April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

I like Ikea very much, it is my main source for home stuff, they are all as good as the exp stuff. Yes some people are snobs or are feeling pressured to keep up with the Joneses.

It was LittleSpy that suggested the cloth wipes, and yes they are better than the baby wipes from the super market. I'm looking for good ones right now, if anyone has a link in the ebay.co.uk or ebay.de it will be most welcome!

Ugh, had a restless night, first i got heavy bleeding again and then my migraine progressed to vomiting. Feeling a lot better today, back to spotting again and I've managed to keep down an apple and some paracetamol. Tough pregnancy this one lol! Mind you, I'll endure any unpleasant symptoms as long as our little baby is able to hang on in there!
Sorry for all the complaining recently, feel like a right whingebag! :dohh:

lily, keep looking on eBay, one will pop up in your area before long I bet!

The wipe warmer sounds like a good idea. I had to use warm water and cotton wool for ages with Sidney, he has very sensitive skin. Reusable wipes would have been better but I never got round to buying/making them!

Morning ladies! Great news on the scan candy!! Hope you manage to get some rest this afternoon!!

Dano sorry to hear you had a rough night - moan away we all do it's how we cope and get through! We are ALL here to listen and suppor you!

Well I have a dilemma do I book a private gender scan?! I really really want one esp as my 20 week scan will prob be 21 weeks soooo far away! But oh thinks I'm silly and should wait and it's nearly £80 and not a gauretee grrrr I said this morning I was booking one but I haven't actually done it yet.....

Wish I wasn't so impatient!!!!

Hope everyone is ok! Oh and I'm going to look at wipe warmers today Yey!! Thanks for the tip!

Mommabrown- dont say unfortunately! I love it! Is it your first baby? its a similar size to mine apart from I just look fat. pmsl. I will put my bump up in a min.

Hmm... I cant think of a necessity but I can think of things we bought that we could have done without...
1) changing mat- I ended up changing him on my lap a lot. Never used the mat.
2) diaper genie- we used it for the first month but then just stuck the nappies in the wheelie bin. more trouble than its worth.
3) baby bath- I ended up using a towelin bath support in the big bath. He used it until he was one. Then he just sat in there.

:)

xx

Attachments

• bath support.jpg
    bath support.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 1
Heres my bump @ 13+2 :blush:

Attachments

• bump @ 13+2.jpg
    bump @ 13+2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 5
I love your bump teamo!! Does the towelling bath thing have a support? Sorry I'm new to this!!

Thanks hun. Im starting to love it. Cant wait for kicks!!! :) Loved watching Cams legs move through my skin last time...

the towelling thing is a bath support. It is made to sit in the bath, you lay the baby straight onto it- it fits in a smaller baby bath but I just used it straight in the big bath. It was brilliant. x

Dan-o you are not whinging!!!!! You are having a pretty rough, crappy time at the minute and that is exactly what we are here for - to listen to how you feel and (try to!) help you through it. I'm sorry to hear the bleeding is back, but fingers crossed scan tomorrow is as good as yesterday.

Lily, most of our house stuff is Ikea as well. What i like is that they have such a range of prices. If you want to spend £100 on a table, you can...if you want to spend £400 you can. We generally buy mid-range stuff, but it's still SOOOOOO much cheaper than most other places! And yep, i wrote Lily but meant littlespy :blush:

Thanks ladies :hugs:

Nimbec, I had the same dilemma with Sidney! We decided to wait until the NHS scan, but it was awful lol! Sidney was jammed so far into my pelvis all we could see was the back of his head and his spine :haha: they never even measured half the things they are supposed to, im surprised we didn't have to go back for a rescan! Subsequently we ended up going for a private scan at 21 weeks to check baby over properly and look for gender clues, the private one was so clear and Sidney wide awake so we got some wonderful pics as well! The private sonographer suggested drinking some lucozade 30 mins before and boy did it work lol :haha:

Teamo, cute bump!!

^ True drinking or eating something sweet makes the beans jump in there! I had juice and 2 figs before my scan. But it took so long the little moomin was back to sleep by th eend of it.
Dan o everything will go fine!

Te amo lovely bump!!!

