April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Nimbec, its nub theory. looks girly to me! x

Dano thats such good news! Fx it will be smaller by the next scan!!

Thanks teamo!

Doggylover i know the feeling we are starting to look about so that we can make a list of what we need/want and then get it in stages so its not one big hit!

My brother actually said to us last night to make a list and hit up the sales after Christmas which is a good idea! Plus we can also choose what we want family to buy us, and what we can pinch from my brother and SIL!

Good to be organised! I love list making...:blush:

I cannot stop touching my new nappies...they came with extra inserts which was a bonus, and I just want to rub them on myself! :blush:

Lilly my hair has been falling out too but it does this sometimes so i just thouht it was normal me....seems as tho could be pg related! Lilly i'm under a cardiologist as well as i have a pacemaker and irregular heart rythems - it's a good thing as they make sure you are all ok! hope it goes well for you, have you got appt yet?

Those of you who have already had one ....is there anything not on the obvious list that you couldn't do without?

I have an appointment on Wednesday noon with the cardiologist and Monday night with the obgyn.
My arrhythmia is only an issue if I have to go under anesthesia, and if I can avoid it I just refuse it, I had a few procedures done without it, it is tough but now I know how to manage pain.:winkwink: But giving birth is something I can't predict right now so we are getting into it again.
Let's see.

I would love to know that too, any items not usually mentioned in lists but are essential?

good luck Dan-o xxx

Kealz my hair is like yours, with my last pregnancies I gained loads of lush thick hair then after baby was born it fell out, my scalp was really itchy too all the time. it didn't calm down for at least a year after having my babies.

afm, I treated myself to new nails today and a mcdonalds lol. I needed a pick me up after having to go look around a contact center for the ex to see our children in. Because he cant sort it out himself everyone else has to orbit around him and do it for him. Arsehead!

I have an itchy scalp too.:shrug:

Oh I 'd love a good mani and mcdonalds!
Your ex is a pain!:growlmad:
:hugs:

Back from my emergency scan!

Baby is alive and kicking (vigorously!) measuring about 12+3 ish (perfect) and the fluid levels look to be normal

However there is a large pocket of fluid surrounding half of the sac (it was bigger than the baby itself!) plus a clot, so they are saying I have a 'large' SCH. I'm on pelvic rest/take it easy for the time being and they will measure it again on weds at my 'normal' scan. She said to expect more bleeding and cramping as the blood works it's way out, but as long as it gets no bigger then the chances are it will resolve.

Please stick little baby!!

Oh it will certainly stick! Just keep it easy and relaxed! Get a lot of rest!
Such a relief the baby is ok!:hugs:

Glad baby is ok dan-o!
Uk girl I'm with you! We had baby bath for dd! Pain! We have a bath support as well, that's quite good for having both hands to wash baby in big bath! We had a huge swing (borrowed from sil) only used it 2ce! I will say don't go mad with clothes! I did and they grow out of them so quickly you don't get enough wear out of them and some never used!!! I've lent all of Paige's bits to my sil as she has recently had a lil girl.... As I went through it all I was like omg there is a fortune here! I'm hoping to get it all back in the condition I gave them to her so I can sell them if this little bean is a boy! But nothing stands out to me that I couldn't live with out! I will say always plan for the unexpected as well, I got just a few new baby bits as they are extra small didn't think I'd need many as I was told baby would be big! And she wasn't so needed to buy few more bits as 0-3 were huge! So exciting! It's such a lovely experience first time baby buying! I loved it! Xxx

I hear people saying baby baths aren't useful a lot. Obviously I am a first time mum, but my nephew is only 15 months, and we all found his baby bath essential. It had a sling in it which could be adjusted with age so until he was able to sit up unaided you always had two hands free when bathing him. We mainly filled the bath and just did it on the floor, not in the bath, but I will definitely be using their baby bath as with the sling it was wonderful!

That's the thing, were all different just like our pregnancy and then our beans! We can all give tips hints and advice but ultimately we will know what's right and best for us! Like I say I will never use cloth nappies! But you are so excited about them! It's all different! It's nice to get views from everyone and what works for one might not for others but its all trial and error! I've not seen that bath though with the sling! Mine was just bog standard, and I found it heavy to move with the water in it as I couldn't have it on floor in bathroom as its too small! X

I didn't realise that all baby baths didn't have the sling in :blush: that's how much of a beginner I am!! But you are so right, every one is different and we will all like and use different things. Like my brother was telling me last night you HAVE to spend £300+ for a good cot, and I was just thinking "no way!" But that's what he likes. It's easy to forget that everyone is different.

