April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

pahaha @ soggy dumplings. Surely thats be great thing about dumplings! Would be pretty weird if they were crispy!

My OH doesnt really cook either. He has one signature dish that he will cook every so often but thats it. It does taste nice but I can tell it was one of those things his mom cooked him as a kid when she pulled all the random cans of crap she had left in the cupboard and added it all to a saucepan... :p

I do all the cooking, i dont mind because he does all the washing up! pmsl.

xxx

I mean, I've been known to swear quite a bit in the kitchen, too. But he seriously gets PISSED (US version, not UK version). He starts slamming stuff and is in a permanently bad mood the rest of the evening. It's really ridiculous. :haha:

:[/QUOTE]

I HATE ketchup so it really grosses me out! Your husband sounds like me when I cook!!! :haha:[/QUOTE]

OMG ME TOOO!!!! I have never found anyone who despises it as much as I do! I cant stand the stuff. I freak if it gets on me cause the smell is revolting... xxx

I mean, I've been known to swear quite a bit in the kitchen, too. But he seriously gets PISSED (US version, not UK version). He starts slamming stuff and is in a permanently bad mood the rest of the evening. It's really ridiculous. :haha:

hehehe this made me giggle. Pissed can mean angry here too. :thumbup:

oh my! I'm sorry ladies, but I'm loving these stories.... I think I just almost peed myself reading them!!!! My oh can cook really well when he takes the time out of drinking.... He use to cook every single night. Then he decided being drunk was more important. The one thing that totally pisses me off is he lets his kids eat what ever they want for dinner day in and day out. A couple of months ago I made a pot roast. I made the kids sit down at the table & eat it (which totally pissed the oh off) and they thought the roast was CHICKEN! I started to tell them what it really was & the oh told me not to tell them it wasn't chicken or they wouldn't eat it..... ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?! Usually for dinner they eat a nutella sandwich & several popcylcles or he'll take some frozen waffles out of the freezer pop them in the toaster & cover them with a ton of syrup.... That's what they eat.... Nothing but junk & sugar. Drives me absolutely freaking bonkers. I use to tell him when I lived there (before getting pregnant) he needed to put a stop to that crap because if we did manage to have a baby, our child wasn't eating like that. Our child would sit down at the table with us & eat as a family what was cooked PERIOD!!!!

OMG ME TOOO!!!! I have never found anyone who despises it as much as I do! I cant stand the stuff. I freak if it gets on me cause the smell is revolting... xxx

Thank god I have a buddy in this! Everyone else I know or have ever met likes it! The smell is horrendous. When I was at school one of my teachers used to have it in class and I had to ask him to stop as I find the smell so horrible. Even the thought of it makes me feel a bit funny...! Glad I have a partner in my hatred!

Littlespy I loved your uk/us translation! I will never forget the time I called a child at summer camp in the US a tramp (meaning a hobo) and everyone just stopped and stared at me. Little did I know in the US tramp means slut!! :haha: oops!

Haha well I j e to admit I'm a ketchup lover but only with things like sausages & bacon and of course chips (uk) not etc not rice or pasta lol!!

No I'm all about the HP :) love that stuff.

For US ladies, it's a little like A1 steak sauce...but BETTER!

I dont really like sauces on anything apart from Nandos Peri Peri... BUT no sauce makes me gag like Ketchup. Oh my frickin' god I could vom right now xx

Thank god I have a buddy in this! Everyone else I know or have ever met likes it! The smell is horrendous. When I was at school one of my teachers used to have it in class and I had to ask him to stop as I find the smell so horrible. Even the thought of it makes me feel a bit funny...! Glad I have a partner in my hatred!

Littlespy I loved your uk/us translation! I will never forget the time I called a child at summer camp in the US a tramp (meaning a hobo) and everyone just stopped and stared at me. Little did I know in the US tramp means slut!! :haha: oops!

LMAO :happydance: you say that like calling them a Tramp (regardless of the meaning) was perfectly normal! :haha:

love it

:rofl::rofl: You girls are lucky that your OH wears pants ... bwahaha ... mine walks in, take soff his pants, and sits down in his tighty whities :haha: (with socks and shirt still on mind you :rofl::rofl:)

:rofl::rofl: You girls are lucky that your OH wears pants ... bwahaha ... mine walks in, take soff his pants, and sits down in his tighty whities :haha: (with socks and shirt still on mind you :rofl::rofl:)

theres another one that could have been lost in translation! hahaha :thumbup: Pants here ARE tighty whities :) luckily I realised what you meant when I got to that point.

LOL at "tramp."

Also, I confess I do enjoy ketchup. Usually just on potatoes (fries/chips.... AND sometimes even chips/crisps :haha: And tater tots. Please tell me there are tater tots in the UK). BUT I HATE MAYONNAISE!!! EWWWWWWW! :sick: I don't mind fresh chef-made mayo but the stuff in jars is just disgusting. The only person I know who dislikes it more than I do is my husband.

theres another one that could have been lost in translation! hahaha :thumbup: Pants here ARE tighty whities :) luckily I realised what you meant when I got to that point.

oh woops ahaha

^^ aww man and you arent allowed to eat fresh chef made mayo for the next few months! You'll have to go without :)

Nope... no tater tots. Although we might have something similar. What they like?

Haha, I thought "pants" was used specifically for ladies' underwear (often referred to as "panties" here), which of course would be much more hilarious. Shame it also means tighty whiteys.

Pants here are brief type underwear. mens or womens :) Yes that would have been much funnier! x

Tater tots:
https://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv4mBjkwsTQNWDodPaOxlb4qAsBOuYIDDPpiBV1ONDjI1whOZRMA

Little fried shredded potatoes. Mmmmmmmm.

oh yeah we have them. They are called potato croquettes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->