April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Ok so I officially win the idiot of the day prize!! I have just eaten a whole bag of haribo type sweets and I mean a big bag! Guess what? I feel really sick and have pains - I guess the baby's not a sugar junkie like its mother !! Oh dear!

Ugh I've had a bit of a haribo habit too! Thing is they make me feel I'll after I've eaten them as well, but I can't seem to help myself :haha: :dohh:

My next appointment is not until Oct 5th...so far away...I will be close to completing my 11th week. I wish I could have a scan every week to make sure things are progressing as they should. My DH thinks I should just enjoy every moment instead of worrying so much, but I can't help but to keep wondering how my munchkin is doing. The only thing that lets me know that things might be good is that I have nausea, tiredness and the sore boobs. Even that is not reassuring because I have read many women still have pregnancy symptoms while they have had a missed miscarriage. I don't have any history with having a miscarriage, but it doesn't mean I can't have one.

I think I drive myself crazy just thinking about all the possibilities of something going wrong:wacko:

chig -- Sorry, but you won't be relaxing about it after baby is here. Just saying. :winkwink: I still watch my almost 14 month old in the video monitor to make sure she's breathing sometimes. :dohh:

I think a lot of people feel comfortable enough to announce after their first ultrasound because once you're about 8-9 weeks along and you've seen baby's heartbeat and everything looks good, your chance of miscarriage is quite small. I don't think it really goes down all that much with 2nd tri after that. It may be a significant drop statistically speaking, but going from a 1-2% chance of miscarriage after 9 weeks with confirmed growth and strong heartbeat to like a .5% chance is miscarriage or whatever it may be after 1st tri really doesn't mean much to me. Even if it went from 1-2% to 0%, it wouldn't mean much to me. Very personal decision for sure but I wanted to highlight why someone may be quite reasonably comfortable announcing 1st tri.

You ladies really have to stop talking about Haribo!! :haha:

Since I'm supposed to be resting for at least 7 days past my last spotting (and I'm still spotting :dohh:), I'm really trying to watch what I eat. The only reason I haven't gained a million pounds yet is because I've been exercising! Don't know what I'm going to do this week! It's so hard not to give in to cravings.:blush:

Thinking about taking a slow walk this afternoon but I'm not sure it's worth it when comparing how much good that will do in terms of burning calories versus how much bad it may do with me over-exerting myself in my current um... "condition." Guess I'll just have to stop being a piggy. :cry:

Littlespy- look forward to the pic! I look massive some days, but normal on others, it's odd!

Honey- congrats and welcome!!

Roma- I've given up waiting to tell people now, if tell them in the event of another loss anyway. It really knocks your confidence suffering more than one loss in a row tho doesn't it. Hopefully you are third time lucky hun :hugs:

Chig- I won't relax even when the baby's born, im a nightmare lol!! I must admit I've been trying to enjoy this pregnancy for as long as it lasts rather than worrying. The way I see it, nothing I can do or say will change the outcome, so I may as well make the most of it! I didn't with my son and regret it slightly as pregnancy is such a special time in your life!

Maybe - I hope this week passes quickly for you hun!

Oh Thank you nimbec! I burp & hiccup constantly! It's horrible. And freezing! OMG, if I'm not freezing I'm sweating. It's a never ending roller coaster!

OH My! I burp all the time! I guess it is better than coming out the other way! :haha: It doesn't matter what I eat or drink, that air still comes back up.

As for the hormones, I feel so sorry for my DH. My mood can change so quickly it puts us both on a roller coaster. :dohh: Hopefully I can learn to contain it a bit more.

AFM, feeling pretty good today. I jogged last night for the first time in a long while. I was pretty active before falling pg, but I haven't felt well enough to get my self motivateed to do anything since. I have only gained 1-2 pounds so far, but I think it is mostly fat from sitting around the past 8 weeks. :haha: I felt so big last night I had to do something. I went nice and easy, but felt so good afterwards! I think this is something I need to keep doing! I used the doppler afterwards to make sure baby was okay--nice strong HB chugging away! :thumbup:

My next appt is on Thursday...it can't come soon enough!

Roma... It's really hard when we don't have the answers. It leaves your mind to wonder on & on. I hate it.

Afternoon all!

Dan-o glad the scan went well!!

Nimbec, I feel a lot better today (in terms of how I was emotionally feeling yesterday anyway!!!)

Just a short hello from me today. Got home from work at 4.55. Was in bed by 5pm, and had an hours sleep. Just feel awful today. I was fine til lunchtime, then couldn't eat my lunch, and am just so exhausted.

Nimbec, maybe I'll borrow some haribo to perk me up!!! (I actually find eating junk settles my stomach when feeling a bit dodgy. My baby is exactly like her mother!!)

GOod news - scan tomorrow :)

Congrats again to all April mommies...

I do have a question.. have any of you ladies felt very hungry, but once you're finally eating you can't seem to eat as much as you thought you would??

