April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

readytomum.... Thank you very much! I agree, he's not in the position to care for himself right now let alone a family. Yes he has 2 other children from his previous marriage (4yr old boy & 6 yr old girl). He has them from Sunday after lunch until Thursday morning and they alternate Wednesdays. So he has them just a little more than their mother.

And I agree about doing this also for his 2 kiddos. I thought about calling CPS (US child protective services) however, they are just so swamped that you have to have good evidence that the kids are in harms way or being neglected pretty badly. Unfortunately, I can't prove either at this point. The only thing I could do is wait til the evening time when I know he's usually drunk & call them, but there is no guaranty they would go to his house at that time nor that he would act drunk enough. That's the bad thing about him. He can drink an 20 beers & not act drunk at all. He just gets mellow & almost absent from the world. But if you didn't know him, you wouldn't notice.

I truly pray he gets help. In the case that he doesn't I am preparing for a fight. I will demand that the Court Orders him to alcohol treatment along with pyschological treatment and family counseling including his children since they will be in the same house at times with our baby together. Hopefully if I can get the Court to Order that then the truth will come out & they will remove his kids from him until he is better.

Aww Nimbec!! Can't wait to see scan pics!! glad everything went well.

Ahahaha about bellybutton girls. Littlespy mine never popped out just got shallower as well Xx

Wow maybesoon, I can't believe how much of a twat he is still being! Stay strong, document everything and look after yourself and your little muffin! :hugs:

Woohoo, to all the 12 weekers! I am nearly there, just a week and a half to go!

It's my birthday on Friday and dh is taking me somewhere special and romantic for dinner with NO KIDS! I am sooooo looking for our date :) I even went out an bought a whole new outfit. The dress is sooooo lovely i will feel like a princess :)

Wow maybesoon, I can't believe how much of a twat he is still being! Stay strong, document everything and look after yourself and your little muffin! :hugs:

It's my birthday on Friday and dh is taking me somewhere special and romantic for dinner with NO KIDS! I am sooooo looking for our date :) I even went out an bought a whole new outfit. The dress is sooooo lovely i will feel like a princess :)
awww how fun! Sounds like the two of you will have an amazing night together! Enjoy it!

I am Danielle! I am also due in April. I was first given the 17th but based on babys growth the 15

Sounds like a hot date! :thumbup: I'm sure you'll have a great time!!

Hi ladies! How is everyone?
I have so much to catch up on, so I'll read everyones posts later when I have a bit more time.

I'm 11 weeks tomorrow! Only another week till my nt scan. So excited!
I have so much going on at the moment. So I'm a bundle of nerves and excitement all in one. lol.

Tomorrow I have to take my son up to the hospital as he is having tests done to make sure he doesn't have cycstic fibrosis or any other bad illness that needs treatment. I'm positive the tests will come back negative and that he has asthma like me. So fingers crossed all goes well tomorrow.

Its my daughters 6th birthday on Friday! I can't believe it, they grow sooo fast!!
And on top of all this and having a new bub I'm getting married next year!! Just told my family last night and ended up with tonnes of messages of congratulations. I guess they are all excited, lol.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Will catch up on all posts later :flower:

Its my daughter's birthday on friday too. Because it will be such a busy day and I may not get a chance to hop on here. Happy Birthday to you!! Hope you have a fabulous day and enjoy your romantic dinner! xx

....12 weeks today!!! :happydance:

Cannot believe it! This seemed so far away when I found out I was pregnant (at 3+6).

Question: I have heard different start dates for second tri....I thought it was 14 weeks but lots of people say 12. What's the thinking on this one? Should I take a middle value and say 13?!

Cannot believe it! This seemed so far away when I found out I was pregnant (at 3+6).

Question: I have heard different start dates for second tri....I thought it was 14 weeks but lots of people say 12. What's the thinking on this one? Should I take a middle value and say 13?!
I think people say different weeks but I would take it as the end of week 12 is the end of first tri. So in saying that yes I would say week 13 is start of second tri.:thumbup:

Congrats!

