April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Thanks Lilly I'll try lol! Sounds like you are super busy too! Ooooh exciting about us tomorrow - make sure you ask for a pic!

Glad to hear a few of you are chilly and it's not just me!

Hi ladies, just got back from my second scan!

Sadly no pics as it was done via the little scanner in EPU again, but all looked good and I've gone from measuring behind to measuring ahead! This happened with my son too so I'm not suprised!

I now have two cysts on my ovary tho. They aren't huge, but they want to scan me again in a fortnight just to be on the safe side, fine with me!!

Also got a prescription for cyclogest which I am to take immediately if I start spotting.

So relieved.. and feeling like I am having great care from our NHS so far! Impressed!

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Hi ladies, just got back from my second scan!

Sadly no pics as it was done via the little scanner in EPU again, but all looked good and I've gone from measuring behind to measuring ahead! This happened with my son too so I'm not suprised!

I now have two cysts on my ovary tho. They aren't huge, but they want to scan me again in a fortnight just to be on the safe side, fine with me!!

Also got a prescription for cyclogest which I am to take immediately if I start spotting.

So relieved.. and feeling like I am having great care from our NHS so far! Impressed!

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Great news! Seems the LO is catching up with growth!:thumbup:

Good luck with the cysts. I never had cysts but I'm always worried, tomorrow I'll have a peace of mind about it as well.

Happy for you being so well taken care of!:hugs:

nimbec -- I'm lucky enough to ALWAYS suffer from random hiccupping. :haha: I get them more than anyone I know, pregnant or not. :dohh:

lily28 -- Can't wait to see pictures!

dan-o -- So glad you had a good scan! With the cyst and the bleeding scare, I'm getting loads of extra ultrasounds. Gotta find the silver lining. :winkwink:

So, this was morning #2 in a row of coming very close to throwing up first thing. So weird that's becoming a seemingly consistent event after my nausea has subsided so much. As much as I hate puking, I'll take feeling sick for 5-10 minutes and throwing up once a day over 24/7 nausea any time! Today is the first time I actually opened the toilet and hovered over it. :haha: Didn't throw up, just so close. Yuck.

Also, my belly is HUGE. Embarrassingly huge. I'm so afraid someone is going to ask me how far along I am and I'm going to have to say "Um... almost 10 weeks..." :haha: I've gained far less weight this time compared to last time at this point. I'm only up 3 pounds from pre-pregnancy and I'm nearly positive all 3 are just water retention. I carried so small with dd. Not sure I'm getting lucky again on that front. I really think I'm about the size I was at 22-23 weeks pregnant with her.

Oh Thank you nimbec! I burp & hiccup constantly! It's horrible. And freezing! OMG, if I'm not freezing I'm sweating. It's a never ending roller coaster!

I'm loving these sea bands right now! My DH says it's all in my head so I asked him last night "Then why didn't the ginger ale & ginger snaps work on Sunday?" Of course, silly man didn't have an answer!!! lol I went all afternoon & evening without throwing up yesterday. I took them off last night & of course I gagged in the shower this am. I put them back on after the shower & haven't been nauseous the rest of this morning!!! yippee!!!! So with that being said.... If it's all just a state of mind, I DON'T CARE!!!! As long as I'm not hoovering the toilet or trash can 24/7 I'm good with it!!!!

Last night I had horrible lower abdominal pains. They were sparatic. I haven't had any in a couple of weeks. I'm sure it was just my uterus doing some growing and stretching, but it sure made it difficult to sleep last night.... ugh.

So looks like I'll be a cranky little hormonal nut case today!!!! lol

Hope you ladies have a fantastic day!!!

LittleSpy I asked a very pregnant lady in the waiting room today what she did with nausea etc in the 1st tri and she said she used to take travel gum (with ok from the doctor of course). You can try some of this gum and see if you get better with this feeling.
As for the belly I read it is totally normal for women who had babes before to show this early, be proud of the bump and take advantage of it. I can't wait to skip queues!

maybesoon the hormones are driving us crazy it seems, hang in there! I think little cramps are totally ok, nothing to worry about.

Ok so I officially win the idiot of the day prize!! I have just eaten a whole bag of haribo type sweets and I mean a big bag! Guess what? I feel really sick and have pains - I guess the baby's not a sugar junkie like its mother !! Oh dear!

OMG!!

I just took a picture of my bump because I feel so ridiculous.

I compared it to my pictures from being pregnant with dd. It REALLY is the same size as my bump picture from 23 weeks 4 days with her! I'm kind of in shock. So embarrassing. :haha: I'll post a comparison when I get home from work. Hahaha, so funny.

My friend on FB just announced she is pregnant - due April 5! I am very happy for her but so jealous that she feels confident enough to tell everyone at only around 10 weeks! Good on her, I say, but I can't wait until I feel secure enough to make our FB announcement to our friends and family! I have a scan on Monday at which time I will be 10w and then another on October 5 when I will be about 12w5d, even when both of those go well I'm still not sure when I'll be able to spill the beans!

I just want this first trimester over with. I know there is no real "safe zone" but it seems to be a little less precarious after that 13-14 week mark...I just want to hibernate until Monday morning!!!

Roma I know exactly how you feel. Today is my 7w mark. And although I'm trying to stay positive & not think about it I can't help but worry. My only other pregnancy was miscarred at 7 weeks & I just have this huge fear even though my doctor tells me I shouldn't be concerned. And don't get me started on my DH.... He thinks I'm nuts for having any worries at all.

I just wanna get through this 7th week. I go in for my scan on Thursday & I'm so scared it's gonna be bad....

My friend on FB just announced she is pregnant - due April 5! I am very happy for her but so jealous that she feels confident enough to tell everyone at only around 10 weeks! Good on her, I say, but I can't wait until I feel secure enough to make our FB announcement to our friends and family! I have a scan on Monday at which time I will be 10w and then another on October 5 when I will be about 12w5d, even when both of those go well I'm still not sure when I'll be able to spill the beans!

I just want this first trimester over with. I know there is no real "safe zone" but it seems to be a little less precarious after that 13-14 week mark...I just want to hibernate until Monday morning!!!

I know how you feel about not wanting to announce to the world quite yet. I also just saw a friend announce their pregnancy. I am not quite sure how far along she is, but from the picture she posted to announce the pregnancy, she looks like she is in her 1st trimester. I also just found out that my SIL is also pregnant. It is both exciting and also stressful because I can't help but to worry that things might not go well for me. We are waiting to tell everyone after we have had the 18-20 week scan where they make sure everything is looking good. That was the scan during my first pregnancy when we got the bad news that the baby's heart didn't develop properly...:cry:

I don't think I will be able to relax until I hold my baby...

I found out I had a mmc/ blighted ovum when I was 11 weeks last summer (the day after my wedding ugh), they said there was just a sac and it hadn't developed past 6w. It was just such an awful shock, and I felt really stupid for some reason...I had been waking around thinking I was pregnant all that time when I really wasn't. It felt like a cruel joke. And since I had no scans at all, no betas and not even any real confirmation from a medical professional, I really don't know if there ever was a heart beat or if there wasn't. I decided to go with a midwife (in British Columbia, Canada) and I have to say that looking back I am pretty unimpressed with my care, or rather, the lack thereof. I just wish I really knew what happened.

At the US I had when I went in due to bleeding at 11w it showed an empty sac measuring I think 1.5cm which was about what it would be at 6w. So was it really a blighted ovum or was it progressing normally and then the little bean just died at some point and my body absorbed it? Ugh. I just don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->