April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Ok, back from holiday and it was great, except for the part where I ended up having some totally unexpected spotting, was seen at the ER and nothing is wrong with the baby or me that they can find. Then again today I start bleeding and go for another soon and got a wonderful 11 week nub shot which i'll show shortly, but still nothing wrong with me or the baby. I've had red blood, brown blood, pink blood, but no clotting. They think it might be something cervical and I can't say that the hubby was too pleased with the diagnoses of pelvic rest on our belated honeymoon :( Anyhow, they'll be checking my cervix next I believe. Anyhow, here's the scan:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/cleveraccident/BABYNO2_zpscd3efbae.jpeg
So, are we thinking girl or boy? I'm seeing all girl even though its just 11 weeks. Dun dun dun...

Hi! Sorry you have been spotting but it's great that you and bubs are fine! Love your new scan pic. I sent you a private message a few weeks back but wasn't sure if you got it. :shrug:

Liam'smom sorry u are spotting but at least bubs is ok!! Lovely scan pic!!

Ladies I won't be on much today as have a 4hr drive to my mums yuk! (the trip that is!) really looking forward to it as she is taking me shopping tomorrow for clothes :) feeling sorry for me I think lol. But I'm definately not complaining!!!!! Hope you all have a great day!

Had an u/s and appt this morning. All is well. Didn't get any pictures at all this time. :nope: But I paid close attention to the nub and, wow, I'm thinking girl now! :dohh: Everything in me screams boy but the nub and heartbeat are just... exactly the same as my daughter's were at 12+2 (I'm 12+1 today). We find out in less than 3 weeks! :happydance:

One thing that surprised me -- when I was talking to the OB about reasonable weight gain, she told me it's totally fine (actually encouraged) for me to TRY to lose weight while pregnant! :happydance: Then she provided me with 2 articles/studies from a medical journal supporting it. I'm thrilled! I'm the same weight I was at 40 weeks pregnant with my daughter and I really don't want to gain any. I was so torn between wanting to eat healthy and reduce calories and exercise and wanting not to deprive baby. But she said studies show benefits far outweigh any cons (and the only thing that could possibly be construed as a "con" was lower birthweight babies, but not like failure to grow babies, just slightly smaller than obese women who gained weight during pregnancy). Anyway, the disclaimer here is that only obese women are encouraged to lose weight or not gain any. I was classed as obese when I got pregnant with Maisie (us size 10/192 pounds/5'4"), and now I'm 40 pounds heavier. :blush: Anyway, I'm excited! My very realistica and doable goal is to not gain any weight. My idealistic goal is to be 20 pounds lighter on delivery day than I am today (which is essentially like losing 35lbs of fat in the next 28ish weeks). I told her my diet/exercise plan and she said it's good (it's a very healthy plan of 1800 calories a day and exercise at least 5 times a week, so no worries).

Little spy, good luck with the weight loss programme!
I only put on 7kg with my last pregnancy, which meant i weighed less after i gave birth than when i started! Since I had my son I've been dieting/healthy eating by using the my fitness pal app, and got my bmi down to 25! It's great for tracking calories. I've switched to maintaining my weight now tho which is 1800 cals a day -ish in my case. I'm not too religious about it, but its useful to keep tabs on things now my willpower seems to have gone out of the window lol :haha:

Ukgirl, hope your cold goes soon. We've all had it too, but it really lingering on with my boy, he's been Snotting for a week now!

Liamsmom, sorry to hear about the bleeding, but so glad everything is fine! That scan pic is gorgeous!

Nimbec, hope you have a lovely time with your mum!

Liam's mom sorry that your spotting happened on holiday, but glad everything is ok with the baby! Great scan pic!

Nimbec - my mum offered to take me shopping too as I now fit into almost nothing I own! We won't go for a few weeks as I want to hold off, but its great knowing that she'll buy things :haha:

Feeling a wee bit sicker today than I have recently, but nothing major. Got my flu jab this morning (my dad and I went together, like a weird father daughter activity!) and boy did the woman stab me!!!! My arm is still sore!

Uk ladies - there was an article in the daily mail (ok maybe not the most reliable source!) saying that there is an outbreak of whooping cough and that all pregnant women are to be offered the vaccine between 28-38 weeks, in the hope immunity will be passed onto baby to prevent any more deaths (9 already apparently) maybe something to mention to your midwives?

doggylover my midwife mentioned it to me yesterday and said we get it now at 28-38 weeks like you heard and it's completely safe, we get flu jabs too.. I asked her about the swine flu jabs and she said it was a rumour and they dont vaccinate for swine flu anymore lol xx

urgh its not nice dan-o I've had mine for about a week now and starting to feel better today but now my stomach is hurting.. hope I haven't got the vomiting virus after all :( xx Hope your little guy feels better soon! xx

doggylover my midwife mentioned it to me yesterday and said we get it now at 28-38 weeks like you heard and it's completely safe, we get flu jabs too.. I asked her about the swine flu jabs and she said it was a rumour and they dont vaccinate for swine flu anymore lol xx

That's good to know, thanks :)

So confused about this new vaccinating while pregnant trend.