According to my Mayo pregnancy book, the last day of the 12th week is the last day of the 1tri, and the start of 2nd tri. It makes total sense :thumbup:

Good morning ladies, I'm away on business and I have 2 meetings today, but I'd rather just stay in the hotel and sleep haha!
I think my belly is sticking out a little today, the little moomin is definitely growing well. I have the biggest craving for fruit salad (and I hate fruit) :haha:
It's a good thing mama moomin and little moomin, we agree on 1 subject, we both love Asian food! :munch:

I always thought it was 12 weeks too and I've had 2 kids lol.. because after 12 weeks the placenta takes over and the babies liver makes its own blood cells, so that is phase 1 completed lol... Thats why we feel less tired and sick in the second trimester :D I can not wait for next tuesday when I will be 12 weeks, congratulations to all of you who are there already!!

lily thats so cute! fruit salad is yummy!! I'm craving an egg mayo wrap for breakfast, I had one yesterday it was amazing!!!!! foodgasm!!!

OH is now sick too... so ironically the whole house is puking except me.. the person you would expect it from most lol!! I'm tired today, DS was sick in my bed last night :( Hope you all have a lovely day! xxx

Morning ladies!!! Congrats on 11 & 12 weeks I can't believe we've made it either whooooo hoooooo!!!!

I read a post at top of pregnancy club forum by administrators that explains trimesters its different in different countries haha typical!! Quite interesting tho if u fancy a read!

Oh no Ukgirl that's really rough poor you what a horrid week you've had (((hugs)))

Lilly hope all goes well I feel like staying in bed today too :(

Welcome to the new lady (danielle i think sorry im on phone and cant scroll back :s) and congrats this is a great thread to be on everyone is so supportive!

While I'm on the subject just want to say a massive thanks to you all for being so great for the last ?? 8/9ish weeks!! Long may it continue hopefully we can stick together through all tri's and birth eeeek that sounds scary!!

How many of you is it your first? It's my first baby lots of daft questions to ask so I warn u in advance lol

Thanks everyone, I will take the start of week 13 (or end of week 12!) as the second tri!

Nimbec this is my first baby too!

It's great having experienced ladies around to ask about stuff (e.g. the belly button thing :haha:)

Hi ladies, just stopping by to update after my scan. Everything looks good and still measuring bang on for my ov dates, so my EDD will be changed to the 21st now (just as I thought!) Sadly no pics again, as it was done via the EPAU.. again.
My next one in 2 weeks is a proper scan tho, so I will get a pic then :)

Melissabump - Congrats on becoming a MRS!!

Maybesoon - Hang in there sweetie, sounds like you're having a terrible time of it :hugs:

Nimbec - Huge congrats on the wonderful scan results! Did you get a cute pic?

Doggylover - Congrats on 12 weeks! That is truly bizarre about your belly button! :haha: mine never popped last time, but I had a back to back baby, so always had a smaller/funny shaped bump!

Vidal - Hello and welcome!!!

Kristyrich - I hope everything goes OK with your boy hun. :hugs:

UKgirl - congrats on the 11 week milestone!! Wow we are all zipping along now! I can sympathise, we are all ill here too, LO picked up a steaming snotting cold with tummy upset from toddler group last week, myself and DH have it today. Lovely. LOL!!

Lily - I don't envy you having to attend meetings away today! Hope you feel OK for it all!

Hope I've replied to everyone. I'm off to chillax, DH is home so can entertain LO for me this afternoon! :haha: :flower:

xxx

PS. I'm just gonna go for 13 weeks as the end of the 1st tri, all very confusing how it differs everywhere!

First here as well. You guys have been awesome! I'm sure my doc would have cancelled me as a patient, If I had not had this board and you ladies to stalk and ask :haha:

I had my OB appointment yesterday and asked her the same 2nd trimester question... her answer was: You've made it lol. I would agree with the end of 12 weeks but I'll take the 2nd trimester early anytime :haha:

I have to say, I fell 100% human again! It's crazy, but I actually don't feel pregnant (except for my bloat/belly that grows throughout the day lol). My skin is clearing up, no more MS (or the need to eat every hour), bbs are less sore, and not really tired anymore! Now I know why they say that the 2nd trimester is the best :happydance:

I ahve my NT scan tomorrow. Unfortunately OH can't make it because he is traveling for his job :cry:. I guess I will tape it on my phone and text it to him.

Glad to see everyone is ticking along nicely!! I'm at 10 weeks today! :happydance:

I'm still feeling like death with this bug I've caught. I cancelled my class today because there was just no way I was going to be able to make the commute (5 hrs each way to teach for 1.5 hours). I'm sure my students won't mind though. :haha:

Thankfully DH hasn't cought it yet, but he's a teacher and it's going around his school too, so I feel like it's just a matter of time. I *really* hope he doesn't get it though... he turns into such a baby when he's sick! :dohh: Is anyone else's OH like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->