April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Littlespy your job sounds amazing! Xx

nimbec I ordered it for express delivery so hopefully in 2-3 days I hope this one works lol.

Im so stressed out today. we cant afford to move anywhere bigger now so have been looking at maximising our space in our flat.. Now my neighbour is being a dick again. he smokes weed all day and makes our flat stink if we open any windows. we share a stairwell and front door down stairs. after the school run we forgot to lock it so he went down stairs and locked it then slammed his door shut then when my oh had gone to pick up the kids from school he left it unlocked so they could get back in.. my neighbour went down and locked it after he had gone so my oh and kids couldnt get in.. i was so angry i have only just calmed down now. i dont know what to do about it i spoke to him about it before but it hasnt helped.. When oh went to work this evening I was worried the guy next door was going to come and cause shit.. he only comes to moan when Aarons at work :(

Littlespy, sounds like a fun job! At least you have lots of change!

doggylover, I used to teach Special Ed Highschool so more power to you! It s exhausting lol!

ukgirl, nothing worse then a horrible neighbor! We have been hoping to find something bigger as well but with the upcoming expenses, it just doesn't make sense :nope:. My downstairs neighbor is a grumpy old lady that makes my life a licing hell! Been here for 8 years and she has made me open my wall (behind the washer) 3 times!!! :growlmad: All because she thought she heard dripping! Of course it never did drip! I think the only thing you can do is let OH deal with him (especially if he seems to be more managable around him). No point in starting a war, since you have to deal with him for a while.

. I get so scared I'm going to accidentally say something really out of line and then get my a** personally sued. :haha: Wayward cops are quite litigious.

Oh me too, kids these days are only too aware of their "rights"... Or what they THINK their rights are!!

Steph, I teach special ed (we call it SEN- special education needs) with some classes and they are exhausting! Couldn't do it all day - my patience is not up to it!!!

Ukgirl that is horrible about your neighbour :( and you too steph. We moved into our house a yr and a half ago. There are lots of kids on our street who play out near us as we are at the end of the cul de sac. We were plagued with them knocking the door up to 20 times a night, throwing stuff over our fence, running through our front garden and destroying it - until I absolutely flipped and took one kid to his parents and told them if he was ever on our property again I would call the police. Pretty sure they all think I'm insane, but it worked. I always wondered how people complain about kids making life a misery, these lot definitely did, and they are only max 10 years old. Luckily it's all over now, as I wouldn't be able to handle it when LO came along.

Welcome sugaree :hugs:

doggylover :rofl: I can only imagine what I would have done! Well good thing you scared them off before you have a baby sleeping!

lol doggylover, welldone for being brave! I would have done the same thing! lol..
we used to live in a cul-de-sac next to an alcoholic who had a boy the same age as my daughter, the police used to knock on my door often and ask me to take him in until his family come to pick him up because she was too wasted to take care of him. One night she tried it on with my OH so I told her OH and he left her so she started kicking my door in hahaha..

I guess there are weirdos all over the place!! I'm just going to have to put up with it and hope he fucks off soon :) X

Hiiiii sugaree!! congrats xxxx :)

Doggylover thats not even the half of it.

I need a nice big house in the middle of a farm like I had in Norway... my neighbours lived about 300 feet down the road lol! it was bliss!

ukgirl I feel the same way. I have lived in the country my entire life. But when the hubby & I got married I moved into town. I HATE having neighbors & not being able to be surrounded by animals.... I honestly miss all my farm animals. I have joked my entire life about I would be just fine living on an island all alone as long as I had animals & someone to fly over occasionally & drop a few boxes of food & supplies!!!

With you all on the horrible neighbors. :dohh: We have a vacant house "undergoing renovation" (which it has been for the 5.5 years we've lived here) on one side and the one on the other side is a rental. We had nightmare neighbors the first 4 years. One literally insane guy who would sit in a rusted metal chair in the driveway and yell obscenities at the top of his lungs all day! Also sure they were crackdealers. :dohh: So I was happy when they moved out and a single guy moved in. He could be loud on occasion but he was okay most of the time. Now he just moved out and we're terrified about who will be moving in next. We live in a super mixed neighborhood that's undergoing what city planners love to call "revitalization." But with the economic downturn, progress has been a lot slower than I thought it would be when I bought my house.

If I get this new job, we may actually go ahead and move out closer to where I work (the country) and I'll just cover the mortgage on the house until it sells. Our budget would be really tight and we wouldn't be able to get a very nice rental house until the house sold but I don't want my kids growing up in this neighborhood. :nope:

Luckily we back on to fields, and our street is the only one in our hamlet - just 30 houses, a church and a school and the cows :) the cows often stick their heads over our back fence, and the dogs jump up for a wee chat! when we buy our second house we'll be able to move further out into the country. I own some land around my parents house, but getting planning permission is a nightmare.

We're definite country folk!

Maybesoon i would love my own island! That would be awesome :-D

Doggylover.. your backyard sounds gorgeous.. i love cows <3

littlespy.. i would have found the insane guy quite fun lol.. i loled when I read your post. xx

Littlespy you could always rent your home out until it sold couldnt you? Or to pay off the morgage. xx

Yeah, ukgirl, I'm considering it. We may have a bit of a time finding renters given the area. I wouldn't want to lower the rent from the mortgage payment, though, because that would invite the riff-raff to rent. :dohh: Also worry about how unappealing selling with renters would be to buyers. Most people looking to buy in our area are looking for long-term investments or are first-time homeowners. All speculation at this point.

And if the housing market with you is as bad as it is with us....gee you could be waiting a whole for a buyer. I know people who have had their house (decent houses, good areas, decent price) on the market for 2/3+ years. It's insanity at the minute. My brother and SIL want to move as they "don't have enough room" (they have a 3 bedroom detached house and they have 1 child...) but they won't be able to sell for ages!

Hi everyone!
I'm 12 weeks today!!
But I've got myself paranoid as I'm not showing??! Even though this is my fourth and I've always shown by now. I looked pregnant a few weeks ago but I think it was bloat because now I'm flat.

On the issue of neighbours. OMG! The house we lived in before here we lived next to an alcoholic drug, addict who purposely made our lives a living hell. He went as far as coming over with a knife one night, threatening us all the time and when we went to visit OHs parents, he broke into our house. Was sooo glad to get out of there.
Where we are now we only have an elderly couple on one side and they are so sweet. Love them. Its a vacant block on other side and the house behind us has been vacant for 3 years. We did have horrible people live in the house in the back corner of our yard. They were always smoking pot, throwing stuff at our house and one night I had to ring the fire brigade because they started a fire next to my loungeroom window ( a huge fire.) That same night they broke into our car and stole everything we had in it. They even moved our car! The police proved it was them and theyve been gone for about a year. Thankgoodness.I'm glad we just have the elderly couple now. I think almost everyone has a horrid neighbour :(

Hope you are all doing well.:hugs:

Oh my gosh Kristy... those neighbors sound absolutely TERRIBLE!

Hey guys hope all is ok! Just a pit stop to say had my scan today, baby is measuring up small to my dates and said its a week behind so I could&#324; have my nt tests done as baby is too small so have to go back next week Thursday! Bit disheartened hope all is well with bubs.... It's was moving and kicking around ok.... So maybe I just ovulated late :s will try and post pics later.... Off to a soft play centre with lo now! Catch up soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->