How do they know its 100% safe when they've never done it before? Also, no vaccine is 100% safe, there are always people who will react to it!
I would happily have the vaccine after I give birth to pass the immunity on via my breast milk, but I wouldn't be happy vaccinating while pregnant, just in case.
I know it's unusual, but my son had a bit of a reaction to the 5 in 1 vaccine they are using for whooping cough. He had swollen joints and couldn't walk for 48 hours. :(

dan-o maybe they will have some answers for you at the midwife if you tell them about ds having a reaction I dont blame you for being worried about it. I would feel the same. I will do the vaccine for sure, by the time we have to have it there should be some sort of feedback on how well it's doing. I think we only have the flu and whooping cough vaccine in pregnancy. those were the only 2 my midwife mentioned.
She did say the whooping cough was a 4 in 1 vaccine against polio, tetanus and diphtheria as well. it's meant to protect baby until they can be vaccinated at 2 months I think :/ She couldn't tell me much as they only found out about it that morning hopefully you can get more info than I did at my appointment xx

liamsmom -- I'd love to take a nub guess but I'm afraid I can't spot the nub! SO glad everything's okay with bubs!!

lol, my daughter is insisting on playing hide and seek right now so be back later. :haha:

How are you girls doing?

On the vaccinations: I'm not vaccinating while pregnant. Maybe while breastfeeding.

Oh I'm so tired, but finally home. I wanted to get a nap but my nose is congested and dry, a guy in the building is practicing his guitar and singing, and I'm too irritated to relax and sleep a bit...

Liams mom, oh gosh bleeding while on vacay... Whata scare. I hope you guys had a good time though!

I bleed from my hemorrhoids, started this morning. I 'm in major pain. It must be all the standing up and lifting my suitcase all over trains and aiports, and of course the bloody constipation... Seems I can't get a break. I'm now googling things like if it is ok to do a colon cleanse and fruit juice fast while pregnant. I'd do anything for some relief.

Hope you are having a better time than me, instead of a P.I.T.A. weekend.

Lily what is a pita weekend?! I'm sorry you are suffering, but good to be home, despite the lack of nap, I'm sure.,

So I just bid on my first baby item on eBay :happydance: now I'm upset that I might not get it! It's cloth nappies which are a total bargain. That's thing I hate about eBay - you may not get what you want! I know that that's kind of the whole point of the site - it's auctions....but I REALLY want these!!! And I was dead against buying preloved nappies, but now I've seen them (the exact type I want!) I NEED them!!! :haha:

pita = pain in the ass

doggylover -- At least in the US, I find eBay to be one of the more expensive places to buy cloth diapers (unless you get cheap diapers like baby city/baby land or the no-name ones from china but all those diapers pretty much suck). I sold some diapers that weren't working for us that had been used for 6 weeks for more on eBay than I paid for them new from the manufacturer! I'm not complaining, but people can really be morons about bidding. :haha:

Yeah in general I haven't actually seen anything much cheaper on eBay except the ones from china (which I can only imagine are somewhat suspect! :haha:) but this is a set of 35 fitted nappies with wraps and boosters for (at the minute!) £50 which is about $80. Considering they are £10 each new, I am very happy! I think I'd go up to £100 ($160 I assume!) for them.

I was looking at some AI2earlier which we're on sale for £5 each but the inserts were £2 each so by the time I put 6 wraps and 20 inserts into the shopping basket it was £70!

I'm having trouble with this whole spending money now to save in the future concept!

I've got some one size bumgenius I'll be listing soon, I think it's 7 white ones, pre washed, but never got round to using them as I had some dark blue ones as well and didn't want to spoil the white ones washing them together lol!
I used only cloth on my boy until he started drinking juice at about 6-7 months old. Worked well for us until he became a heavy wetter!
Think I've also got a couple of random brand new ones, wonderoos and something else. I'll give you the heads up when I finally get round to destashing in case you are still looking for a few others!

Lily, sorry your having such a ruff weekend. I have no experience with relief on either but I hope you feel better soon!

Liam, could the bleeding maybe be because of BDing? I know that's what caused mine. Try not to worry and just relax. Stupid timing on vacation but at least everything checked out ok.

Afm, totally exhausted. OH wanted to go on the track (motorcycle racing) today, so I played pit crew. He's done it for me before so no big deal but I do have to say... Really wanted to go out and play :( . Won't be getting back on a bike anytime soon, so I guess I have to let him enjoy it at least lol.
Long day and now still have to go to dinner (which I have absolutely no appetite for).
Stopped by my parents house for a little while and my dad asked me if I was going to breast feed ... Lol... I told him that I didn't feel the need to answer that and my mom just laughed... I know they just want to be supportive but I feel like I need some privacy lol.

hey ladies...so thurdsay evening I had a slip and fall outside of the front door of the gas station and unfortunatly I feel forward instead of on my butt...anyway went to Er that night and they told me they seen a small hemorrhage that I needed to follow up asap with my ob. So I go into to see my ob friday morning and it turns out that small hemorrhage turned into a large hemrrhage. My ob said usually he tells people it is very hard to hurt yourself un the first trimester but i really took a fall. anyway the baby was okay heard the heart beat and the baby was just a moving around...he checked the placenta and everything looked okay...he ended up putting me on bedrest to try and stop the hemorrhaging. I am so flipped out, it is my understanding that if the bleeding gets to big it could cause a miscarriage or cause the placenta to detatch from the wall...I am freaking out...also he said I could expect some spotting because all that blood will seep out...I have not had any spotting yet. just cramps and back ache...

Oh gosh, really sorry to hear you've had a fall hun, hope that baby sticks tight. Make sure you take it super easy :hugs:

Hi all. Sorry, I meant to post earlier. Had a MMC diagnosed on 18th Sept. Had my ERPC on the 27th as my body wouldn't miscarry naturally. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancies. I'll be reading from time to time to see how everyone is. Much love. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->