April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

hey I speakinsongs!! and congrats!! I'm due april 16th xx

Welcome ispeakinsongs!

Dan-o i had a pocket on my uterus that leaked blood all through my secons trimester with my 3rd baby. Dr monitored it and baby was fine even though everytime it started i freaked the hello out. So glad you heard babys heartbeat thats a great sign.

Dan-o... Hope you & Lo are ok. Sorry I haven't been keeping up very well the last couple of days....

I have been saving everything sent & received from the drunk. Luckily I haven't heard from him since Friday. I just can't believe this is happening. I know Lo & I are better off & we will be fine in the long run, just extremely disappointed in who he has become & the timing.

Hope you ladies have a great day!

Maybesoon better to find out what he type of person he plans to be now, rather than after your baby has bonded with him. This way baby will never know any different.

Welcome ispeakinsongs! Congrats!

So I was kind of annoyed with my mum today. She told my aunt I'm pregnant without asking me first. I was saying to dh, and he was like "we'll its not that bad" and after a brief chat we figured out that I am being kind of weird about not telling anyone. Like I would literally not tell anyone else apart from those that know until 20 weeks or more. I don't know why I'm so reluctant, it's not that we aren't excited...we are THRILLED and this is just the best thing ever! I think it's more I hate having lots of attention on me, plus I feel like everyone who I really care about knowing already does :shrug: but mainly the attention thing. I dunno....maybe I'm a weirdo! :haha:

dan-o, I had bleeding too (at 10w) and found out at my 12 week scan that I have a low lying placenta. Any heavy lifting or sex can make it bleed. so those things are banned for me until 18week scan :dohh:
Just take it easy. Having a home doppler can be such a blessing!

Doggylover, I'm with you on the announcements. We are very excited about the baby but I hate the attention. Plus it feels like "old" news now and I feel strange announcing it to people that have been around me this whole time (the ones I didn't tell).

AFM, another weekend over. Was up 2 lbs this week (gained nothing in 13 weeks and then 2 lbs in one week :blush:) but they seemed to have vanished this morning. Back to original weight :happydance:. I just want to save the weight gain till later if possible.

Steph I haven't gained any weight either. It's weird because my belly is clearly getting bigger, and even if its just all water, that weighs something! I don't understand how I can be getting bigger and staying the same weight. It worries me that I'm actually losing weight while the baby gains...

I'm sure ill be wishing for these days back in a few weeks/months when I'm a whale! :haha:

Yuk, Monday.

I had been gaining weight but since this stomach bug I've dropped a stone! I look thinner now than I did before my pregnancy :/

sorry 17th April! got confused 19th was the first date they gave us

Congrats and welcome! I'm due 18th, we are close!:thumbup:

About weight: I gain faster than I thought I would. Of course I have people saying I look too thin and I should eat more but I gained 6lbs already. I was between underweight/normal BMI to begin with and maybe this is why IDK...:shrug: It is a good thing so far all my clothes fit except some shirts because I have huge boobies right now.:dohh:

Aquestion: anyone has hair loss? I have a lot of hair falling, I can see it on the floor and when I shower. It is a lot, not just the normal amount. I take my vitamins and extra iron, but that doesn't seem to help. My blood work is normal so I can't think why this is happening. Any ideas?

I lost about 12 pounds in the first tri and now that I am in the 2nd tri, I've put back about 3 pounds. So essentially I'm still missing 9 pounds. I wouldnt worry about it though. As long as baby is growing well and healthy, its supposed to be fine.

lily: some people get hair fall during pregnancy. I have some of it too. perhaps talk to your doc next time you go in to see if there are extra vitamins that can be given. You can also refer to this website: https://www.pregnancy-calendars.net/hairloss.aspx on the vitamins u can take.

My hair falls out in abundance anyway. Literally when I shower, the amount that comes out is unreal. But I have super thick hair anyway so it's not noticeable, and it hasn't increased any since pregnancy.

Hi Girls!! How're you all doing?

Lovely scan and bump pics.

Nimbec- I think you're having a girl :)
Lily- I think boy! :)

I have taken a bump pic last night but I look a right state. I am not exactly the smallest person but im in proportion. My motto has always been as long as my boobs stick out further than my tummy im doing alright... however yesterday my bump just seemed to pop right out. I look about 6 months pregnant! I might find the courage to post it later.

Mommabrown is that pic of you in your current pregnancy? if it is... WOW!

xx

Morning ladies, I managed to get a scan appt for a bit later today thanks to a kind lady at EPU (they were fully booked until weds when I first phoned!)

I'll let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed baby is ok and my waters are still intact.

Good luck dan-o hope it goes well! S for the hair loss! I lost loads at the beginning of my last pregnancy, then my hair just thickened up and looked the healthiest it had been! But once baby came it all fell out again lol! Joys hehe x

I lost about 12 pounds in the first tri and now that I am in the 2nd tri, I've put back about 3 pounds. So essentially I'm still missing 9 pounds. I wouldnt worry about it though. As long as baby is growing well and healthy, its supposed to be fine.

lily: some people get hair fall during pregnancy. I have some of it too. perhaps talk to your doc next time you go in to see if there are extra vitamins that can be given. You can also refer to this website: https://www.pregnancy-calendars.net/hairloss.aspx on the vitamins u can take.

