungrateful cow for saying that.
I just want April to come so i can hold my baby in my arms and feel better.
Im lucky my OH is off work at the mo so hes dealing with DS the majority of the time, i dont know how id cope otherwise

I'm just mega stressed out, I have 2 kids who are amazing but they make such a mess and lately fight alot because they are bored because I'm too tired to do much. my OH works split shifts so from 4am til 9pm, and during his break he just needs to sleep so the flat is a mess, I have no energy to cook, I barely manage the school run lol. It kinda just got on top of me the last few days and I went down but I have taken a while to relax and rethink and feel much better now. I'm sorry for taking it out on you guys!

dan-o I havent had any appointments through yet, apart from one I made myself for when I hit the 12 week mark. I'm going to call the midwife on monday and book myself in for a scan for the 12th week because I want the nuchal fold test.

liams-mom I'm really in love with mcflurries at the moment but any other sweets make me feel ill so you can keep your jam donuts :p xx

Yes we get routine nt screening here too and I dont want to miss the window of opportunity either. I'd always rather know as much a possible about anything in advance!

My DH works shifts also, so I can sympathise! Sometimes I feel like a single parent lol!

I hope everyone is feeling well today! Today I'm feeling super sleepy! It's raining out and has been raining all night, so it's dark and grey outside. I need to do some lesson planning today, so I guess being stuck inside the house should prevent me from too much procrastination. That is if I don't go crawl back into bed....:sleep:

Dan-o: You actually ate the onions?! Ewww..... :sick: I love pickled things, like regular dill pickles, saltbrine dills, pickled green beans and asparagus... but I can't wrap my head around eating pickled onions! I'm also trying to be really good about what I eat because I don't want to end up gaining too much to fast. I'm right on track so far according to my books. I'm approaching 8 weeks, 2 months, and I've gained two pounds.

liams_mom: I've never been a big fan of sweet stuff, I've always liked the salty and sour stuff better, but I find that I'm not really craving that atm either. My food interests right now are sort of strange and hard to describe. I had another moment the other day where I had packed myself some lunch (left over cooked sushi!) and when I opened it to eat it, I was totally grossed out by it and couldn't do it! So random.

gemini0616: I had a lot of cramping around weeks 4 and 5, the cramping has gone away now. Once and a while I get a bit of a shooting/stabbing pain feeling in my lower abdomen which is apparently ligaments stretching and expanding. Thankfully it's very infrequent and doesn't last long. I've found walking helps when it starts.

nimbec: Glad you're feeling better! Hopefully the feeling sticks around for a while. I'm so lucky that I don't really have MS. My mom never did and apparently my mom's mom didn't either. I know it's not a hereditary thing, but it looks like I might get lucky! I am soooo sleepy though. I could just nap all day long!

ukgirl: Glad you're feeling better now! I don't have any other lo's so sometimes I just have no frame of reference for what you're experiencing. I can only imagine how hard and stressful it must be!

I'm just mega stressed out, I have 2 kids who are amazing but they make such a mess and lately fight alot because they are bored because I'm too tired to do much. my OH works split shifts so from 4am til 9pm, and during his break he just needs to sleep so the flat is a mess, I have no energy to cook, I barely manage the school run lol. It kinda just got on top of me the last few days and I went down but I have taken a while to relax and rethink and feel much better now. I'm sorry for taking it out on you guys!

dan-o I havent had any appointments through yet, apart from one I made myself for when I hit the 12 week mark. I'm going to call the midwife on monday and book myself in for a scan for the 12th week because I want the nuchal fold test.

liams-mom I'm really in love with mcflurries at the moment but any other sweets make me feel ill so you can keep your jam donuts :p xx

Sorry for being harsh. I have been hormonal too but it's been more like bitchy, grumpy, not being able to sleep type of emotional rather than crying at commercials type of emotional. On top of being pregnant after 2 losses my DH and I just moved cross-country and he is feeling very down and doubting everything. Sorry for aiming my bitchiness at you. Hope you're feeling better.

I'm 9 weeks today! So sore and tired all the time. I'm due on april 14th. Anyone else having cramps, sharp pains and occasional lightheadedness or dizziness? Can't wait to take the intelligender test next week! Crossed fingers for a boy! Good luck to all you along your 1st trimester with me. This is me and the fathers first so its definitely going to be an adventure.

I've been a little crampy, but the nurse I talked to yesterday said that's completely normal during the first trimester. BUt sharp pains... I don't have that. Maybe ask your doctor about that one. But I have been occasionally lightheaded and I get little dizzy spells.
It's our first as well :) Good luck and congratulations!

Don't worry about it. I also have a hubby who works miserable hours (24-48 hour shifts) and we are home by ourselves a lot too, and it puts me on edge naturally. And plus, my only real outlet is places like this (for pregnancy talk, since no one "IRL" knows) and sometimes you just need to talk to others and get support. So I completely understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->