Nimbec about the private scan as I had one: you just call and you get an appointment usually the next 2-3 days.
I will make a new one for the next scheduled scan privately as my whole family and my sis' boyfriend wants to come and see the baby. They are so embarrassing... :p
The only person who is not asking to come along is poor DH, he prefers the emails I send him ha ha!

Dan-O I hope you are feeling better soon hun, don't worry about us we are hear for you to let go on so dont say sorry!

I love IKEA I lived in norway and we would get most of our stuff from there.

TeAmo cute bump!!

I just had my NT scan, pics are on my facebook wall now, I felt like I was going to poo myself then they tilted the table up so I was upside down I felt like I was going to vom haha.. But I have a super cute little baby and I saw something on the screen that looks like a little dingley thingely so I may call boy now! lol

Ooh how exciting Ukgirl, congrats on the fab scan! Can't wait to see pics! X

Been out of the loop for a bit since feeling some relief from MS! Doing a lot more, eating better, sleeping better and doing all of my 12 week scans (NT) and blood work. Got a call yesterday from my dr's office saying I am in all of the lowest risk catagories!!! Plus the tech was nice enough to take a potty shot on the screen and say she'd guess "girl", but that can't be official yet, still to early! But the 3 lines were very visible! We shall see :). A healthy babe is all I want and this one is measuring right on par with its brother. Such a relief to have those 12 week bits done and ok'd with A++++'s all around. :happydance:

Aww UKgirl, I was tipped upside down too! I could barely see the screen. lol.

liams mom, great results!! i am on the phone atm waiting for nuchal results... also the sonographers over there seem much more generous with their time. they'd never go near gender guesses at 12 weeks. not even 16 weeks unless you pay. You can ask for it at your 20 week scan but i know a friend who was told it wasnt their job to tell them the gender, just to check baby was healthy!

xx

My OB office offer genders scans starting at 15 weeks for $75 (USD). I had one at 15+2 (as early as possible because I turned 15 weeks on a Saturday) with Maisie and she was obviously a girl. I have one at 15 weeks on the nose this time (NEXT THURSDAY!!!). If there's a possibility for me to know and I can afford it, I'm doing it as soon as I can. I can't help myself. :dohh: It didn't help that I'll be almost 21 weeks for my anatomy scan since my 20th week falls on US Thanksgiving and they only do them at 20-21 weeks. :dohh: I just hope they can tell. I've gotten myself so worked up about it I can't imagine how silly disappointed I'll be if I have to wait another week for a rescan. :haha: I was feeling quite boy again and lo and behold, I had another labor/delivery GIRL dream last night. :wacko: It's amazing that I don't care at all either way but I just have to know.

Oh wow, next Thursday you can find out the gender? That's amazing! Times going so fast!

I'm waiting until the 20 week one, but will have another if it's at all ambiguous. I also really want (need!) to know, I could never wait until birth day, id have a baby with no name or clothes lol! :haha:

Lily I am jealous of people who can just use a towel - when DS was newborn it worked for us but now he rolls squirms tries to stand/crawl away and a towel is useless! Def need something held to the changing pad with elastic now.

So exciting that finding out gender is coming so fast for everyone! I have an appt next Wednesday for my first cervical length scan and am hoping that we might be able to find out then - I'll be 15+1 by my dates but baby was measuring a week ahead last scan so we shall see! I had a boy feeling with DS but I have no feeling at all this time!

forgot to add my EDD has changed, they dated me at 13 + 2 so my new due date is april 14th :( no more birthday baby lol..

I usually just put a towel over the changing mat it warms it up and stops leaks and it's there for after bathing too. my babies wriggle too much for a little cloth to catch anything. I remember once I was changing my son and I dropped a nappy so I bent down to pick it up and he peed right over my shoulder then all down my boob!! lol
This is also how I learned to point ''it'' down when you put it in the nappy lol..

I got a shot of between the legs if anyone wants to take a guess at gender for me. I have to wait for the 20 weeks scan to find out. The NT test results wont be in for at least a week unless there is a problem then they would call in 3 days... so no news is good news in this case. Got the flu jab tomorrow hopefully I dont poo my pants lol.. Hopefully the doctor can help me out with this stomach virus I've had for 8 days now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->