Thanks for the link, I have some zinc in my cupboard, I will see doc soon and maybe take this supplement too.

My hair falls out in abundance anyway. Literally when I shower, the amount that comes out is unreal. But I have super thick hair anyway so it's not noticeable, and it hasn't increased any since pregnancy.

I have thick hair, and they have a lot of volume, so it is not noticeable from other people but I see the hair everywhere and I freak out...
No extra hair on my body or face either.

Hi Girls!! How're you all doing?

Lovely scan and bump pics.

Nimbec- I think you're having a girl :)
Lily- I think boy! :)

I have taken a bump pic last night but I look a right state. I am not exactly the smallest person but im in proportion. My motto has always been as long as my boobs stick out further than my tummy im doing alright... however yesterday my bump just seemed to pop right out. I look about 6 months pregnant! I might find the courage to post it later.

Mommabrown is that pic of you in your current pregnancy? if it is... WOW!

xx

Hey hun, yes you may be right, the doc that did the scan also believes it is a baby boy, but he asked me not to buy everything blue yet :haha:

haha I want to see the bump!:happydance:

Morning ladies, I managed to get a scan appt for a bit later today thanks to a kind lady at EPU (they were fully booked until weds when I first phoned!)

I'll let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed baby is ok and my waters are still intact.
Thank goodness you got an appointment! Yes please let us know how it goes, I was scared for you.:hugs:

Good luck dan-o hope it goes well! S for the hair loss! I lost loads at the beginning of my last pregnancy, then my hair just thickened up and looked the healthiest it had been! But once baby came it all fell out again lol! Joys hehe x

Oh dear, I so hope the hair will grow again, even though I know after birth the loss is inevitable...:shrug:

I just arranged an appointment for Wednesday with the cardiologist. The obgyn is worried about my heart (I have a sort of arrhythmia) and he made me go for extra tests.:dohh:

Hi Ladies :flower::flower:

Dano I'm so sorry to hear you have had a stressful few days with bleeding I really hope all goes well today!!! Please let us know how you get on :hugs:

Lilly my hair has been falling out too but it does this sometimes so i just thouht it was normal me....seems as tho could be pg related! Lilly i'm under a cardiologist as well as i have a pacemaker and irregular heart rythems - it's a good thing as they make sure you are all ok! hope it goes well for you, have you got appt yet?

Teamo Thankyou - how do you tell i'm not sure where the nub should be? I'm dying to know currently trying to persuade oh to pay for an early gender scan :wacko: rather than waiting until 20 weeks.....i'm not winning lol

please upload pic :thumbup:

Well I went baby shopping with the oh yesterday afternoon OMG i was just in a whole new world that i didn't understand and a frightening one at that :blush: I calmed down and enjoyed mooching around and it definately gave me some ideas. Those of you who have already had one ....is there anything not on the obvious list that you couldn't do without?

good luck Dan-o xxx

Kealz my hair is like yours, with my last pregnancies I gained loads of lush thick hair then after baby was born it fell out, my scalp was really itchy too all the time. it didn't calm down for at least a year after having my babies.

I keep forgetting to post a pic of DS's curly toes lol! Im not sure if there is anything not obvious that I have for baby that I couldn't live without. I think there are a lot of things that you can buy that look like you need them but in practice you really don't. Like a baby bath, those things are awkward so this time we will just be using the normal bath. Baby swings are my pet hate! they look uncomfortable and many babies either love them or hate them. one of the old school bouncy baby chairs do the job much better and are light to carry around the place when baby hates to be away from you.

afm, I treated myself to new nails today and a mcdonalds lol. I needed a pick me up after having to go look around a contact center for the ex to see our children in. Because he cant sort it out himself everyone else has to orbit around him and do it for him. Arsehead!

Back from my emergency scan!

Baby is alive and kicking (vigorously!) measuring about 12+3 ish (perfect) and the fluid levels look to be normal

However there is a large pocket of fluid surrounding half of the sac (it was bigger than the baby itself!) plus a clot, so they are saying I have a 'large' SCH. I'm on pelvic rest/take it easy for the time being and they will measure it again on weds at my 'normal' scan. She said to expect more bleeding and cramping as the blood works it's way out, but as long as it gets no bigger then the chances are it will resolve.

Please stick little baby!!

Awww dan-o so glad to hear little baby is strong and kicking away! It sounds very positive if hey are saying it should resolve on its own.Do you know what caused it? Hope it has decreased by wednesday xxx

Dan-o I'm sure scary to see that on the scan but baby is still kicking, so that's wonderful news! Keep us updated, and Wednesday better come soon so we can get another update!

Nimbec, I'm making mental lists in my head of things we need! I need to make an actual list and start buying little bits and pieces. We also have 3 rooms in the house to decorate (nursery, study and bathroom needs redone) so I am majorly panicking how we are going to afford baby stuff!!!

My newest set of nappies arrived today, some little lambs. Soooooo soft!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->