To be honest, I'm as surprised as anyone how over excited I am about using cloth :haha:

nimbec -- Baby necessity: I always thought wipes warmers were ridiculous. I wouldn't have had one except my old supervisor gave me a hand-me-down. I think we would've died without it. The look of horror on my daughter's face if we used a room temperature wipe was awful. And then the screaming about it... oh, the screaming. So... yeah, wipes warmer! FOR REAL. :haha:

Once he'd outgrown the sink, I used my baby bath every day and then progressed to a bath seat thing to sit Sidney up in until he was confident without it. He's always absolutely loved bath time.. Still does!! :haha:

I also found the baby swing invaluable, but I bought a second hand one for a fiver lol. Unfortunately I sold it, but I will deffo get another!

Littlespy I've never heard of a wipe warmer! Does it do exactly what it sounds like? Heats wipes up so they are nice and toasty on the butt?!

My main issue with the bath was that i had it on the floor and it was hard to get up wih baby in my arms when I picked them up out of it haha my knees are terrible with the big bath I can push myself up off the side a bit i will probably buy a bath sling for our big bath besides i love love love having a bath with my baby even from birth its really great for bonding xx

Hey all,

Sorry I havent been on for ages - laptop charger broke and so literally got back online today.

Managed to find the heartbeat on our doppler so im very happy about that!

I wont be buying a baby bath this time around. We used it twice with DD. I agree they get very heavy when filled with water and its so much easier to use the normal bath with a seat in there - I like the seats by the brand 'summer' i think thats what they are anyway - theyve got minnie mouse or mickey ones now so ill be getting one of them!

I wont be getting cloth nappies either. We bough some with DD and then when she was born (5lbs 15 and half ounces) she was too small for them. When we did eventually use them we preferred disposable so didnt continue.

Hope your all good :) xxxx

Littlespy I've never heard of a wipe warmer! Does it do exactly what it sounds like? Heats wipes up so they are nice and toasty on the butt?!

Yup :thumbup:

Oh, and doggy, with cloth diapers, you're going to want to use cloth wipes (because they're WAY BETTER than disposables!). I've found that cheap baby washcloths work the best for us. I hated the really expensive 2-ply cloth wipes we tried (I think they were Thirsties Fab Wipes... they're now my kitchen rags...). The washcloths I like to use for wipes best are made by Spasilk. I think they're 80% cotton and 20% polyester. I love that blend because 1) they don't wrinkle much 2) they don't stain much 3) they don't pill. I have some flannel wipes that are fine, but they stain and pill and wrinkle like crazy. Anyway, just a tip for someon who's been there done that. I just fold the wipes so they'll pop each other out of the wipes warmer and wet them with warm water and put them in the warmer. Perfect. You don't need a "wipe solution." Water does the trick just fine & won't irritate baby's skin. I just throw used ones in the diaper pail with the diapers and wash them together. Of course what works best for me may not be your favorite. All I know is I cringe at the thought of being out of state for 4 days later this week and having to use disposable wipes. Ugggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Hi Girls!! How're you all doing?

Lovely scan and bump pics.

Nimbec- I think you're having a girl :)
Lily- I think boy! :)

I have taken a bump pic last night but I look a right state. I am not exactly the smallest person but im in proportion. My motto has always been as long as my boobs stick out further than my tummy im doing alright... however yesterday my bump just seemed to pop right out. I look about 6 months pregnant! I might find the courage to post it later.

Mommabrown is that pic of you in your current pregnancy? if it is... WOW!

xx

Ha yes unfourtunately it is. Like you said I feel like I loook 6 months ppregnant.

I second the wipe warmer! It was a godsend during middle of the night changes as DS didn't get shocked totally awake by a cold wipe.

Also I totally loved our baby swing - we used the 'my little snug a bunny' from fisher price and DS loved it - would easily fall asleep in it or just look at the mobile. Loved the natural colors and it looked sooooo comfy I wish they had an adult version lol! I could get a ton of stuff done around the house while he was in it. I will say if anyone is thinking of getting one - get one that can be plugged in as they can really eat batteries!

For the bath I just had a sling to put in the sink/tub and not a baby bath - was a lot less muss and fuss and mostly I liked that in a big tub the water wouldn't cool off so fast as a smaller baby bath. Just getting in bath with baby was def the easiest though and like previously said a great bonding experience/skin to skin time.

