April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

^^^ :rofl: sleep standing up! I will need to try that.

LittleSpy, have you used a maternity pillow? Do they work?

Since these will be the last 6 months that I actually have the luxury of sleeping, I would like to make the best of it :haha:

Little spy don't say it gets worse!!!

I was thinking the other day - the only day I get to lie in is a Saturday. That means I have only 27 more lie ins to enjoy before baby arrives. That is both horrible news, and wonderful news at the same time!!

I have a V shaped pillow for night sleeping but it's so difficult when you want to roll over lol last night I found myself sandwiched between OH and DS!! I literally couldn't move! thankfully OH buggers off to work at 5 so me and DS could sleep like starfish again :p

is anyone else having lower back pain right in the middle? I can't seem to either sit stand or lie comfortably anymore, and during sex everything feels really low down. I hope my uterus is going up instead of down LOL!!

I just used a regular body pillow with dd. Didn't want to fork out the money for a big pregnancy pillow and I also don't think there's enough room in our bed for one. If there was, I'd probably get one that goes all the way around for simultaneous back and belly support. Don't know if it would help, though.

And I get up before my daughter most weekend days. She goes to bed late (usually 10-11) and sleeps late (until 9-9.30 or so). Mind you, this is a recent development. I was up with her at least once a night until 13 months. Much more often than that the first 6 months or so. She was a terrible sleeper her first year but it's gotten heaps better

doggylover -- I say it gets worse because, IME, you get more uncomfortable as the weeks go on. And then the incessant peeing starts (again). And then towards the end for me it was nonstop painful BH contractions for weeks so it was hard to sleep through them. I can't believe I'm looking forward to all this. :wacko: :haha:

LOL, ukgirl.

My back hurts. I just went for a 30 minute walk and it killed. I guess my posture is really bad already. And I know I'm sleeping weird and messing it up that way, too.

Its horrible isnt it littlespy.. its all around the bones in my lower back all the time.. glad to know im not suffering alobe though hehe sorry ;) xx

WOW!!! I am the same way!! I can't sleep comfortably at night at all. I am not even showing that much, if at all and I still can't seem to find a position to sleep comfortably. I try to sleep on my left side as I have read that it is best position to sleep in while pregnant, but it is hard for me as I usually sleep on my back. Speaking of my back, that also hurts if I sit on the floor for a long time or just sit in an awkward position. It almost feels like it is my tailbone, but isn't too early for that to be hurting?:dohh:

Hi everyone!

It is so exciting to see everyone getting to 12 weeks and beyond! I'll be joining you 12 weekers on Thursday :)

It seems that pregnancy is always plagued with poo problems! Sometimes it is all I talk about! Actually my poos have been ok lately but they are usually hard and hurt :( Last night, we ordered pizza hut because we couldn't be bothered with dinner after packing all day. Big mistake. Seriously EVERY time I eat pizza hut pizzas, I get pizza hut belly.

Cramps started at 11:30, followed by many, many explosive painful toilet trips all through the night until I could poo no more! Never again!

I am sorry to the ladies that are still feeling sick :( I am pretty much feeling better now, except if I am really hungry. Still exhausted but at least not sick.

We are in the middle of moving house, so this will probably be the last post for me for a little while, except for reading the thread on my phone. I am finding it extremely hard getting any cleaning and packing done with Theo under foot! He has become more needy than usual! I am sure he is teething :(

I have my bloods taken tomorrow for my downs screening and my NT scan next week. I am so excited and nervous to see LSP again. (that is what we have called the bump - LSP = Lumpy Space Princess/Prince)

soph -- do you get the pan pizzas at Pizza Hut? I worked there for years in high school and college and those things got me every single time. Breasticks/cheesesticks from there are the same for me (but man, now I really want some! :dohh:). I think it's because all that stuff is essentially fried. We had to put soooooo much oil in thos pans. Really gross, actually. Now I only do stuffed crust (because it's the only one I really like and if I'm paying full price for it, I'm getting what I love). :haha:

I cant get comfy either. I have tried sleeping with my breastfeeding pillow but its not the right shape. I need one of the long ones. Also... I cant remember whether its your left or your right side you are meant to sleep on? I feel comfiest on my left. xx

I am glad to hear I'm not the only one with back pain this early on (sorry, but glad we are in it together!). I also heard the left side was best to sleep on. I told my SIL yesterday I was getting over MS but now my lower back aches and I can't sleep comfy. She was like, "Already?!" I thought maybe it was all in my head! (trading one prego complaint for another...:haha:)

Littlespy- I thought maybe they could probably tell gender at my next appt, but I don't even know if they'll do an U/S or not and if they did I didn't want to get my hopes up. All he said at my last appt is I will be getting the 2nd tri DS testing done...not sure what that entails (I didn't get it done in the 1st tri). And he listens to baby's hb everytime...he only uses the portable U/S machine if he cannot find the hb. But that is so exciting for you! I can't wait to find out, either! I want to start planning more (nursery, etc) and buying things!

I have my NT scan on Thursday, 11w6d, but this bean was 10cm at 10w6d so I think it will be large enough for them to see what they need to see :) This scan is the worst part of pg for me since I'm 34 and always worry about something going wrong because of age. So lots of healthy :dust: for me please!

Hi guys, I had my booking in appointment and scan today. Sadly there was only one baby, but it is healthy (doing headstands) and growing well 11 weeks 2days. The sonographer, questioned weather there were twins in the first place, as the private scan measurements were so off 6weeks 5days three weeks ago, which she said was not possible. She has a look at scan pic and said that it is possible that they didn't do the scan properly making it look like twins when in fact it wasn't. I feel ok, as i ever really relaxed and started to enjoy the pregnancy, waiting for this scan to happen first. Finger crossed nt results come back ok, nt measurements were 0.9 but I know they use blood results aswell. I have announced on Facebook!!!!! It seems real now!

Should I complain to the private scan place? Not that it will achieve much, but they were totally way off!!!!!

Can you change my EDD to 20/04/12 thanks x

Next appointment and scan is 4 december 2012...... Way too long!!!!

hey ladies... sorry to hear everyone is having such a tough time sleeping!! I've been having some troubles sleeping as well, but it's because I can't stop coughing, and not because of back pain. I've been sleeping propped up with an extra pillow behind me so I'm sort of half sitting up. It's been working wonders.

Odd thing this morning though... I was all ready to head out the door this morning, and all of a sudden I felt really weird, and I got that yucky taste in my mouth that you get before you get sick sometimes. So I sat down and grabbed my garbage can, and threw up four times! :nope: I don't know if this baby related, because I haven't had MS (and I haven't thrown up in years!!), or if it's because I was coughing so much that I aggrevated my gag reflex or something. I felt ok afterwards, and it didn't happen again the rest of the day. :wacko: So not sure what to think. I'm still battling this cold pretty good after more than a week now, so still feeling crappy from that, but I dunno!?

11 weeks tomorrow!

soph -- do you get the pan pizzas at Pizza Hut? I worked there for years in high school and college and those things got me every single time. Breasticks/cheesesticks from there are the same for me (but man, now I really want some! :dohh:). I think it's because all that stuff is essentially fried. We had to put soooooo much oil in thos pans. Really gross, actually. Now I only do stuffed crust (because it's the only one I really like and if I'm paying full price for it, I'm getting what I love). :haha:

Yep, we had a pan pizza and a thin and crispy. I ALWAYS get sick after pizza hut, but not really other pizzas. Last night was terrible! I should have learned my lesson by now, but the convenience over-ruled!

Hi ladies just a very quick post to say I've not dissappeared! I'm at parents for a few days and an very busy. I will have a good catch up and reply tomorrow whenbim home.

Ps pizza hut is a no go for me I always feel so poorly afterward but all other pizzas are fine?! Seems like a trend!

Hope you are all well and I haven't missed too much

Good night all!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"