I myself used to eat like a cow pre pregnancy lol and now I just can't seem to eat even a portion of what I'd normally eat. I guess it's not totally bad, but at the same time I don't want to feel like I'm depriving the baby. I don't have morning sickness although I have my occasional sprouts of nausea, but it's gone away as of late... Thanks for your help dolls

You ladies really have to stop talking about Haribo!! :haha:

Since I'm supposed to be resting for at least 7 days past my last spotting (and I'm still spotting :dohh:), I'm really trying to watch what I eat. The only reason I haven't gained a million pounds yet is because I've been exercising! Don't know what I'm going to do this week! It's so hard not to give in to cravings.:blush:

Thinking about taking a slow walk this afternoon but I'm not sure it's worth it when comparing how much good that will do in terms of burning calories versus how much bad it may do with me over-exerting myself in my current um... "condition." Guess I'll just have to stop being a piggy. :cry:

LOL Yes I know what you mean. After some brown spotting on Friday, I have the 7 day resting order as well. I'm trying very hard to be good about what I eat but all I seem to want is crabs! ugh :dohh:

sweetangel84 -- Yes, I suffer with the same terrible affliction. :haha: I'll be starving and proceed to pile my plate full of food. And be totally stuffed after 1/4 of it. :dohh: I've just been going with smaller more frequent meals which proves difficult for me on 2 accounts because 1) I don't like having to stop to eat so often and 2) when I eat, I like to try to eat a lot. :haha:

I've been doing breakfast around 8.30, then snack around 11 then lunch around 1 then snack around 3.30 then dinner around 6 and 2nd dinner around 9. :haha: :blush: I had a nutritionist tell me a couple weeks ago that I should actually get up to eat during the middle of the night! She claimed it was making my morning sickness worse to go about 12 hours without eating. Now, she may have been right, but I'm definitely not setting an alarm to eat in the middle of the night. :haha: Luckily my m/s magically disappeared last week. :happydance: Still in shock about that.

Oh tell me about it ladies.... My favorite Shogun Steak & Sushi restraunt FINALLY opened this week in my hometown. :happydance: I have been waiting for 2 years for them to open & not have to drive 1 1/2 hours to get my sushi fix.... :sad2: Now they are open & I can't have my sushi.... :nope: I almost broke down in tears :cry: yesterday when I saw it was finally open. My DH doesn't like sushi so he's like "what's the big deal?" :growlmad: I almost told him I was gonna cut his balls off & see how he liked spending time without them!!!! (but I didn't) ANGRY much.... Yep that's me!!! :brat:

Congrats again to all April mommies...

I do have a question.. have any of you ladies felt very hungry, but once you're finally eating you can't seem to eat as much as you thought you would??

I myself used to eat like a cow pre pregnancy lol and now I just can't seem to eat even a portion of what I'd normally eat. I guess it's not totally bad, but at the same time I don't want to feel like I'm depriving the baby. I don't have morning sickness although I have my occasional sprouts of nausea, but it's gone away as of late... Thanks for your help dolls

Congrats to you too! :) I'm the opposite, I never feel hungry anymore I only suddenly crave foods and have to force myself to eat but when I do start eating I find it hard to stop although I have noticed I get fuller quicker :( I read that all the vitamins and stuff your baby needs is stored in your liver and is slow released so dont worry too much if one day you can only face a packet of crisps! :) xx

maybesoon... my OH is the opposite, he knows I love brie and cant have it now and suddenly he's having it croissants and rolls with ham... melted on toast.. I could kill him!

LittleSpy I was also told to eat during the night to help with my nausea.... Ummm yeah, I'm with you... I like to sleep entirely too much to be getting up & eating!!! I'm so happy that the ms has left you alone!!! Luckily for me these sea bands are doing me wonders right now!

Littlespy- look forward to the pic! I look massive some days, but normal on others, it's odd!

Honey- congrats and welcome!!

Roma- I've given up waiting to tell people now, if tell them in the event of another loss anyway. It really knocks your confidence suffering more than one loss in a row tho doesn't it. Hopefully you are third time lucky hun :hugs:

Chig- I won't relax even when the baby's born, im a nightmare lol!! I must admit I've been trying to enjoy this pregnancy for as long as it lasts rather than worrying. The way I see it, nothing I can do or say will change the outcome, so I may as well make the most of it! I didn't with my son and regret it slightly as pregnancy is such a special time in your life!

Maybe - I hope this week passes quickly for you hun!

Thank you!!! :)

Littlespy and maybesoon- I haven't heard of eating during the night to help with ms (and I'm a dietitian! lol) but it makes sense in theory, I guess. But I am with you--it's not worth setting the alarm to wake up in the middle night and disturb any sleep I might be getting. We ladies need our sleep--To me, sleep overrules eating in the middle of the night. :haha:

I am on the same boat too. I get hungry and feel like I can eat so much, but then I can't finish what I started. I always feel bad that I may not be getting all my nutrients for the baby, but I am doing the best that I can. Actually, a lot of the foods that I eat don't taste that good to me anymore. I can't figure out what to eat:dohh:

I am feeling so sleepy...:sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->