One thing I found invaluable was having smaller flannels/muslins/cloths to put under baby's butt on the changing table, on top of the changing pad cover - if you use a changing table at all. (I personally loved mine, and still do, but lots of parents prefer to use the floor/bed etc instead) anyway, changing the entire cover each time a mess would end up on it would take forever so it was really time saving to just put a smaller pad underneath the 'messy area' and pitch it in the laundry whenever something got on it instead of changing the entire cover :D

Oh dan-o.... Wow that's pretty darn scary!!! Hang in there. Praying little bean stays sticky!!!!

nimbec -- Baby necessity: yeah, wipes warmer! FOR REAL. :haha:

Oh I never thought of how awful the cold wipes would be, you are right!:thumbup:

I hear people saying baby baths aren't useful a lot. Obviously I am a first time mum, but my nephew is only 15 months, and we all found his baby bath essential. It had a sling in it which could be adjusted with age so until he was able to sit up unaided you always had two hands free when bathing him. We mainly filled the bath and just did it on the floor, not in the bath, but I will definitely be using their baby bath as with the sling it was wonderful!
Both me and my sis had baby bath tubs, I had one of the traditional ones, quite like the one that IKEA has, my sis had one that fits on the regular bathtub to be on a higher level for the one giving the bath, but it was huuuge, very uncomfortable and my parents ended up laying towels in the sink and washing her there!

Now I look around the net and I see that for little babies maybe just the foam seat is enough if you are washing the LO in the sink : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Pack...ge-Childs-Seat-Fun-Easy-Bathing-/200775810271
Or the tummy tub which looks really relaxing, and then when the kid reaches a certain height just a regular big tub which I already have for laundry :winkwink:.
Like my brother was telling me last night you HAVE to spend £300+ for a good cot, and I was just thinking "no way!" But that's what he likes. It's easy to forget that everyone is different.

To be honest, I'm as surprised as anyone how over excited I am about using cloth :haha:

I'm trying to be frugal with the baby things and not taking the most extravagant options. What's the point on spending on things that your kid will never remember or appreciate?:shrug: They are nice for adults and sometimes just satisfy our vanity, not real needs. No way I'm spending money of expensive cot. :nope: I was looking the prices locally and they are crazy. I 've found a nice bassinet for the first months, and then we will see, my grandfather says he wants to buy us the cot.

I also found the baby swing invaluable, but I bought a second hand one for a fiver lol. Unfortunately I sold it, but I will deffo get another!
I really wish I can find a second hand swing!

Hey all,

Sorry I havent been on for ages - laptop charger broke and so literally got back online today.

Managed to find the heartbeat on our doppler so im very happy about that!

I wont be buying a baby bath this time around. We used it twice with DD. I agree they get very heavy when filled with water and its so much easier to use the normal bath with a seat in there - I like the seats by the brand 'summer' i think thats what they are anyway - theyve got minnie mouse or mickey ones now so ill be getting one of them!

I wont be getting cloth nappies either. We bough some with DD and then when she was born (5lbs 15 and half ounces) she was too small for them. When we did eventually use them we preferred disposable so didnt continue.

Hope your all good :) xxxx
Yay you're back! What type of doppler do you have?

About the seat inside the regular bathtub: are you also getting in the bathtub or just bending over from outside?

I will try out both cloth and disposable nappies, and see what works for us.

Ha yes unfourtunately it is. Like you said I feel like I loook 6 months ppregnant.

It is a big bump but it is wonderful, don't say unfortunately! you look lovely!:flower:
I still don't look pregnant at all.:shrug:

One thing I found invaluable was having smaller flannels/muslins/cloths to put under baby's butt on the changing table, on top of the changing pad cover - if you use a changing table at all. (I personally loved mine, and still do, but lots of parents prefer to use the floor/bed etc instead) anyway, changing the entire cover each time a mess would end up on it would take forever so it was really time saving to just put a smaller pad underneath the 'messy area' and pitch it in the laundry whenever something got on it instead of changing the entire cover :D

Just use a towel, everyone I know just lay a towel on the bed or any surface, changing table, soft floor etc, and change the nappy!:winkwink: and in the washing machine it goes with all the towels used during the day!
If there is poop stain I would first just wash on the spot with some soap and then pop in the machine.

Lily I thought my brother was going to die when I told him the cot we are looking at is £60 from ikea! But if it meets the British safety standards...why is it not considered as good? :shrug: he's such a snob sometimes lol!

Littlespy, thanks for that info about reusable wipes! I actually got 20 in a job lot of nappies I bought on eBay, but haven't given them much thought yet. I like the idea though of just using water and no chemicals on baby's butt, and again it's less garbage for landfills which I'm big into!!

Stmw congrats on the heartbeat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->