April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Readyto - both my DH.. AND my DS are like that :rofl:
Men! :dohh:

Thankfully DH hasn't cought it yet, but he's a teacher and it's going around his school too, so I feel like it's just a matter of time. I *really* hope he doesn't get it though... he turns into such a baby when he's sick! :dohh: Is anyone else's OH like that?

Isn't everyone's? :haha:

doggy -- I think 13/14 weeks is fine to say you're in 2nd tri. :thumbup: There are different ways of calculating trimesters which is where the discrepency comes into play. Divide 40 by 3, or divide 38 by 3 (and then add the 2 weeks before you ovulate onto 2nd tri), and then there's another way but I forget -- I think it just breaks the pregnancy down by the baby's development, so when the placenta is taking over and the baby is a fetus is when 2nd tri starts, I think. Any way you do it, you're definitely there by the middle of the 14th week. I think my docs consider week 13 as the start of 2nd tri.

Hello ladies!!! :hugs: Congrats to everyone ending their 1st trimester or getting close. I can't wait to get there myself!!!

Today is a new day & I'm doing my best to make it a positive one. Working on focusing on myself & my LO.

Hope you ladies have a fantastic day!

Oh man alive. my last class of the day are driving me insane!!

Now, please bear in mind these are 11/12 year olds.

"What country is Northern Ireland attached to? What other country makes up the island of Ireland?"

Answer... "Scotland."

Bearing in mind we are 13 miles from the Northern Ireland/Republic of Ireland border...I am horrified!!!!

Hilarious! You must have the patience of a saint lol!!! :haha:

Morning ladies!!! Congrats on 11 & 12 weeks I can't believe we've made it either whooooo hoooooo!!!!

I read a post at top of pregnancy club forum by administrators that explains trimesters its different in different countries haha typical!! Quite interesting tho if u fancy a read!

Oh no Ukgirl that's really rough poor you what a horrid week you've had (((hugs)))

Lilly hope all goes well I feel like staying in bed today too :(

Welcome to the new lady (danielle i think sorry im on phone and cant scroll back :s) and congrats this is a great thread to be on everyone is so supportive!

While I'm on the subject just want to say a massive thanks to you all for being so great for the last ?? 8/9ish weeks!! Long may it continue hopefully we can stick together through all tri's and birth eeeek that sounds scary!!

How many of you is it your first? It's my first baby lots of daft questions to ask so I warn u in advance lol
Yep, this is my first baby too!!!

That was from the class who gave me the ever memorable quote "what animal does vegetarian meat come from?" sometimes I find it hard not to just stare in awe at them...they definitely need a LOT of patience!!!

Ouch...I'm sore today. I'm stretching! Clearly my hips are moving outwards...

lol doggylover! I don't know how teachers do it. I know I definately couldn't.

Then again I work with the public & I wonder most days how I keep my sanity..... oh wait.... I'm pretty my sanity was lost a week ago....

Have a great day!!!

Hello Ladies! Lots to catch up on!
I am glad to hear a lot of you are getting to the second tri and feeling better! I will be 13 weeks near the end of this week and cannot wait...I thought I was feeling better then MS came back, but not as bad, so I am hoping this is the end of it. I think I will count beginning of week 13 as 2nd tri...less than a week to go!

Sorry to hear those that are going through a hard time at the moment. You ladies are all so strong, just reading your stories throughout the day make me realize how easy I have it and that it should not be taken for granted. Stay strong and good luck!

We have started to tell a few people outside of our immediate family now...let the news chain begin. I'm sure plenty of other people will know soon enough!
I cannot wait to get some sort of a bump...still nothing there. Everytime we talk to my MIL on the phone she is always asking "is she showing yet?" Our answer is always, "no, not yet..." Maybe one day...sigh. I envy all you with cute bumps already!

Bjs don't envy the bump - I'm dreading what I'll look like in a few weeks time! Beached whale comes to mind :haha:

lmao doggylover.... I'm starting to show a little... It really scares the crap out of me because I'm such a small girl anyway. I'm going to look like I swallowed an entire family of whales by the time I deliver!!!!

hi girls!!!

Haha doggylover! you maybe shouldn't admit to being their teacher ;-)

hope everyone's well. i told work im up the duffer today. i was so nervous cause there's lots in my office and we're being made redundant :-D went well though Xx

Haha Doggylover & maybesoon that made me chuckle then a sigh of relief as I'm the same and def showing already was size 8 uk size now nothing and I mean nada goes even close to fitting both tops and bottoms!! Ooooops!!

Hi ladies!!! I just got finished catching up on all the pages of unread posts. I have been really busy and also been fighting a cold and cough. I am finally back to myself...I think!

It looks like more and more of you ladies are reaching the 12 week mark. I have my next appointment next Friday on Oct 5th with my OB and then another appointment for my 12 weeks NT scan on Oct 16th (I'll be just finishing my 12th week)...Everything still seems so far away. I just can't wait to see my little peanut wiggling around. I pray he/she is doing okay in there. I am still not showing that much, other than looking bloated sometimes. I can't wait to show off my bump! I hope to join you ladies in the 2nd trimester soon!!!

chig I'm right there with you. I have my next scan on October 15th! I can't wait to see him/her moving around!

nimbec I started out size 2 US and although I still have not gained a single pound (per the scales again this morning) I have a little bump, but it's my hips. My work bottoms are no longer fitting around my hips. As for shirts..... My boobs are on their path to exploding my buttons. I can no longer wear any of my shirts that have buttons! eeekkk...

:rofl: at "up the duff." I'm sorry, but that phrase gets me every time. Not sure why I find it so funny.

OMG, nothing like the smell of microwaved fish to welcome me back to my office from lunch. :sick: MS has been gone for a few weeks now but smell/food aversions and heightened gag reflex remain. :dohh: I don't think I'm ever going to be able to drink coffee again the smell puts me off so much now. I LOVE coffee. :brat:

Nimbeck yes this is my first baby as well, this is why all the info from the other women here that have more is so invaluable!

My morning meeting was very good, we have another one on Thursday to follow up. I also have a business dinner in 30 min and I'm in PJs in my bed in the hotel haha!

The hardest part of the day was being outside, in the drizzle standing on my feet for more than an hour. I have a nice hemorrhoid now thanks to the standing up :p

By Christmas I wil have no more work and I will take it super easy. The most challenging part of my day will be rubbing the belly with cream :D

About DHs/OHs and being total babies when they are sick. OMG this is true for everyone. I don't dare say "I have a head ache" and DH has something close to meningitis or ebola. It is very frustrating and I can't take him seriously, it is like the boy who cries wolf every time. Is he really sick or is he just a baby?

BTW what is up with men assuming women have no sense of direction? 2 guys today were trying to tell me how to go from point a to point b, and they were giving such bad directions it drove me crazy. I take out my google maps on my cell and show them the point B and tell them are you guys telling me this is it? And they still couldn't agree with me or even between them. They were hopeless. BTW I'm extra talented when it comes to directions, I've never being lost and these guys just assumed I needed their(very bad) advice.

I couldn't find fruit salad anywhere and I just had to make do with a fruit smoothie, but it was not the same :(

About the bump showing. Last week DH said it shows, but I honestly couldn't see it. I still wear the same clothes, different bras though. Yesterday and today the skinny jeans were a little tight on the button, and next week I'm getting the elastic band for them. I think I can only see a difference when I'm naked, when I wear my clothes I look the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->